Pat Robertson continues to demonstrate his assholitude
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:34:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pat Robertson continues to demonstrate his assholitude
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pat Robertson continues to demonstrate his assholitude  (Read 1233 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2012, 08:44:57 PM »

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/16/pat-robertson-dont-adopt-sexually-abused-children-that-could-grow-up-weird/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhyJpLIpRVA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »

Pat Robertson should do the world a favor and send himself to hell already.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »

And take his buddies in the Phelps clan with him.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »

And take his buddies in the Phelps clan with him.

Is Michael melting down his gold medals to make a cross to crucify people on? Wink
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 11:29:35 PM »

Pat really shot himself in the foot this time.  Evangelical Christians are among the most pro-international adoption people around - certainly in the Virginia Beach area.  A lot of people around him are going to be quite upset.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »

Don't adopt children that could end up "weird"...like me, Pat Robertson.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 01:29:07 AM »

Pat Robertson really needs to just stop talking.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 03:41:40 AM »

Assholier Than Thou.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 04:44:32 AM »

Pat Robertson? Thought he was dead.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 04:49:52 AM »

Who said they would accept him?

If only we were so lucky.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 08:12:03 AM »

Who said they would accept him?

If only we were so lucky.
Are you kidding? Of course hell will take Robertson! Satan is always trying to make hell more miserable and evil you know Wink

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »

I liked at the very end of the video when he realized he'd dug himself as deep as he could go and decided to change the subject, sheepishly admitting "I'm in trouble!"
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »

Is Michael melting down his gold medals to make a cross to crucify people on? Wink

William Jennings Bryan would disapprove of that statement. Tongue
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »

I liked at the very end of the video when he realized he'd dug himself as deep as he could go and decided to change the subject, sheepishly admitting "I'm in trouble!"

Yeah, you know it's bad when even he has the sense to figure out he's screwed up.
Link
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »

You know something Pat actually showed he was a regular guy and "gets it" for once.  He didn't just unprompted blurt that out.  From the article...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It was a direct question.  How would you guys have answered?  Here's what Pat said...

It is an inartful comment particularly from a "Holy" man, but the answer probably accounts for a chunk of the bad results the woman is seeing.  A single woman with three kids is not going to be a hot item on the dating circuit.  A woman with three adopted kids?  I don't even want to think about it.  A woman with three adopted kids from three different cultures/races?  Be serious.

I'm not saying the results or attitude she will get is right.  But I don't have three children of any type... and there is a reason for it.  If I decide to have three children I will accept what that will do to my dating life if I find myself single at some point.  It's part of the deal.  Pat Robertson doesn't need to explain the obvious to me.

Would any of the men on this forum date a woman that had three adopted kids from multiple cultures/races?  If you would would you be indifferent or would it at least give you some pause?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »

Would any of the men on this forum date a woman that had three adopted kids from multiple cultures/races?  If you would would you be indifferent or would it at least give you some pause?

Having three kids would give me pause, simply because of the financial and practical implications of suddenly taking on an entire family.  The children being of different races/countries, though?  No, because I'm not a bigoted asshole.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 02:52:18 AM »

The relevant part from the women's question was the part about the kids not coming with child support. People usually hesitate dating women with children but the fact it's 3 kids and they are only being supported by one parent would be a deal breaker for most folks. Unless the woman makes a lot of money and can support them all easily.
Link
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 10:22:42 AM by Link »

Having three kids would give me pause, simply because of the financial and practical implications of suddenly taking on an entire family.

The relevant part from the women's question was the part about the kids not coming with child support. People usually hesitate dating women with children but the fact it's 3 kids and they are only being supported by one parent would be a deal breaker for most folks. Unless the woman makes a lot of money and can support them all easily.

Well I'm glad there are some honest members of this forum.

Having three kids would give me pause, simply because of the financial and practical implications of suddenly taking on an entire family.  The children being of different races/countries, though?  No, because I'm not a bigoted asshole.

Children aren't pets.  I personally wouldn't have any problem what so ever marrying and having children with a woman from a different culture.  But to me culture is important.  I think it is important for children to know who they are and where they come from... if possible.   With all the real bigotry and bullying that goes on I believe it gives children strength to know the truth good and bad about their people.  It prevents other people from defining them.  I personally don't feel I can do that in a household with 4+ cultures.  Two sure great.  Three is the limit for me.  So I've got my culture, my wife's culture and we adopt a Chinese kid.  If we want to adopt more what's wrong with going back to china for a second kid?  How does that make someone a "bigot?"  If someone is white and their wife is black and they adopt a Chinese child I think it's a little unstable to call them a "bigot."

Also any behavior that is outside the norms of society will make people question your mental stability.  I personally have never met anyone who adopted three children from three different cultures.  Is it inconceivable that I would marry someone like that... maybe not, but if I find out about that on a first or second date I would probably move on.  Life is short and there are plenty of choices.  I've refused a second date for a lot less than that.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »

In another brilliant display of complete and total assholitude, Pat has now advised a man to beat his wife:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoHdO2rwGwE&feature=player_embedded
Link
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »

In another brilliant display of complete and total assholitude, Pat has now advised a man to beat his wife:

That's what offended you?!  The crack about Muslims is what offended me.  Did you hear the letter?  The guy said his wife physically threatened him.  Aren't we all equal?  If a woman assaults her husband he can't defend himself?  Okay I know in reality he can't, but I never understood that.  If we are all supposed to be equal I should be able to answer force with force... right?

Anyway the guy probably married a primadonna girl and now he is regretting it.  I'll date a hot primadonna girl for the sex but I know full well there is no way I can deal with that a career and children.  This a classic moth to the flame situation.  Bad advice from a holy man.  They either need counseling or a divorce.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2012, 09:50:21 PM by John Dibble »

That's what offended you?!  The crack about Muslims is what offended me.

Yeah, that's pretty offensive too, but I find domestic abuse to be a pretty offensive subject. Pat's entire schtick here is that he seems to be opining for the days back when it was perfectly okay to beat the snot out of your woman if she was getting uppity - he's basically saying "well, I'm not telling you to beat your wife because I'd get in trouble, but yeah, you should beat your wife."

Also, I'm just kind of desensitized to Robertson being offensive to non-Christians in general - after he blamed atheists for the Sikh temple shooting it's pretty much par for the course.

You can answer force with an appropriate amount of force to defend yourself, but going to the level of beating her goes beyond the level of self defense and just becomes domestic abuse on his end. Abuse from her does not excuse abuse from him. In terms of physical averages, men are stronger than women and so a physical conflict is not going to end up being equal.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies