Who are the most overrated candidates for 2010? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:15:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Who are the most overrated candidates for 2010? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who are the most overrated candidates for 2010?  (Read 3793 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

« on: November 18, 2009, 01:42:48 PM »

To me, the obvious choice has always been Charlie Crist, but people are finally starting to realize he's not a sure thing. It was a different story a few months ago though. Just about everything has gone wrong for him since and the once supposedly beloved and extraordinarily talented/charismatic politician might be taken down from the right. While I generally don't enjoy crusades of ideological purity from either side, I might enjoy seeing Crist get beat since he's always been a shameless opportunist and overrated governor.

The other would have to be Robin Carnahan. Everyone cites her EPIC HISTORIC LANDSLIDE VICTORY for Secretary of State as a reason why her winning the Senate race is inevitable. While impressive, it was still just Secretary of State. Not nearly as hyperpartisan as a Senate race and an office she could probably win just off of name recognition and sympathy alone.  Her campaign has been pretty disappointing and lacking in substance thus far. She just recently put a rather vague issues section on her website, while she's always had things like  a contest to name her new pony. It looks like she's just trying to remain inoffensive, cryptic, and ride on her name for now.  Most polls have her neck and neck with Blunt, a not so charismatic figure to say the least, and by election day their names will be equally familiar. If the mood is generally anti-Democratic by then, she could easily be defeated.

Third choice would be Mark Kirk, but I think everyone is realizing he's a long shot despite being the best the Illinois GOP could possibly come up with.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 02:13:13 PM »

I thought about mentioning Carly too but anyone who seriously considers her an exceptionally strong candidate is just delusional.

Not really sure why so many were excited by recruits like Kelly Ayotte and Jane Norton either. Their political acumen is still largely a mystery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies