Who may primary Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who may primary Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who may primary Obama?  (Read 5312 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: December 10, 2009, 06:59:10 AM »

Gravel would no chance. First of all, remember his 2008 bid when he was destroyed by media freeze. Second of all, he switched to LP. Third of all he'll be 82.

Gravel was my favorite in 2008 primaries even when he stood no chances.

And no one would primary Obama. If Kennedy couldnt' primary Carter in 1980, why do you think someone can primary incumnet at all?
Carter was a vastly superior president to Obama. If there actually were a strong candidate to challenge him, Obama would be very vulnerable as the country collapsed around him in time for 2012.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 01:46:44 AM »

Gravel would no chance. First of all, remember his 2008 bid when he was destroyed by media freeze. Second of all, he switched to LP. Third of all he'll be 82.

Gravel was my favorite in 2008 primaries even when he stood no chances.

And no one would primary Obama. If Kennedy couldnt' primary Carter in 1980, why do you think someone can primary incumnet at all?
Carter was a vastly superior president to Obama. If there actually were a strong candidate to challenge him, Obama would be very vulnerable as the country collapsed around him in time for 2012.

Wishful thinking strikes again!

Actually maybe Carter himself should run in 2012.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 02:06:03 AM »

Unless Obama has some sort of crippling incident between now and 2012 (stock collapse, terrorist attack, major scandal, etc.) there will be no serious primary challengers.  It'll all be jokes like Kucinich.

Kucinch might not want to run. If he's seen as ignoring his district on some hopeless race again, he'll have his own primary to worry about again.

This. I remember reading about Kucinich barely getting 50% in his Congressional primary in 2008, and dropping below 60% in the general election. He may think again about running in 2012, especially since it is an incumbent President that he would be running against.

That would be a clear sign that Kucinich has completely sold out to corporate interests and the Democratic establishment.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 02:38:42 AM »

Howard Dean almost seems to have been positioning himself for this lately...
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 07:31:39 AM »

Howard Dean almost seems to have been positioning himself for this lately...

I don't think so.  In fact, the other day he said he'd vote for Obama (although implied that was about all he'd do for him).

Well its a bit early for a Democratic party establishment figure to be publicly announcing he's going to run against the sitting Democratic president. If Obama's approval ratings go into the toilet over the next 2-3 years, it would not surprise me if Dean decides to run, unless Rahm Emanuel threatens him with bodily harm.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies