New York Precinct Results Questions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:26:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  New York Precinct Results Questions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York Precinct Results Questions  (Read 8107 times)
Progressive
jro660

« on: November 16, 2009, 03:35:44 PM »

Hi everyone,

Could someone provide some context on the lone precinct in Manhattan that went for McCain by 3 votes?  I've looked at the map from the NYC BOE and it is a sliver from around the Penn Station/Herald Square area.  Is this an oddball result from a precinct with a non residential zoning that somehow had voters registered into?

Also - Obama won the Bronx with 88% but lost by lopsided margins in more than a handful of precincts around the Throgs Neck and Morris Park areas.  Have these areas around Throgs Neck and Morris Park always been Republican bastions due to their Italian, Catholic demographics or did it had more to do with the 9/11 effect (a la Staten Island, Monmouth Co NJ, Ocean Co NJ)?

Thanks for any insights.

The area in the Bronx that you're referring to is heavily Italian, Irish, and Hispanic. It is similar to Northern Staten Island, with a heavy Irish-Italian influence and a visible Hispanic minority.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »

Can you send me where  u get this precinct information from? I like checking out stats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies