New Polls Entry Script
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:23:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  New Polls Entry Script
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Polls Entry Script  (Read 9577 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »

Hi,
I've added the 2010 Gubernatorial Polls pages.  Please take your time when entering these contests - and also please enter the details of multiple match-ups in the details box where appropriate (to allow the figures to be changed more easily later when the actual candidate is known - for trend graphs).

Thanks,
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:32:25 PM »

Please Note that I have updated this script with several enhancements -> the most notable being that there is now a field to select the name of the candidates when entering the polls.  When entering polls, please choose the candidate match-up that is most likely at the time the poll was taken.  This now shows the correct candidates in the summary pages for the polling data entered and helps provide a nice history of the contest as the dynamics unfold (and 2010 has been quite dynamic).  

Note that I have not filled the new data table with all the candidate names - you can help fill these out as new polls are entered or as you update the existing polls.

Another feature is the ability to view all the polls you entered by clicking on your name in any give poll summary page.  Please help update the polls in the database with the correct names by going to your polls and edit them, choose or edit names, and click "Edit Poll".

Please note that I have edited many polls to improve their quality.  Please, when entering a poll, include the "About this Poll" information in the Poll Article and data for the matchups, preferably the question as well.

Note that I have not tested the entry of new polls as yet.  Let me know if you find any issues.
Thanks,
Dave
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies