LaSalle Parish, Louisiana
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:10:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  LaSalle Parish, Louisiana
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LaSalle Parish, Louisiana  (Read 11735 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 08:11:40 PM »

It works both ways, and makes sense. Whites are more Republican, blacks are heavily Democrat. So obviously McCain would do better in a county dominated by whites, just like Obama would do better in a county dominated by blacks.

To this extent?  Blanco also won there btw, and it had the biggest  drop from support for Duke in 91 to support for Jindl in 03..  I wonder why that is....
Blanco is a white woman and Jindal is an Indian man. LaSalle Parish and neighboring areas are incredibly racist. Go figure.

Jindal won LaSalle Parish in 2007 with a higher percentage of the vote than his statewide total.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 05:24:28 AM »

It's Northeast Louisiana. Check the fun with racial voting - LA edition thread. Smiley

You obviously haven't looked at many counties in Mississippi.
Not any counties this white in Mississippi.

Strange, I always think of LaSalle as the center of Louisiana rather than the NE, but maybe I'm just odd.

I didn't think Louisiana has a Center. Huh (I mean, you got Northern Lousiana - anywhere north of Cajunland - which obviously has a northwest looking more towards Texas and Shreveport and a northeast looking more towards the Mississippi River, and arguably a center as well in places like Winn Parish; and then you got the Cajun parts , which are the Southwest; and then you got New Orleans and the places on the Mississippi between it and Baton Rouge; and then you got the Florida Parishes, leaving you with, what? for a Center? Either Baton Rouge and its immediate surrounds, or nothing at all. I've never really thought of any place as situated in central Louisiana. And you can put your hand down, Mister. Tongue )
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies