Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 08:56:49 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games
| | |-+  Mock Parliment (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | | |-+  NEW: New Register Thread and Other Things
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: NEW: New Register Thread and Other Things  (Read 12912 times)
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 07:49:35 am »
Ignore

This is not Atlasia people, although it's fast becoming one.

I joined because I was genuinely curious about participating. I didn't know a bunch of other Atlasia people would suddenly flock here to line up in the same way.

I would be interested in this thing except that it's obviously becoming Atlasia2 where people can just be zombies again. Great fun.

afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 08:52:46 am »
Ignore

I would be interested in this thing except that it's obviously becoming Atlasia2 where people can just be zombies again. Great fun.

I've came back after a few days and it seems like that. I think the number of parties is high; I think there should be a left, centre and a right party and leave it like that. I'd also be keen on 'de-Americanising' this thing. I mean 'Constitution Party?' What constitution? What if ours is very liberal Smiley

Barnes & Noble
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 12:08:28 pm »
Ignore

I've came back after a few days and it seems like that. I think the number of parties is high; I think there should be a left, centre and a right party and leave it like that. I'd also be keen on 'de-Americanising' this thing. I mean 'Constitution Party?' What constitution? What if ours is very liberal Smiley

I agree with afleitch. A British or French style government would be nice.

Mint
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 03:09:22 pm »
Ignore

I mean 'Constitution Party?' What constitution? What if ours is very liberal Smiley

There are some that advocate for a bill of rights in your country. Tongue
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 04:00:35 pm »
Ignore

I want an Israeli style system Tongue

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 04:11:06 pm »
Ignore

'Twill be loosely based on the French Third Republic.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 04:19:14 pm »
Ignore

Fair enough.

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2009, 04:23:14 pm »
Ignore

Better.

Barnes & Noble
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 05:23:24 pm »
Ignore

Could you lay out the structure, then? Smiley

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2009, 05:50:06 pm »
Ignore

It will be a unitary state. The President will be elected in even-numbered months; he will have the authority to appoint and dismiss Prime Ministers, and also to dissolve the National Assembly. Any one National Assembly can sit for 45 days before being automatically dissolved. The Prime Minister shall appoint the government, which shall be responsible to the National Assembly. If we should choose at some point to create an upper house, the government would also be responsible to that house.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2009, 05:53:23 pm »
Ignore

How do you intend elections to be run?

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2009, 06:47:02 pm »
Ignore

That is to be determined. Simulated elections, though they certainly have their merits, may not be feasible.

Update reading list

Barnes & Noble
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »
Ignore

The Government sounds cool to me. I really want to get started soon. Smiley

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2009, 09:43:12 pm »
Ignore

I oppose running elections like in Atlasia, since that encourages stupid players, zombies and sh**t in general.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2009, 09:55:44 pm »
Ignore

Recall that voting would be by list at any rate. This would decrease zombie effects.

It might be interesting to have a Senate based on the Northern Irish model.

Update reading list

Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2009, 06:35:38 am »
Ignore

Recall that voting would be by list at any rate. This would decrease zombie effects.

What's the Northern Irish model? I was thinking like the Victorian (Australian) model would be a possible way of ensuring minority representation through PR, but not letting the numbers drop to insignificant 4% levels (50 Senators all off the one ballot).

I oppose running elections like in Atlasia, since that encourages stupid players, zombies and sh**t in general.

I wholeheartedly endorse this opinion.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2009, 11:10:18 am »
Ignore

What's the Northern Irish model? I was thinking like the Victorian (Australian) model would be a possible way of ensuring minority representation through PR, but not letting the numbers drop to insignificant 4% levels (50 Senators all off the one ballot).

Each lower house elects a certain number of Senators through STV, and the Senators' terms last a fixed number of Parliaments.

Update reading list

Barnes & Noble
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2009, 11:14:54 am »
Ignore

Do we have any ideas on how the Court System will work? If we're going to have one, that is. Smiley

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2009, 11:38:56 am »
Ignore

That is to be determined. Simulated elections, though they certainly have their merits, may not be feasible.

I don't see why not, especially as it would be easy to incorporate party membership stuff into how election results are calculated.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2009, 04:58:23 pm »
Ignore

Each lower house elects a certain number of Senators through STV, and the Senators' terms last a fixed number of Parliaments.

Virtually the same thing, then. The Victorian model, instead of a certain number of Senators per seat fixes eleven seats to one Region, and then elects five Upper House MLCs (Senators by another name still smell as, well, of talcum powder...) by STV.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2009, 10:49:00 pm »
Ignore

Do we have any ideas on how the Court System will work? If we're going to have one, that is. Smiley

I hope we dont'.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2009, 04:44:20 am »
Ignore

I hope we do.

Barnes & Noble
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2009, 11:15:51 pm »
Ignore

Bump.

Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2009, 11:41:22 pm »
Ignore

Let the GM determine how the Court finds in any legal challenge.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2009, 12:54:43 pm »
Ignore

If we have a powerful and active constitutional court in this, then it might as well be Atlasia - and there would be no point to that. I can accept that elements of Atlasia might be needed to make something on this sort of scale work here, but there are limits.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout