There's no way Bayh will get the VP spot (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:24:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  There's no way Bayh will get the VP spot (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: There's no way Bayh will get the VP spot  (Read 6623 times)
Kghadial
Rookie

« on: March 08, 2004, 12:01:11 AM »
« edited: March 08, 2004, 12:03:52 AM by Kghadial »

I really really like Evan Bayh.  I will admit it. I think he'd be a good choice for VP or Pres. when he's in his fifties. But this year, right now i don't seem him being very good for the party.

Indiana won't go for the Dems, the Bayh's are a powerful bunch here in Indiana but Evan Bayh isn't enough.  

Indiana will be closer this year than last time around regardless of Evan running or not.  The Indiana conservative is an odd sort, not much like Southern conservatives at all.  There will be more of a backlash against fiddling with the Constitution then in the South, there will be some consernation about the deficit.  Still despite all this about half the populace will alway vote Republican in Presidential races, unless Evan is the presidential candidate.

Evan is the wrong answer because:  he doesn't put his home state in contention, he seems a little like the "Bush Lite" which was obviously rejected in '02 , his skeleton in the closet has hardly been aired and is fresh for Republican picking at.

What is the skeleton? When running for Secretary of State some questions as to whether he was a resident of Indiana for long enough to actually run for that office came up, then all the questions went away ...  

You see Evan Bayh had lived in the DC area almost all his young life since his father was a senator.  He moved back and kinda quickly ran for Sec State, I don't know if how these things got cleared up, but I'm sure if they did get cleared up legitimately that Karl Rove can spin it to make it look bad.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 06:58:45 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2004, 07:23:45 PM by Kghadial »

Kerry seems to me to be a very smart politician. He has noticed what mistakes have derailed candidates in the past. I think he's savvy enough to have learned from the mistakes of people around him: Ted Kennedy, Dukakis, Al Gore, Gephardt, etc. In the end i think he'll make one of the better VP choices in modern history.  Al Gore and Bush the first were the top tier, and Cheney right below . But other than those three no VP candidate could be considered a capable president since the Golden VP era of Truman, Nixon, and Johnson (throw in Nixon's '08 running mate Lodge as a capable president type too).  

I think Kerry will pick a capable leader, and someone who helps him electorally.
Who?

Bayh, Rendell, Richardson all seem good. And Brokaw would be a great wild card.

We'll see.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 08:31:08 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2004, 08:35:42 PM by Kghadial »

Yes, you should continue to get your political opinions from the likes of Chris Rock...and Michael Moore...and Al Franken...

They are funny guys. Liberals like to laugh. Basically since the previous sentence is alliterative.

At least our nut cases come off as funny rather ing scary like Ann Coulter .
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 08:59:26 PM »

Markdel,

I was talking about Chris Rock, Michael Moore, and Al Franken.

Bowling for Columbine has its funny moments. With him opening peoples doors in Canada, and getting a gun in a bank.

Al Franken's book, Lying Liars ....   , while horribly partisan it also has its funny moments.

Ann Coulter is only funny because one thinks that no one could be so ing scary.

Dennis Kucinich isn't a serious candidate, yeah sure he's nuts but at least he is harmless.

Dean's Scream was overplayed by the media.  It wasn't a crazy scream at all.  Dean was just the candidate of Democratic anger. Few if any of his actions come off as freaky nut case.

If what happened to Al Gore had happened you, you would be justified to lose your sanity for a while.  In any case in September 2001 , he spoke about how Bush was his commander and chief.  It might have been the beggining of his election campaign, but instead he supported Bush and since he didn't start running that early, it was basically too late for him to come back.  If Al Gore is insane, why would he have done that?

If you want to talk about insane candidates ...

Pat Robertson ran for your nomination once, tell me that he hasn't said anything nutty .

What about dubya's calling the war on terror "a crusade", he was saying how this wasn't a war on Islam, and yet he calls it A CRUSADE!!! That's insane

half trillion dollar deficits are pretty damn insane
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies