Election Night 2000 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:48:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night 2000 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Night 2000  (Read 20551 times)
WONK
Rookie

« on: December 04, 2003, 04:18:07 PM »

Good points.  Here's my problem with those who blame ballot cards and confusion for Gore's loss in FL:  Voting is a right, but it is also a RESPONSIBILITY.  When I go in to vote, I re-check my ballot to ensure that I have voted properly, that I haven't made a mistake or any sort of an ambiguous mark that could confuse.  I wonder why it is that so many blame this chad business on the system.  If they had taken the time and CARED ABOUT THE ACCURACY OF THEIR VOTE, they would have been more scrutinous of how their card looked prior to turning it in.  There is no reason we should have been subjected to the ridiculousness of chads.  But, isn't this what we've come to expect:  the left doesn't get what they want and they can't accept it gracefully.  Someone must have done something EVIL to take it away from them;  if they don't win it doesn't mean they lost, it means someone STOLE it from them.  Great point earlier by someone (?) who says, you can't steal something you've always had.  Who was it that said if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it's truth?  The left was clinging to this in 2000 and is still clinging to it now, and it's becoming quite tiresome and counterproductive.
WONK
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 04:01:19 PM »

That is a great quote jravnsbo.  I will use it often
WONK
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 04:08:58 PM »

Can you blame Gore?  If you had been US Grant or Horatio Seymour in 1868 would you have wanted the impeached, reviled Andrew Johnson campaigning for you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies