1924: Davis defeats Coolidge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:46:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  1924: Davis defeats Coolidge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this TL
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: 1924: Davis defeats Coolidge  (Read 52626 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« on: December 10, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »

Very cool. The Alternate Hoover Presidency will be very interesting. Smiley

It certainly is a topic of fascination of mine and it should be interesting to see how this Hoover presidency is different to my timeline based on a similar concept, which can be found here. Be warned, its not that good and yet another version is the pipeworks Grin.

Anyway, I concur with Barnes; so far, so good, although you could use the butterfly effect a bit more, then again I do say that to everyone these days. The developments in the Weimar I expect should be most interesting, more so due to the election of Hoover and the Progressives in November.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »

Yup, Marx is President of the German Reich (forgot to ass his reelection in 1932) and Adolf get shot. Doesn't mean Nazi dissapeared Tongue

Damn! It would have been interesting to see the Weimar Republic survive without the threat of fascism, but rather that of the Soviet Union, and thus the revolution of the proletariat would remain mainstream, despite Trotsky's exile. Any drastic changes in Great Britain and the rest of Europe or will such changes remain dormant for the time being?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 06:23:02 PM »

At least Rocky can't complain about lack of butterflies Wink

You've finally seen the light Cheesy

Not that your timelines are bad, they're quite good, especially that Carter one of yours (I re-read it last night) but you have in the past, like some others on the board, including myself failed to utilise the potential of butterflies. Thus far I have been proven wrong, so long you don't steal any of my ideas for my fourth version of The Golden Age Wink.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies