There's no way Bayh will get the VP spot (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:18:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  There's no way Bayh will get the VP spot (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: There's no way Bayh will get the VP spot  (Read 6617 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: March 08, 2004, 04:40:16 PM »

I just don’t get this idea of Gephardt as Kerry's running mate its like giving Dukakis Mondale as a running mate... the guy is past his prime would no go on to contest the presidency in 2012, he to the left of Kerry, would really help Kerry with any swing groups in the Midwest, he's dull (in my view) and unexciting and has a record of failure he's not won back the house or ever really come close added to that how did his mighty Union allies help him or Dean in Iowa?... no Kerry is not stupid and he wont pick Gephardt (if he does...whom I kidding I still vote for them but can't see it inspiring me or anyone else)... but then again Gephardt wont get picked!  

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 06:44:11 PM »

There are more reasons than that Gustaf, but your right! besides as I said Kerry doesn’t need to augment his social liberalism with a dash of old-New Deal style economic liberalism and union sponsored protectionism.... but I don’t think Kerry's dumb enough to pick Gephardt... sorry... I hope Kerry's not that dumb... he doesn’t seem to be... please… please…GOD!!!... ok calm down... let the healing begin...    
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 07:01:22 PM »

Your right Kerry strikes me as way too canny to do something as foolish and uninspiring as picking Gephardt... I just hope I'm right for the sake of the country!!!
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 03:43:36 AM »

Miami,

Pat Robertson is NOT a nutcase. I know you Democrats hate all fundamentalist Christians, but he is NOT a nutcase. Pat Buchanan...well, we have to plead GUILTY on that front...

You're right about Buchanan, he's as crazy as they come and I was always ashamed to have an anti-semitic pig like Buchanan as a prominent member of the Republican Party...but remember, he was NEVER elected to any office. And now that the Democratic Party is embracing the United Nations as the defining body of what the US should and should not do in the world, you guys can enjoy having your party tied to anti-semitism as well...and based on what I saw at an anti-war rally last Spring, there is PLENTY of room for anti-semitism in the modern Democratic Party...

You want to talk about anti-Semites look at Robertson... Robertson has said that Bush has been endorsed by God, that Orlando Florida will be washed away "Sodom and Gomorra style" by a great flood for its toleration of gays, Mother Teresa was not a true Christian and oh yeah only born again Christians can get to heaven...seem pretty far out to me...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies