Nobel Peace Prize Winners Survivor - Organisation&Results - read it, then vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:04:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Nobel Peace Prize Winners Survivor - Organisation&Results - read it, then vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nobel Peace Prize Winners Survivor - Organisation&Results - read it, then vote  (Read 14869 times)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: November 30, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »

Gully is right.
But with 97 names, you've got one "extra": why not excluding the last one ? That would be less controversial...
And, even if it will be useless after 3 rounds, maybe you should call everyone to judge the Nobel prizes, not the politicians behind.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »

And why not a small survivor, simultaneously (because the big one would guarantee at least more than 3 votes !) or after, only on organizations ?

Sorry to give you more work !
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 04:26:57 AM »

I agree on your first tie-breaking rule (of course Wink), but also on your second one: we are more "moderate" on the old ones, so that's better to keep them.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 03:56:27 PM »

Very fine turnout indeed.
It will probably fall a bit (when we'll be in the 1900s-1910s series of dull ones... :-/), but, still, that's a very good basis to start from.

big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »

I've never noticed that Teddy and Woodrow had the same glasses...!
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 05:25:34 AM »

Of course, this tie-breaking rule may be considered as a bit conservative, but I think it's a good one because, as you say, every vote counts.

And it's anyway better than just coin toss (shame on you, Hash and Kal ! Wink).
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 09:38:50 AM »

Am I wrong or am I really the ONLY one to have casted votes for Borlaug ? Wink
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »

Am I wrong or am I really the ONLY one to have casted votes for Borlaug ? Wink

Yeah Cheesy

It seems you are the only Borlaug "hater" in this Game. But I've the feeling his time comes soon Wink

I really hope so, but I'll try regularly anyway !
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 07:00:05 AM »

And "HE" is still here... Angry
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 07:18:18 AM »

Without all my previous votes, he would still be here, so, I guess I haven't wasted entirely the first rounds... Wink
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 03:34:03 AM »

To Lewis and Hans-im-Glück:

Yeah, my Sakharov vote was a surprise, maybe even for me ! Wink

But, whereas in my 20th century history makers survivor, he was one of my second-favourites (because he was important in the USSR final years and COULD have been very important in Russia's history, as the only remaining democratic conscience),
his Nobel prize only because of fight against nuclear weapons, after having worked faithfully on them, is a bit of a fraud (oh, sure, like the big majority of Nobel prizes... Wink).

And there is my irritation at this huge trend in this forum to oust every man of power in Western countries:
it's more difficult for a Pearson to work REALLY for peace (and pretty efficiently, which isn't very often the case) than for a Yunus to promote his system (BTW, since some words on his potential political involvement, he has faded away and has compromised himself...): let's be clear. The courage isn't where you might think first...

This is the same outrage than my own when some voters ont fait la fine bouche (turned their nose up) because de Gaulle's return to power in 58 wasn't perfectly clean... 1940, 1944, 1946, new institutions, breat principles, personal integrity: all of this was put in the dustbin just to justify his elimination.

Unfortunately, I didn't vote early enough: I wouldn't have voted for Sakharov. It was a desperate vote.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 03:45:02 AM »

Good news: Brandt won my German Chancellors survivor and was a finalist in my 20th century history makers survivor. It would have been boring to have him here in the end once more.

Kim Dae-Jung was tempting but I preferred to oust Brandt.
I'm not very often in a position to decide a round in survivors... For once ! Wink
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »

Very exciting indeed... Cheesy
But the hard part will arrive now... I will be sad in the next 2 or 3 rounds, I'm worried...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 11:30:27 AM »

Sad
All this to save General Rabin ?!?
Walesa should have been in the top 5 and Gorby also. This forum is too young...

My 2 favourites are out now. What can I do ?
Of course, I've got 2 other names that I will defend but...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 03:15:58 AM »

And now that I've dropped voting Rabin, he seems to have an opportunity to be knocked out... OMG... what a silly voter I am sometimes...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 04:10:56 AM »

You must bring Borlaug back, so that I can vote against him at least 2 more times... Grin

After not having taking part in Rabin's defeat, now I'm obliged to vote against MLK to keep Ossietzky... Really difficult those days...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies