CNN Poll: who is qualified to be President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:33:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  CNN Poll: who is qualified to be President?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: CNN Poll: who is qualified to be President?  (Read 5294 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 02:51:30 PM »

Nick Allman is a fool.  He's also 12.  Go away kid, you contribute nothing positive to this forum...you're ignorant.

At least I'm not a Democrat

Being a Democrat isn't that bad. I'm a Democrat and I like the Dems better than the GOP.

...Which proves what exactly?

That the Democrats aren't as bad as the GOP make them out to be.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »

Oh they're all very qualified. The Republicans you've mentioned have all governed states and that's more than anyone can ever say about Obama. Clinton I hate to say this but as first lady she really was involved with alot. Now there's no doubt in my mind her power hungry mentality would get in her way to do good, but she is as qualified as anyone gets. Biden is on the fence because he's never governed anything in his life unless you count now. Plus he's an idiot.

Romney, Huckabee, and Romney have all had real life experience. Hillary and Biden are mentally screwed up and have never had a real job in their lives.

Romney, Huckabee, and Romney?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 10:48:34 PM »

Oh they're all very qualified. The Republicans you've mentioned have all governed states and that's more than anyone can ever say about Obama. Clinton I hate to say this but as first lady she really was involved with alot. Now there's no doubt in my mind her power hungry mentality would get in her way to do good, but she is as qualified as anyone gets. Biden is on the fence because he's never governed anything in his life unless you count now. Plus he's an idiot.

Romney, Huckabee, and Romney have all had real life experience. Hillary and Biden are mentally screwed up and have never had a real job in their lives.

Typo.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 06:10:25 AM »

I think he meant Romney, Romney, and Romney.  It's a very prestigious law firm.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 07:49:43 AM »

You're an idiot to even say that Biden  lacks life experience. His wife and daughter were killed in a car crash right after he was elected Senator and before he took the job. I think that qualifies as "life experience" to say the least.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 08:31:06 AM »

What on EARTH makes Hillary more qualified that Romney to be President?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 09:08:11 AM »

Romney, Huckabee, and Palin have all had real life experience. Hillary and Biden are mentally screwed up and have never had a real job in their lives.

Romney, Huckabee and Palin. Fixed
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 09:09:44 AM »

You're an idiot to even say that Biden  lacks life experience. His wife and daughter were killed in a car crash right after he was elected Senator and before he took the job. I think that qualifies as "life experience" to say the least.

I know that, but he's never worked a day in his life. He's never had a real job, and is not qualified to hold ANY office, in my opinion.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »

What on EARTH makes Hillary more qualified that Romney to be President?

42. Please tell me whether you think each of the following is or is not qualified to be president. (RANDOM ORDER)

Is qualified / Is not / No opinion

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
November 13-15, 2009 28% 70% 2%

Vice President Joe Biden
November 13-15, 2009 50% 48% 3%

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
November 13-15, 2009 67% 32% 1%

Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney
November 13-15, 2009 47% 42% 11%

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee
November 13-15, 2009 43% 47% 10%
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2009/11/palin_clinton_biden_romney.html

Palin - Yes

Biden - No

Clinton - No

Romney - Yes

Huckabee - Yes

lol at thinking Palin is qualified while Biden and Clinton are not.

Biden and Clinton have never had real jobs in their entire lives

So being a U.S. Senator isn't a real job? And at least Biden and Clinton did a good job as Senator, while Palin did a very bad job as Alaska Governor and Wasilla Mayor.

U.S. Senator is not a real job - I'm talking about life experience, which Sarah Palin has, in that she was a fishing boat and was a sports journalist. Yes, I consider those real jobs. Lawyer is not a real job.

Palin was one of the best Governors in the entire nation. Biden was a mediocore Senator, but Hillary sucked.
Wilmington City Council? (Biden)

He was on the New Castle City Council, and no, that is not a real job.

I'd rather have some like Biden or Hillary who had political jobs than someone with very little political experience but who had "real jobs". Being a Senator prepares you much more for being President than being a sports journalist. At least you know how the govt. works if you're a Senator. That's always a huge plus because you actually know how to pass a lot of legislation. I don't see how being a sports journalist and beauty pagent contestant prepares someone for the Presidency. And lawyer is a real job as well. You get paid for it and you get to argue your side in front of a judge.

Lawyers are paid to take pieces of information and twist it and turn it for the benefit of them and their client. That is not a real job.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 12:02:59 PM »

You're an idiot to even say that Biden  lacks life experience. His wife and daughter were killed in a car crash right after he was elected Senator and before he took the job. I think that qualifies as "life experience" to say the least.

I know that, but he's never worked a day in his life. He's never had a real job, and is not qualified to hold ANY office, in my opinion.

The guy has worked. Being a lawyer is a REAL job as is having a career in agriculture, they're just different TYPES of jobs.

Experience isn't everything. Some Presidents have done very well with little experience and other President's with a high level of experience have become failures.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 12:25:16 PM »

42. Please tell me whether you think each of the following is or is not qualified to be president. (RANDOM ORDER)

Vice President Joe Biden

Palin - Yes

Biden - No

Clinton - No

Romney - Yes

Huckabee - Yes

So being a U.S. Senator isn't a real job? And at least Biden and Clinton did a good job as Senator, while Palin did a very bad job as Alaska Governor and Wasilla Mayor.

U.S. Senator is not a real job - I'm talking about life experience, which Sarah Palin has, in that she was a fishing boat and was a sports journalist. Yes, I consider those real jobs. Lawyer is not a real job.

Palin was one of the best Governors in the entire nation. Biden was a mediocore Senator, but Hillary sucked.

I'm highly offended by the notion that being a lawyer isn't a real job.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »

Vice President Joe Biden

Palin - Yes

Biden - No

Clinton - No

Romney - Yes

Huckabee - Yes

I don't care. Lawyer isn't a real job.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »

The guy has worked. Being a lawyer is a REAL job as is having a career in agriculture, they're just different TYPES of jobs.

Experience isn't everything. Some Presidents have done very well with little experience and other President's with a high level of experience have become failures.

Experience is everything. What would he do if 9/11 happened under his watch? 9/11 changed everything, the way we live, who should and shouldn't be in the white house. Which presidents did well without experience? Which ones had the little experience that Obama had? Seriously saying some is using an empty word without substance.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 11:38:18 PM »

Vice President Joe Biden

Palin - Yes

Biden - No

Clinton - No

Romney - Yes

Huckabee - Yes

Yes, it is. Being a lawyer requires a lot of knowledge and actually helps people settle their disputes.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 11:49:54 PM »

Experience is everything. What would he do if 9/11 happened under his watch? 9/11 changed everything, the way we live, who should and shouldn't be in the white house. Which presidents did well without experience? Which ones had the little experience that Obama had? Seriously saying some is using an empty word without substance.

Experience isn't everything. A lot of our better Presidents (Lincoln, Arthur, Cleveland, FDR, Eisenhower, Obama) didn't have much experience, while a lot of our mediocre or bad Presidents had a lot of experience (Van Buren, Pierce, Buchanan, Hayes, McKinley, Harding, Coolidge, Nixon, Bush Sr.). Bush Jr. and Reagan had less experience in elected office than Obama did before he was elected President. And Bush screwed up big time by not trying harder to prevent 9/11, especially after receiving that Bin Laden Determined to Strike the U.S. Memo.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2010, 11:52:35 PM »

Vice President Joe Biden

Palin - Yes

Biden - No

Clinton - No

Romney - Yes

Huckabee - Yes

Yes, it is. Being a lawyer requires a lot of knowledge and actually helps people settle their disputes.

You mean make money off of deaths and others' misfortunes. Any case you ever are part of is torn apart to make you look like you're on the wrong side of everything anyhow. Obama really had more of a career as a senator and didn't have a high profile as an attorney other than acorn so he got away with it. Now, running a successful business that grows under your leadership is a sign of being able to manage well. For example, the Texas Rangers did better and better the longer Bush owned them. Or like Eisenhower leading a successful military campaign shows military leadership.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 11:58:19 PM »

Vice President Joe Biden

Palin - Yes

Biden - No

Clinton - No

Romney - Yes

Huckabee - Yes

You mean make money off of deaths and others' misfortunes. Any case you ever are part of is torn apart to make you look like you're on the wrong side of everything anyhow. Obama really had more of a career as a senator and didn't have a high profile as an attorney other than acorn so he got away with it. Now, running a successful business that grows under your leadership is a sign of being able to manage well. For example, the Texas Rangers did better and better the longer Bush owned them. Or like Eisenhower leading a successful military campaign shows military leadership.

You're just jealous that being a lawyer requires a lot of talent and constitutional knowledge. And I know that running a business and being a General is a real job. Also, I know that being a peanut farmer is a real job. The only non-real jobs are being celebrities and talk show hosts. Those aren't real jobs.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 02:29:09 AM »

Bush Jr. and Reagan had less experience in elected office than Obama did before he was elected President.

Um, no they didn't.  Both Bush Jr. and Reagan were elected twice to the governor's mansion in the two largest states in the US, and both had successful tenures there.  Obama's "experience" was basically keeping a state congressional seat warm, serving 2 years in the US senate, and then running for President.  His lack of administrative experience is one of the reasons I think he fumbled so badly as president.  Unlike say, Bill Clinton, he never had to deal with the ups and downs of actually running a large organization.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 02:43:32 AM »

FWIW, the Governor of Texas doesn't actually do anything.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 10:58:25 AM »

Not true!  He can...um...uh...he can...he can call the state legislature into special session!  Repeatedly!

(That really is the main function of the Governor of Texas, but one utilized quite often in a state where the legislature is only scheduled to meet for one 5 month session once every two years.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »

Not true!  He can...um...uh...he can...he can call the state legislature into special session!  Repeatedly!

(That really is the main function of the Governor of Texas, but one utilized quite often in a state where the legislature is only scheduled to meet for one 5 month session once every two years.

Interesting to know. It would be interesting if a libertarian were elected Governor of Texas & then the legislature was never called into special session. Evil
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »

Interesting to know. It would be interesting if a libertarian were elected Governor of Texas & then the legislature was never called into special session. Evil
Wouldn't be too much different from last year. The Department of Transportation was almost not renewed. The only difference would be that it would actually stick with a libertarian.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »

Bush Jr. and Reagan had less experience in elected office than Obama did before he was elected President.

Um, no they didn't.  Both Bush Jr. and Reagan were elected twice to the governor's mansion in the two largest states in the US, and both had successful tenures there.  Obama's "experience" was basically keeping a state congressional seat warm, serving 2 years in the US senate, and then running for President.  His lack of administrative experience is one of the reasons I think he fumbled so badly as president.  Unlike say, Bill Clinton, he never had to deal with the ups and downs of actually running a large organization.

I wasn't talking just about administrative experience. I was talking about any experience in elected office.
Obama did have more experience in elected office than those two did. Obama was elected to the Illinois State Senate in 1996, where he served until being elected to the U.S. Senate in 2004. He stayed in the U.S. Senate until the very end of 2008. Thus, Obama had 12 years of experience in elected office before being elected President.
In contrast, Reagan served just 8 years as Governor of CA and Bush Jr. served just 6 years as Governor of TX before being elected President. Both of them didn't have any other experience in elected office before being elected President. Thus, my point still stands.
And executive experience isn't everything. Clinton had a lot of executive experience but was essentially treated as a political amateur back in 1993-1994 due to his many mistakes (appointing his wife to reform healthcare being one). Obama did make some mistakes, but that doesn't mean he won't become more politically savvy in the the next several years of his Presidency.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2010, 02:26:41 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2010, 02:30:30 PM by Хahar »

Obama's "experience" was basically keeping a state congressional seat warm, serving 2 years in the US senate, and then running for President.

Also, this is insulting to state legislators. We have an Illinois state legislator here, and by all accounts he does an excellent job.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »

what are the numbers on whether Obama is qualified?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies