Which show do you like more?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:43:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which show do you like more?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which show do you like more?
Family Guy (left wing)

South Park (left wing)

Family Guy (centrist)

South Park (centrist)

Family Guy (right wing)

South Park (right wing)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Which show do you like more?  (Read 3345 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2009, 02:43:55 PM »

Option 1 obviously. I really hope no one votes for Option 2. Only fake liberals watch South Park.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »

South Park. As far as the politics go SP doesn't force it down your throat. Family Guy used to be ok but now it's just pure crap when they focus on politics.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »

South Park (left wing)
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:25:55 PM »

South Park, though I rarely watch it.

Family Guy was brilliant during its first three seasons.  Since they brought it back the last time, it has been a shell of its former self.  I don't think Seth MacFarlane does much of the scripting anymore, which would make since he now has two other shows to work on.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »

South Park (R).

I love Family Guy, though.  It's just that South Park is a little better, IMO.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 06:39:03 PM »

Family Guy (D).  South Park sucks.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 06:39:25 PM »

That's probably the smartest thing you've ever said.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 10:15:18 PM »

Guess i'm a fake librul. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »

I can't say I like either.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »

I like both, but I'm leaning towards voting for Family Guy. However, South Park has been hilarious lately, and Family Guy was better before it was cancelled.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »

Family Guy (D).

I've never really liked South Park, just because it's South Park. Tongue
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 11:28:53 PM »

This isn't really a political issue. I can't imagine a person of at least reasonable intelligence liking Family Guy. It's the comedic equivalent of cheese whiz. If I was a stupid frat guy who just got done playing a hardcore game of ultimate frisbee and picked up a pack of Natty, I might want to sit down and watch Family Guy at the end of the day.

South Park pulls off satire and keeps things funny and extremely current.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »

Family Guy - although I've never really been a huge fan of either (and The Cleveland Show just sucks) - I'm a Simpsons fan myself.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »

Family Guy is one of the worst, most unfunny, and unintelligent shows on TV. It's the lowest common denominator of TV shows, right up there with Two and a Half Men and Deal or No Deal.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 01:14:25 AM »

Family Guy used to be funny, but anymore I find it to be too ... well ... obnoxious.

South Park manages to be political in a funny, poignant and satirical way. Family Guy can't do politics at all. The 80s references were great for the first few seasons, but I'm afraid that Family Guy's target demographic today doesn't get them anymore ... hell, I barely did sometimes.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 01:28:25 AM »

south park
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 01:44:36 AM »

This isn't really a political issue. I can't imagine a person of at least reasonable intelligence liking Family Guy. It's the comedic equivalent of cheese whiz. If I was a stupid frat guy who just got done playing a hardcore game of ultimate frisbee and picked up a pack of Natty, I might want to sit down and watch Family Guy at the end of the day.

Uh, no. Frat boys are almost all right wing, so they would prefer South Park. Most would hate Family Guy for being very left-leaning (everyone knows Seth McFarlane is a huge liberal) and very anti-Republican. On the other hand South Park's right wing propaganda is exactly up the alley of anyone in a frat.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 01:58:07 AM »

Uh, no. Frat boys are almost all right wing, so they would prefer South Park. Most would hate Family Guy for being very left-leaning (everyone knows Seth McFarlane is a huge liberal) and very anti-Republican. On the other hand South Park's right wing propaganda is exactly up the alley of anyone in a frat.

Except every frat guy I've ever met loves Family Guy. I (and I realize this is a reflection on me) know and used to hang out with them. At the three frat houses I've spent a lot of time in Family Guy was almost ALWAYS on the tv. Same goes for the frat dudes I know at UVA and Tech. Almost none of them that I know like South Park. I also think your characterization of frat guys as right wing is outdated. Most frat guys I know could care less about politics, they just want whatever "lowest common denominator" show can allow them to not think and make them laugh with cheap unintelligent humour, and Family Guy gives them just that.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 04:49:23 AM »

Except every frat guy I've ever met loves Family Guy. I (and I realize this is a reflection on me) know and used to hang out with them. At the three frat houses I've spent a lot of time in Family Guy was almost ALWAYS on the tv. Same goes for the frat dudes I know at UVA and Tech. Almost none of them that I know like South Park. I also think your characterization of frat guys as right wing is outdated. Most frat guys I know could care less about politics, they just want whatever "lowest common denominator" show can allow them to not think and make them laugh with cheap unintelligent humour, and Family Guy gives them just that.

I've observed the same thing: most frat guys I've met LOVE Family Guy and love to quote from it. The political commentary in both shows flies over their heads, as most don't care a bit about politics.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 05:15:47 AM »

I've observed the same thing: most frat guys I've met LOVE Family Guy and love to quote from it. The political commentary in both shows flies over their heads, as most don't care a bit about politics.

I think that describes a wide swath college students.  I can't tell you how many conservatives I know who love to quote it and consider amongst their favorite shows but then turn around  and complain about its politics.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 06:04:54 AM »

I dislike both, but I'd rather watch South Park.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 06:12:26 AM »

I don't think normal people decide which show to watch based on how left-wing or right-wing they or their creators may be.  

Most people I know enjoy both, I know I watch both and like both, I would say that my more politically-aware liberal friends prefer South Park as the humor there tends to be more deep and the show isn't designed for people with ADD.    I like how South Park produces classic TV moments like Fish Sticks or Cartman's latest Pokerface song.  

And I think there are very few stereotypical frat bros who don't love family guy.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 11:45:40 AM »

I might have seen Family Guy once or twice, a long time ago, didn't let me that much memory.

On the other hand i love South Park. Yes, i find the humor pretty deep and subtle, i can't think of a better show personally. I've used to be fed up that people used to like it mainly because of its trash face, that's far deeper than that. A pretty good criticism of the modern human being. Plus I find that the angle of the innocence of children is a good one, on several levels, and is very well done.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 12:21:58 PM »

I prefer shows which are intelligent, thoughtful and yes, funny rather than those that are gimmicky and dependant on cheap, random, boring jokes with zero replayability. It matters a jot what the political position of the creators are as long as the above holds.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 01:20:31 PM »

South Park. I don't care about the politics of the show, I watch it to make me laugh. I used to watch Family Guy weeknights on Cartoon Network, can't stand it now.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies