What the hell is "economic freedom"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:52:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What the hell is "economic freedom"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What the hell is "economic freedom"?  (Read 4207 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: December 05, 2009, 03:57:56 AM »

An intellectual fallacy used to justify economic anarchy.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 04:24:47 AM »

And what's wrong with economic anarchy?

Anarchy is the right for anyone to do whatever he wants. People pursue nothing but their self-interest, thus ruining the collective interest. Liberty isn't guaranteed, and strongest people oppress weakest people.
It's mostly the animals' social organizations.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 04:39:40 AM »

Anarchy is the right for anyone to do whatever he wants. People pursue nothing but their self-interest, thus ruining the collective interest. Liberty isn't guaranteed, and strongest people oppress weakest people.

Animals use collective organization, you ignorant hack. Ever heard of a pack of wolves? Any other animal? They all group together to protect themselves from outside threats.

Humans do not have this. We have families. Each family must group together to compete against other families to protect themselves. This means that I am required to take care of my family even if at the expense of another's. And guess what? The thought of it does not bother me one bit. We were all given the tools required to fight for our own survival, it's time people begin putting them to use.

Evolution also gave us a brain to realize how self-destructive "fight for survival" is for everyone.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 06:14:56 AM »

Individuals each acting for his or her own best interests together create the order necessary for the 'common good'.

This is an irrational thought supported by no fact. You're just a bigot, the Market is your God and Hayek your prophet.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 09:24:26 AM »

Anarchy is the right for anyone to do whatever he wants. People pursue nothing but their self-interest, thus ruining the collective interest.

Good. I hate collectivism, I hate community and I hate the tyranny that stems from both.

The collective good serves the individual good of everybody, when it's not highjacked by ideologues/theocrats.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 09:47:17 AM »

Anarchy is the right for anyone to do whatever he wants. People pursue nothing but their self-interest, thus ruining the collective interest.

Good. I hate collectivism, I hate community and I hate the tyranny that stems from both.

The collective good serves the individual good of everybody, when it's not highjacked by ideologues/theocrats.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't. Authoritarianism and totalitarianism have stemmed from collectivism, whether it be religion, nationalism, conservatism or big government. The way to stop any further dictatorship is to dismantle the state and live as an individual.

Extreme authoritarism and extreme anarchy are both excessively dangerous. Your problem is that you see things on only one side. The extreme opposite of the Evil isn't necessary the Good.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 02:57:21 PM »

I'm sorry, but it doesn't. Authoritarianism and totalitarianism have stemmed from collectivism, whether it be religion, nationalism, conservatism or big government. The way to stop any further dictatorship is to dismantle the state and live as an individual.

Extreme authoritarism and extreme anarchy are both excessively dangerous. Your problem is that you see things on only one side. The extreme opposite of the Evil isn't necessary the Good.

The former is yes. The latter is the natural state of mankind, for chaos is normal. It is 'order' that is the bizarre oddity that we have injected into our society. The fact is, the state is a major threat to individual sovereignty, which must ALWAYS come above anything else. 600 people sitting in a hall in London should not be able to make decisions that affect EVERYONE.

Anarchy is barbarity : individuals harm each other and exacerbation of individual interests makes the ruine of the entire society.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »

The former is yes. The latter is the natural state of mankind, for chaos is normal. It is 'order' that is the bizarre oddity that we have injected into our society. The fact is, the state is a major threat to individual sovereignty, which must ALWAYS come above anything else. 600 people sitting in a hall in London should not be able to make decisions that affect EVERYONE.

Anarchy is barbarity : individuals harm each other and exacerbation of individual interests makes the ruine of the entire society.

No, individuals compete. This is creative destruction. The best rise to the top, and the worst work for them. That is society and that is the way things are in a real society.

Maybe in your dreamworld, but certainly not in the reality.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »

No, individuals compete. This is creative destruction. The best rise to the top, and the worst work for them. That is society and that is the way things are in a real society.

Maybe in your dreamworld, but certainly not in the reality.

No it isnt. It is the way of the natural world. I support egalitarianism with regards to race, gender, sexuality etc. but not wealth. Those with merit must be at the top. The welfare state directly contravenes that, and should be abolished.

Money=merit ? LOL

That's an extremely naive way to view things. You should know by now that in the absence of any sort of meaningful central authority it tends to boil down to who has the most guns and gold. True Meritocracy has never existed anywhere regardless.

I'm quite reassured that for once even libertarians can have some sense of reality when Disraely throws all his hackery.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »

I don't find any accord with Mint. I just notice that he's a bit more realistic than you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies