Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 01:43:05 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
| | |-+  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
| | | |-+  Florida already having voting problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Florida already having voting problems  (Read 4006 times)
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2004, 02:43:35 pm »
Ignore

Idiots, they had 4 years to get some reliable voting, and now it's worse than in 2000.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-1018earlyvoting,0,6958865,print.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 02:52:17 pm »
Ignore

Idiots, they had 4 years to get some reliable voting, and now it's worse than in 2000.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-1018earlyvoting,0,6958865,print.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

More likely intentional inaction/incompetence. 

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

shankbear

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 04:20:16 pm »
Ignore

still in the same ignorant counties as 2000.  Now.......who runs those counties???  Ms. Lapore, et al.  What a joke.  Must be looking for a little TV face time.

Remember, we never lost a battle on the field in Vietnam, we lost the will to win the war.  Never repeat it!!!
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 04:55:24 pm »
Ignore

"LePore was a registered Democrat who advocated the office be nonpartisan. She switched to No Party Affiliation after the 2000 election. "

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/politics/primary/supervisor.html

What sort "intentional" activites are involved here?

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 06:00:33 pm »
Ignore

You mean the liberal counties still don't know how to hold an election?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
Redefeatbush04
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 06:39:42 pm »
Ignore

Got a cousin in west palm beach. Says they are doing construction on roads around voting booth. People having trouble following detours.

Man is by nature a political animal - Aristotle
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 06:54:53 pm »
Ignore

I totally did not expect this at all.

n/c
Andrew
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 09:06:30 pm »
Ignore

We can expect many more problems--like this, and worse--on election day.  There is a 0% chance that we will know the winner of this election by November 3.

The cure is worse than the disease.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 09:10:04 pm »
Ignore

You mean the liberal counties still don't know how to hold an election?

It's not the liberals in control.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 09:20:31 pm »
Ignore

That Dems are alledging this already may be the best single bit of evidence aside from internal polling to suggest that Bush is up in the state.

Didn't Dems push for new means of voting? They got it, it's still not right. Oh well. It's just odd to me that this happens in the Democratic counties again. I think they want a built-in excuse.

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 09:22:02 pm »
Ignore

That Dems are alledging this already may be the best single bit of evidence aside from internal polling to suggest that Bush is up in the state.

Didn't Dems push for new means of voting? They got it, it's still not right. Oh well. It's just odd to me that this happens in the Democratic counties again. I think they want a built-in excuse.

So if someone complains about election problems in DC that means that Bush is up in DC? Nice try.

You guys stole the 2000 election, I imagine you'll try to steal this one too.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 09:24:52 pm »
Ignore

So if someone complains about election problems in DC that means that Bush is up in DC? Nice try.

Aw, Fern, even you should be able to see the difference between FL and DC.

Republicans stole FL in 2000? LOL, not as badly as the Dems WANT to steal it in 2004!

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 09:28:57 pm »
Ignore

Republicans stole FL in 2000? LOL, not as badly as the Dems WANT to steal it in 2004!

Where do I even begin?
The scrub list that Jeb Bush wanted to use this year, had the following problem:

47,763 people on the list, 22.084 (46.24%) were black and 61 (0.13%) were Hispanic, when the general population is 14.8% black and 17.6% Hispanic.

Funny, his wife and daughter committed felonies (although they're not on their record), and weren't on the list (they're hispanic).

http://www.dkosopedia.com/index.php/Florida_Fraud

Bush won FL with the support of Saudi and Cuban terrorists (for example Orlando Bosch).
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 10:56:09 am »
Ignore

Where do I even begin?
The scrub list that Jeb Bush wanted to use this year, had the following problem:

47,763 people on the list, 22.084 (46.24%) were black and 61 (0.13%) were Hispanic, when the general population is 14.8% black and 17.6% Hispanic.

Funny, his wife and daughter committed felonies (although they're not on their record), and weren't on the list (they're hispanic).

http://www.dkosopedia.com/index.php/Florida_Fraud

Bush won FL with the support of Saudi and Cuban terrorists (for example Orlando Bosch).

Is voter fraud okay if it results in a Democrat winning, just curious?

I would add to that counting votes until we get one that shows a Democrat winning.

shankbear

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2004, 11:43:28 am »
Ignore

fern you are sounding like you are off your meds again.  Go get the pill bottle....take two......relax.

Remember, we never lost a battle on the field in Vietnam, we lost the will to win the war.  Never repeat it!!!
khirkhib
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 01:20:04 pm »
Ignore

It really is sad.  We have been saying that the Machines might have problems for monthes and on the first day over hald of the computer systems are down for hours.  Thank god this didn't happen on Nov 2nd or there would have been rioting in the streets.
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 02:20:15 pm »
Ignore

It really is sad. We have been saying that the Machines might have problems for monthes and on the first day over hald of the computer systems are down for hours. Thank god this didn't happen on Nov 2nd or there would have been rioting in the streets.

It was the computer and not the voting machines themselves that failed.

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
ATFFL
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 02:40:30 pm »
Ignore

It really is sad.  We have been saying that the Machines might have problems for monthes and on the first day over hald of the computer systems are down for hours.  Thank god this didn't happen on Nov 2nd or there would have been rioting in the streets.

It was Democrats who wanted the bloody things in the first place!  WHy not just say that you want a new ballot that lists only democrats and be done with it.  Nothing else tried has satisfied the Florida dems.
electcollfan
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 08:00:48 pm »
Ignore

I'm from FL...It is only Miami-Dade, Broward and West Palm Beach Counties that seem to have this problem...utter idiots. They will probably screw up again; the lawyers are getting ready.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have.
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 08:31:02 pm »
Ignore

That is not all that surprising, though. The most populated counties will usually have the most problems.

n/c
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 08:32:41 pm »
Ignore

I'm from FL...It is only Miami-Dade, Broward and West Palm Beach Counties that seem to have this problem...utter idiots. They will probably screw up again; the lawyers are getting ready.

Hillsborough county has had no problems with their touch screens. And yes we do have paper backup, don't believe the lies.

'Will the last American out of Miami please take the flag?"
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Moderators
YaBB God
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2004, 12:24:51 am »
Ignore

Opebo, that's just idiotic.  If they were trying to manupulate the election to favor them, why in the Hell would they do it now and draw ealry attention?  Why wouldn't they wait until the Nov. 2nd election?

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2004, 02:01:12 am »
Ignore

It really is sad. We have been saying that the Machines might have problems for monthes and on the first day over hald of the computer systems are down for hours. Thank god this didn't happen on Nov 2nd or there would have been rioting in the streets.

It was Democrats who wanted the bloody things in the first place! WHy not just say that you want a new ballot that lists only democrats and be done with it. Nothing else tried has satisfied the Florida dems.

I never wanted Diebold electronic vote stealing machines. We've been bitching about those for years. Hell, one of those even gave Al Gore -16,000 votes in a precinct in the Florida 2000 election. Florida would have never been called for Bush election night if it wasn't for Diebold.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 02:02:40 am »
Ignore

Opebo, that's just idiotic. If they were trying to manupulate the election to favor them, why in the Hell would they do it now and draw ealry attention? Why wouldn't they wait until the Nov. 2nd election?

Why? They stole an election 4 yeras ago and the media didn't care.
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 08:32:12 am »
Ignore

And Gores people wanted to violate the Equal Protection clause in the constitutuion, so what's your point?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout