Florida already having voting problems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:00:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Florida already having voting problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida already having voting problems  (Read 6118 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2004, 02:43:35 PM »

Idiots, they had 4 years to get some reliable voting, and now it's worse than in 2000.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-1018earlyvoting,0,6958865,print.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 02:52:17 PM »

More likely intentional inaction/incompetence. 
shankbear

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 04:20:16 PM »

still in the same ignorant counties as 2000.  Now.......who runs those counties???  Ms. Lapore, et al.  What a joke.  Must be looking for a little TV face time.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 04:55:24 PM »

"LePore was a registered Democrat who advocated the office be nonpartisan. She switched to No Party Affiliation after the 2000 election. "

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/politics/primary/supervisor.html

What sort "intentional" activites are involved here?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 06:00:33 PM »

You mean the liberal counties still don't know how to hold an election?
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 06:39:42 PM »

Got a cousin in west palm beach. Says they are doing construction on roads around voting booth. People having trouble following detours.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 06:54:53 PM »

I totally did not expect this at all.
Andrew
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 09:06:30 PM »

We can expect many more problems--like this, and worse--on election day.  There is a 0% chance that we will know the winner of this election by November 3.

The cure is worse than the disease.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 09:10:04 PM »

You mean the liberal counties still don't know how to hold an election?

It's not the liberals in control.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 09:20:31 PM »

That Dems are alledging this already may be the best single bit of evidence aside from internal polling to suggest that Bush is up in the state.

Didn't Dems push for new means of voting? They got it, it's still not right. Oh well. It's just odd to me that this happens in the Democratic counties again. I think they want a built-in excuse.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 09:22:02 PM »

That Dems are alledging this already may be the best single bit of evidence aside from internal polling to suggest that Bush is up in the state.

Didn't Dems push for new means of voting? They got it, it's still not right. Oh well. It's just odd to me that this happens in the Democratic counties again. I think they want a built-in excuse.

So if someone complains about election problems in DC that means that Bush is up in DC? Nice try.

You guys stole the 2000 election, I imagine you'll try to steal this one too.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 09:24:52 PM »

So if someone complains about election problems in DC that means that Bush is up in DC? Nice try.

Aw, Fern, even you should be able to see the difference between FL and DC.

Republicans stole FL in 2000? LOL, not as badly as the Dems WANT to steal it in 2004!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 09:28:57 PM »

Republicans stole FL in 2000? LOL, not as badly as the Dems WANT to steal it in 2004!

Where do I even begin?
The scrub list that Jeb Bush wanted to use this year, had the following problem:

47,763 people on the list, 22.084 (46.24%) were black and 61 (0.13%) were Hispanic, when the general population is 14.8% black and 17.6% Hispanic.

Funny, his wife and daughter committed felonies (although they're not on their record), and weren't on the list (they're hispanic).

http://www.dkosopedia.com/index.php/Florida_Fraud

Bush won FL with the support of Saudi and Cuban terrorists (for example Orlando Bosch).
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 10:56:09 AM »

Where do I even begin?
The scrub list that Jeb Bush wanted to use this year, had the following problem:

47,763 people on the list, 22.084 (46.24%) were black and 61 (0.13%) were Hispanic, when the general population is 14.8% black and 17.6% Hispanic.

Funny, his wife and daughter committed felonies (although they're not on their record), and weren't on the list (they're hispanic).

http://www.dkosopedia.com/index.php/Florida_Fraud

Bush won FL with the support of Saudi and Cuban terrorists (for example Orlando Bosch).

Is voter fraud okay if it results in a Democrat winning, just curious?

I would add to that counting votes until we get one that shows a Democrat winning.
shankbear

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2004, 11:43:28 AM »

fern you are sounding like you are off your meds again.  Go get the pill bottle....take two......relax.
khirkhib

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 01:20:04 PM »

It really is sad.  We have been saying that the Machines might have problems for monthes and on the first day over hald of the computer systems are down for hours.  Thank god this didn't happen on Nov 2nd or there would have been rioting in the streets.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 02:20:15 PM »

It really is sad.  We have been saying that the Machines might have problems for monthes and on the first day over hald of the computer systems are down for hours.  Thank god this didn't happen on Nov 2nd or there would have been rioting in the streets.

It was the computer and not the voting machines themselves that failed.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 02:40:30 PM »

It was Democrats who wanted the bloody things in the first place!  WHy not just say that you want a new ballot that lists only democrats and be done with it.  Nothing else tried has satisfied the Florida dems.
electcollfan
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 08:00:48 PM »

I'm from FL...It is only Miami-Dade, Broward and West Palm Beach Counties that seem to have this problem...utter idiots. They will probably screw up again; the lawyers are getting ready.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 08:31:02 PM »

That is not all that surprising, though. The most populated counties will usually have the most problems.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 08:32:41 PM »

I'm from FL...It is only Miami-Dade, Broward and West Palm Beach Counties that seem to have this problem...utter idiots. They will probably screw up again; the lawyers are getting ready.

Hillsborough county has had no problems with their touch screens. And yes we do have paper backup, don't believe the lies.

'Will the last American out of Miami please take the flag?"
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2004, 12:24:51 AM »

Opebo, that's just idiotic.  If they were trying to manupulate the election to favor them, why in the Hell would they do it now and draw ealry attention?  Why wouldn't they wait until the Nov. 2nd election?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2004, 02:01:12 AM »

It was Democrats who wanted the bloody things in the first place!  WHy not just say that you want a new ballot that lists only democrats and be done with it.  Nothing else tried has satisfied the Florida dems.

I never wanted Diebold electronic vote stealing machines. We've been bitching about those for years. Hell, one of those even gave Al Gore -16,000 votes in a precinct in the Florida 2000 election. Florida would have never been called for Bush election night if it wasn't for Diebold.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 02:02:40 AM »

Opebo, that's just idiotic.  If they were trying to manupulate the election to favor them, why in the Hell would they do it now and draw ealry attention?  Why wouldn't they wait until the Nov. 2nd election?

Why? They stole an election 4 yeras ago and the media didn't care.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 08:32:12 AM »

And Gores people wanted to violate the Equal Protection clause in the constitutuion, so what's your point?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies