Please name me at least one original thought or position Sarah Palin has?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:51:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Please name me at least one original thought or position Sarah Palin has?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Please name me at least one original thought or position Sarah Palin has?  (Read 3666 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:36:58 AM »

Just one is fine.......but it's something that's uniquely her.

I can't think of any......she sounds like a tape recorder of other pols.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:29 AM »

Thinking that she is qualified to be (Vice)-President, who else would think THAT?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »

She has just as many as Obama has. That is, zero.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »

Ronald Reagan didn't have original ideas.  He had principles.  The ideas flow from there.  Sarah Palin has principles.  Ideas will flow from there as well.  A leader spawns the innovation and helps grow it. 

Of course, in democrats, it is the Gremlins effect.  We warn people not to vote for them (not to feed them after midnight) and then they turn into the ugliest things you have ever seen.  Then they throw an idea into the water and it spawns a whole bunch of other ugly things.

CJK
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »

Can you name an original thought or position that Obama has?
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2009, 07:09:24 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

Sure......American doesn't need cowboy diplomacy to remain the strongest nation on Earth, and that when we want to talk to those that hate us instead of destroy them on a whim, we don't weaken our position, we strengthen it.  The fact that he's vilified for being an "apologist" means that this is an idea others never thought possible.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:41:16 PM »

It seems like she has no problem making up all kinds of tales, Gramps.  Are you telling me that "Puting rearing his ugly head over Alaska" stuff wasn't original?

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/11/the-odd-lies-of-sarah-palin-a-roundup.html
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »

It seems like she has no problem making up all kinds of tales, Gramps.  Are you telling me that "Puting rearing his ugly head over Alaska" stuff wasn't original?

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/11/the-odd-lies-of-sarah-palin-a-roundup.html

Well, true, she does know about foreign affairs since she can see Russia.....I forgot about that....and then she refused government money for the bridge to nowhere....oh and the thought that 1 1/2 years as Governor isn't bailing out.....that's original too.....I guess I'm getting old, my friend.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »

Even though I am not a Reagan supporter, Palin is too stupid to do become another "Reagan." She's more like a Katherine Harris
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »

I don't know too many people who want to replace the Constitution with the Bible.

Oh, wait, that's Mike Huckabee.

Oh, wait, is there a difference?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 08:00:09 PM »

I don't know too many people who want to replace the Constitution with the Bible.

Oh, wait, that's Mike Huckabee.

Oh, wait, is there a difference?

Huckabee has a core ideology.  Palin does not.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 09:34:15 PM »

Sure......American doesn't need cowboy diplomacy to remain the strongest nation on Earth, and that when we want to talk to those that hate us instead of destroy them on a whim, we don't weaken our position, we strengthen it.  The fact that he's vilified for being an "apologist" means that this is an idea others never thought possible.

You are delusional if you think that that is Obama's position at all, never mind an original position he came up with.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 06:27:00 AM »

stop OCD'ing  on technicalities and look towards the larger point about Palin's intellectual capabilities
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 08:21:48 AM »

Any number of politicians, mostly on the left, have been using that line for years.  This is a nonsense question, since any idea a mainstream politician endorses has most likely been thought up by someone else before.

That being said, the correct answer is:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Jacobtm

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 08:46:41 AM »

The line she had about Alaskans collectively owning the land and resources in Alaska was at least pretty far from her usual spiel.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2009, 04:55:23 PM by pbrower2a »

President Obama doesn't need much originality; he can synthesize ideas effectively and adapt them to different circumstances (namely, the United States in the here-and-now).  He is obviously well-read, so something like Keynesian economics isn't an innovation to him. I can predict that if he ever writes his memoirs he will cite others as precedents for his decisions -- "Lincoln did this", "FDR did this", "Truman did this", "Eisenhower did this", "Kennedy did this", or even "Reagan did this". He has choices that others established as precedent, so he can adapt them at will as he deems appropriate.

Sarah Palin has a BA, but we don't know much about the content. It seems not to be history or philosophy. She could never have made law school.

Because Sarah Palin isn't so well-read she absolutely must innovate intellectually to meet circumstances completely new and unprecedented to her. She does so badly. She comes off as a demagogue who doesn't know what she is talking about.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 01:48:13 PM »

Thinking that she is qualified to be (Vice)-President, who else would think THAT?

Damn, you beat me to it! :-P
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »

President Obama doesn't need much originality;
Good that you realize Obama is as unoriginal as Palin.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Bullsh**t. Obama's corporate puppet-masters would have the same agenda regardless of the "here-and-now" circumstances.

But keep up the partisan hackery.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »

he can synthesize ideas effectively and adapt them to different circumstances (namely, the United States in the here-and-now). 
Bullsh**t. Obama's corporate puppet-masters would have the same agenda regardless of the "here-and-now" circumstances.

But keep up the partisan hackery.

Grin
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »

Ronald Reagan didn't have original ideas.  He had principles.  The ideas flow from there.  Sarah Palin has principles.  Ideas will flow from there as well.  A leader spawns the innovation and helps grow it. 

Of course, in democrats, it is the Gremlins effect.  We warn people not to vote for them (not to feed them after midnight) and then they turn into the ugliest things you have ever seen.  Then they throw an idea into the water and it spawns a whole bunch of other ugly things.

When I think of "original ideas" I think of complex ideas that people actually hold independently that have not simply been fed to them.  Reagan had many.  Palin has none.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 03:06:39 AM »

When I think of "original ideas" I think of complex ideas that people actually hold independently that have not simply been fed to them.  Reagan had many.  Palin has none.
Conservatism was a renewed philosophy but in a new experimental stage when Reagan was in office.  Reagan had advisors who crafted policies for him, policies based around his principles.  Sarah Palin has those same principles and when she runs she'll have a team putting together ideas as well.  Read her book.  I think you'll find lots of innovative ideas of her own.  The most interesting policy discussions are her talks with family members and how she explains the business world to Bristol.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 03:08:00 AM »

Conservatism was a renewed philosophy but in a new experimental stage when Reagan was in office.  Reagan had advisors who crafted policies for him, policies based around his principles.  Sarah Palin has those same principles and when she runs she'll have a team putting together ideas as well.  Read her book.  I think you'll find lots of innovative ideas of her own.  The most interesting policy discussions are her talks with family members and how she explains the business world to Bristol.
Can you cite some specific examples of Palin's original ideas?
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 03:18:53 AM »

Putting the government jet on EBAY was pretty original, even if it didn't sell.  She rerouted oil revenue to give all Alaskans a tax break.  I don't know anyone else doing that.  Once I finish the book, I will have a more fair and educated report.  The book is wonderful by the way.  I love the vernacular and imagery.  You can realy feel the Alaskan spirit.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 03:20:47 AM »

Putting the government jet on EBAY was pretty original, even if it didn't sell.  She rerouted oil revenue to give all Alaskans a tax break.  I don't know anyone else doing that.  Once I finish the book, I will have a more fair and educated report.  The book is wonderful by the way.  I love the vernacular and imagery.  You can realy feel the Alaskan spirit.
Ah, well, I'll take your word for it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies