Economic moderates, social liberals/libertarians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:39:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Economic moderates, social liberals/libertarians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Economic moderates, social liberals/libertarians  (Read 6971 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2009, 04:26:45 PM »

I would fit into the thread's conditions, but apparently my PM score is faked and I'm a far-leftist.

You're happily welcome, so far as I am concerned.

So long as he is willing, he would be welcomed.

I find it slightly amusing that you now claim that I'd be welcomed in a centrist party after going out of your way to call me a far-leftist and fake centrist in the past. That comment aside, the problem with your proposed structural changes is that not all members perfectly fit in your ideological categories.

I have little in common with Winston or Mint (among others), who would probably be in the same liberal-type party as myself. I'm not the only one in that case. In addition, I don't see why everything in your new Atlasia must be governed by strict ideological classifications.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2009, 04:32:19 PM »

I would fit into the thread's conditions, but apparently my PM score is faked and I'm a far-leftist.

You're happily welcome, so far as I am concerned.

So long as he is willing, he would be welcomed.

I find it slightly amusing that you now claim that I'd be welcomed in a centrist party after going out of your way to call me a far-leftist and fake centrist in the past. That comment aside, the problem with your proposed structural changes is that not all members perfectly fit in your ideological categories.

I have little in common with Winston or Mint (among others), who would probably be in the same liberal-type party as myself. I'm not the only one in that case. In addition, I don't see why everything in your new Atlasia must be governed by strict ideological classifications.

You also have little in common with say, benconstine or Tmthforu94, or Barnes.

This set-up is much more ideologically oriented and less "ok we are friends i will vote for you, vote for me" type of stuff.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2009, 04:48:52 PM »

This set-up is much more ideologically oriented and less "ok we are friends i will vote for you, vote for me" type of stuff.

That kind of behaviour won't magically disappear with your new system.

Also, your response answered none of my other concerns, that is the obvious glaring issue that a lot of people don't fit in perfectly with any of your proposed parties.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »

Also, your response answered none of my other concerns, that is the obvious glaring issue that a lot of people don't fit in perfectly with any of your proposed parties.

Can you give me an example of who would be left out? Mint is not an anarcho-capitalist, he is moderate. Extreme libertarians like Winston, PiT, and SPC will never fit in with mainstream politics. The proposed system covers just about everything, and creates much better coalitions than the current system. Some of us (like me) would probably lose some "power" (whatever that means) but I think it would be worth it to see increased competition and representation.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2009, 04:57:35 PM »

So is this new coalition going to replace the ARC?

No. The ARC will continue until the realignment is forced.

So would there be room for people like me in this new coalition?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »

So is this new coalition going to replace the ARC?

No. The ARC will continue until the realignment is forced.

So would there be room for people like me in this new coalition?

Certainly. You aren't a conservative, a social democrat, or a populist, so there wouldn't really be anywhere else. Atlasia's best right-wing hope is for centrist economics and center-left social views. You can't go further right than that around here.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »

The first focus, of course, would be to restore the old NLC coalition. They has some libertarians, but were mostly moderates. If we can bring back such a coalition, we could compete with the social democrats.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »

Can you give me an example of who would be left out? Mint is not an anarcho-capitalist, he is moderate. Extreme libertarians like Winston, PiT, and SPC will never fit in with mainstream politics. The proposed system covers just about everything, and creates much better coalitions than the current system. Some of us (like me) would probably lose some "power" (whatever that means) but I think it would be worth it to see increased competition and representation.

I can't give names on the spur of the moment, but I really have little enthusiasm in joining a party which includes people with whom I have very little in common, like Winston, Mint, Libertas and so forth. I'm sure other people like Franzl, Afleitch and so forth who have rather moderate views on economics wouldn't be extremely happy to share a party with people who hold very right-wing views on economic matters, for starters.

I support a real moderate coalition, with people who all share common centrist (for example) views on economic and social issues but I don't support a coalition of people who share some common views on certain issues and views miles apart on other issues.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2009, 05:07:39 PM »

I can't give names on the spur of the moment, but I really have little enthusiasm in joining a party which includes people with whom I have very little in common, like Winston, Mint, Libertas

So? I have a lot of enthusiasm, and I have less in common with Winston, Mint and Libertas than you do.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2009, 05:07:47 PM »

I can't give names on the spur of the moment, but I really have little enthusiasm in joining a party which includes people with whom I have very little in common, like Winston, Mint, Libertas and so forth. I'm sure other people like Franzl, Afleitch and so forth who have rather moderate views on economics wouldn't be extremely happy to share a party with people who hold very right-wing views on economic matters, for starters.

I support a real moderate coalition, with people who all share common centrist (for example) views on economic and social issues but I don't support a coalition of people who share some common views on certain issues and views miles apart on other issues.

I agree, though Winston has shown himself to be not entirely radical in the Assembly, and Libertas will probably accomplish things as well. The current DA, I believe, suffers from that type of division, although instead of libertarians, populists. I believe that if the center does indeed unite, we could possibly make a strong run at the Presidency in February. If, after this election, a new party is built upon the old NLC coalition (where I think we both fit quite nicely), I do wish to engage in serious talks like this. Working out details. Uniting those of the center to build a more competitive coalition. I don't think talking can lead to anything harmful, and, to the contrary, I think we can be very successful.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »

I don't claim to speak for Winston, Einzige, Mint, or Libertas, but if a centrist coalition emerged, I would be more than willing to support it as a sort of junior member. Centrist economic policies are better to me than social democratic ones & I'll be more than happy to do what it takes to get the centrist ones on the floor instead.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2009, 06:11:27 PM »

I don't claim to speak for Winston, Einzige, Mint, or Libertas, but if a centrist coalition emerged, I would be more than willing to support it as a junior member. Centrist economic policies are better to me than social democratic ones & I'll be more than happy to do what it takes to get the centrist ones on the floor instead.

Know who supports those "social democratic" policies?

Hashemite.

Franzl.

Afleitch.

North Carolina Yankee.

Tmthforu94.

Stop with your whining bullshit, PiT. It's all lies asking for pity. I'm tired of it.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »

Marokai, please lose the attitude. You don't like the JCP backlash, but it's real.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »

I don't claim to speak for Winston, Einzige, Mint, or Libertas, but if a centrist coalition emerged, I would be more than willing to support it as a junior member. Centrist economic policies are better to me than social democratic ones & I'll be more than happy to do what it takes to get the centrist ones on the floor instead.

Know who supports those "social democratic" policies?

Hashemite.

Franzl.

Afleitch.

North Carolina Yankee.

Tmthforu94.

Stop with your whining bullshit, PiT. It's all lies asking for pity. I'm tired of it.

Of course I know that. I figure that the centrists have policy differences though, or else they would join the JCP. Anyway, I assume you can see what's been happening lately & if you can't then that is just as well. Really, something has to give or else there won't be anything left to offer opposition to the JCP. It is the RPP's own fault for that, & I hope to fix that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2009, 06:18:25 PM »

Marokai, please lose the attitude. You don't like the JCP backlash, but it's real.

Among your little group, it's untrue hysteria constantly seeking pity from the outside. Nothing anyone here says is true, literally it is all untrue. No one explains how the JCP "dominates" politics, no one explains how anything even close to "Social Democratic rule" will ever come to pass. It's all hysterical nonsense from sore losers like PiT and crazy utopianists like Einzige.

If you guys want to oppose us crazy evil villainous social dems, why don't you oppose people who agree with our policies, or even better, actually talk about the policies.

Not only are your political predictions BS, not only is your hysteria not one bit based in fact, but you also don't at all dare talk about the policies that we put into place. It's all politics, and even that's not credible.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2009, 06:22:59 PM »

Considering a far left JCPer with another JCP VP defeated one of the RPP's most electable candidates who had a DA VP, I would have to say that the JCP does have a stranglehold on the Presidency at the moment.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2009, 06:23:19 PM »

Considering a far left JCPer with another JCP VP defeated one of the RPP's most electable candidates who had a DA VP, I would have to say that the JCP does have a stranglehold on the Presidency at the moment.

As well as the Senate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »

By one vote in a disputed election after a court case, you misrepresenting toad.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »

By one vote in a disputed election after a court case, you misrepresenting toad.

That was the best chance a non-JCPer had to win, and he still failed, that's the point.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »

Why does that matter? Vlad still won.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2009, 06:26:58 PM »

Among your little group, it's untrue hysteria constantly seeking pity from the outside. Nothing anyone here says is true, literally it is all untrue. No one explains how the JCP "dominates" politics, no one explains how anything even close to "Social Democratic rule" will ever come to pass. It's all hysterical nonsense from sore losers like PiT and crazy utopianists like Einzige.

If you guys want to oppose us crazy evil villainous social dems, why don't you oppose people who agree with our policies, or even better, actually talk about the policies.

Not only are your political predictions BS, not only is your hysteria not one bit based in fact, but you also don't at all dare talk about the policies that we put into place. It's all politics, and even that's not credible.

If you only knew what I knew about what was happening right now, you would see that the JCP can go nowhere but up, for the next few months at least.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2009, 06:27:19 PM »

The point is that "stranglehold" is a bit of a stretch given that we were fully expecting to lose in June behind the scenes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »

If you only knew what I knew about what was happening right now, you would see that the JCP can go nowhere but up, for the next few months at least.

Well, a right-wing split isn't our fault, for heaven's sake.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »

The point is that "stranglehold" is a bit of a stretch given that we were fully expecting to lose in June behind the scenes.

I'd "expect" to lose nominating someone like Lief, as well. The fact is that one of the most unelectable candidates the JCP could have put up defeated a conglomerate of everyone else who had nominated two of the most well-liked (at the time) people in Atlasia.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »

Well, a right-wing split isn't our fault, for heaven's sake.

Well I know that, but can you really blame me for trying to stop you guys from capitalizing on it? Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies