Should the Washington cop killer get the death penalty?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:17:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should the Washington cop killer get the death penalty?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should the Washington cop killer get the death penalty?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Should the Washington cop killer get the death penalty?  (Read 1975 times)
Mint
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 11:00:25 AM »

No. I oppose the death penalty in all circumstances.

But I do favor prison reform of a unique nature. Bastards like this should never have priviledges behind bars like TV, library, schooling or recreation. Feed them decently, make sure they have proper, basic medical care and sanitary facilities.  And keep them locked up until death.

I don't see the point of not allowing them some way to self-improve but it's sort of a moot point since the courts mandate most of those. My opinion is we should literally have criminals (real criminals, not drug users or whatever) work off their debt to society. If they're dangerous leave them in there and give them tasks to do, if they're not that bad make them pay off whoever they ripped off. Just having them sit around in prison for large segments of time at taxpayer expense is stupid.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »

No. I oppose the death penalty in all circumstances.

But I do favor prison reform of a unique nature. Bastards like this should never have priviledges behind bars like TV, library, schooling or recreation. Feed them decently, make sure they have proper, basic medical care and sanitary facilities.  And keep them locked up until death.

I don't see the point of not allowing them some way to self-improve but it's sort of a moot point since the courts mandate most of those. My opinion is we should literally have criminals (real criminals, not drug users or whatever) work off their debt to society. If they're dangerous leave them in there and give them tasks to do, if they're not that bad make them pay off whoever they ripped off. Just having them sit around in prison for large segments of time at taxpayer expense is stupid.

I could go for that.  The chain gang, making license plates, breaking rocks, whatever.  I would want it, though, to be something useful and yet not take jobs away from law-abiding citizens.  And the main thing would be security.  The chain gang works for me...but if some lunatic killer gets away, it becomes a giant clusterphuck.

How about exploding collars?  What movie was that...where if the prisoners went too far away from the work site, their collars detonated?  LOL...not really for that but there would have to be some sort of guarantor against escape.  Then count me in.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies