Getting a little worried... (Attention whoring, but a serious topic)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:55:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Getting a little worried... (Attention whoring, but a serious topic)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Getting a little worried... (Attention whoring, but a serious topic)  (Read 6496 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »

I was still eating fast food, but I was leaving off the fries and the cheese and I was limiting my coke intake. 

uh.

this is kind of amusing.

you cant halfass change something.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2009, 03:11:06 PM »

Some people can, some can't. It depends on what, too.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »

I feel better about today.  All I've done today is have a couple cups full of Texoma Beans with Cornbread and Tea.  I've only had one coke today and will probably stop with just one more today for a total of two.

Now, I won't provide updates EVERY day, so I don't get even more annoying than I already am, but I'll provide periodic updates on my progress as part of my accountability.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2009, 07:14:12 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2009, 07:21:19 PM by Lief »

that still doesn't sound very healthy. you need to eat more fruits and vegetables.

just do what this website tells you: http://www.mypyramid.gov/

also just stop buying cokes from the grocery store. if they're not in your fridge, you can't drink them.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »

Two cokes is two too many for someone in your shape BuskOK. I guess you can't stand diet cokes or something. I would just go cold turkey on them myself.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »

Two cokes is two too many for someone in your shape BuskOK. I guess you can't stand diet cokes or something. I would just go cold turkey on them myself.

Yeah, surely he can find a cup of pisswater instant coffee and just drink that instead.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 10:26:34 PM »

That maybe true, but its definitely better than drinking sometimes 5, 6, even 7 cokes some days.  I'm starting to go in the right direction.  Its going to take some time, but if I just discipline myself and persevere, I'll be alright.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2009, 10:36:44 PM »

this is kind of amusing.

you cant halfass change something.

There's a subculture of pigs out there who order huge trays of fast food and get diet sodas to drink because it's "healthy." Guess what? They don't lose weight.

BushOkie, stop drinking the fucking soda, if you're that out of shape! This isn't rocket science. If you're so messed up that you're literally "shaking" from your massive caffeine infusions, stop drinking caffeinated beverages! Cold turkey. Don't "start" to go in the "right direction"; just stop. You are whoring for attention and I'm tired of it. You don't get sympathy from me. Some others will sit here and sob with you, but I'm trying to help. It's called tough love, man.
Lee Atwater
Rookie

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »

If you're too much of a lazy slob to make a few lifestyle changes to save your life, then enjoy your early grave.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2009, 10:52:55 PM by Torie »

That maybe true, but its definitely better than drinking sometimes 5, 6, even 7 cokes some days.  I'm starting to go in the right direction.  Its going to take some time, but if I just discipline myself and persevere, I'll be alright.

You know, when I made my big move to change my life 14 months ago, it proved surprisingly easy after the first month or so. The rest is history (I assume you have followed my little story on this), and I now live a far better life, as well as well, er, like myself a hell of a lot better. And I didn't do half measures, I did it all, with the key being exercise, a lot of exercise, 3 or 4 times a week. I joined a gym, hired a personal trainer, did what he told me (including diet, although I admit I never had a sweet tooth, and I did keep drinking booze), and kept all of my appointments - religiously as it were. The thing is, is that I was really motivated. Are you BushOK?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2009, 12:19:11 AM »

I'm looking at gym membership costs and then I'll look at my budget and see if i can swing a membership.  I checked one out right across the street from where I live actually that is $25 a month and $35 an hour for a personal trainer.  I'm not sure I can swing the personal trainer, but I might be able to do the gym.  If nothing else and I can't afford the gym, I could always just walk around the block after I get off work each evening or go to the mall and walk.  I've got plenty of options, so a gym membership isn't a do or die investment.  I'm not going to make any decisions on a gym, though, until I get my year-end eval at work which will happen before the end of December and see if I get a raise or cost-of-living increase.  I will exercise, whether or not I get a gym membership.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2009, 09:37:27 AM »

I'm looking at gym membership costs and then I'll look at my budget and see if i can swing a membership.  I checked one out right across the street from where I live actually that is $25 a month and $35 an hour for a personal trainer.  I'm not sure I can swing the personal trainer, but I might be able to do the gym.  If nothing else and I can't afford the gym, I could always just walk around the block after I get off work each evening or go to the mall and walk.  I've got plenty of options, so a gym membership isn't a do or die investment.  I'm not going to make any decisions on a gym, though, until I get my year-end eval at work which will happen before the end of December and see if I get a raise or cost-of-living increase.  I will exercise, whether or not I get a gym membership.

I would skip the personal trainer and find workouts on sites like mensfitness.com instead.  Trainers are generally a waste of money and typically don't really know much more than the layman...at least not enough to justify the price/hour.

If you find that you need accountability to keep you motivated, you can always become workout buddies with someone you meet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »

I would skip the personal trainer and find workouts on sites like mensfitness.com instead.  Trainers are generally a waste of money and typically don't really know much more than the layman...at least not enough to justify the price/hour.

If you find that you need accountability to keep you motivated, you can always become workout buddies with someone you meet.

Good point.  I've got plenty of accountability partners in my area.  I don't know if they would work out with me, but they'd be my support system.

BTW, I know I said I wouldn't give daily updates, but I've got to share this, I did lose 2 more pounds this morning, which is a total of 2 1/2 pounds since Saturday morning.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »

I'm looking at gym membership costs and then I'll look at my budget and see if i can swing a membership.  I checked one out right across the street from where I live actually that is $25 a month and $35 an hour for a personal trainer.  I'm not sure I can swing the personal trainer, but I might be able to do the gym.  If nothing else and I can't afford the gym, I could always just walk around the block after I get off work each evening or go to the mall and walk.  I've got plenty of options, so a gym membership isn't a do or die investment.  I'm not going to make any decisions on a gym, though, until I get my year-end eval at work which will happen before the end of December and see if I get a raise or cost-of-living increase.  I will exercise, whether or not I get a gym membership.

I would skip the personal trainer and find workouts on sites like mensfitness.com instead.  Trainers are generally a waste of money and typically don't really know much more than the layman...at least not enough to justify the price/hour.

Good point.  I've got plenty of accountability partners in my area.  I don't know if they would work out with me, but they'd be my support system.

BTW, I know I said I wouldn't give daily updates, but I've got to share this, I did lose 2 more pounds this morning, which is a total of 2 1/2 pounds since Saturday morning.

Soda=GONE!!!!  Period.  I did it.  Swing a way to get a gym membership.  I swear it saved me from being 300 pounds.  Another issue is gaining what you already have.  Not something you or I want to do.  I just wish I never had to take Prenisolone.  I swear it screwed up my metabolism and I was 235 being a lazy ass before it.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2009, 02:18:36 AM »

If you don't take care of your health, you are at risk for a bunch of degenerative diseases that no one would like to have.  If I was at risk for a disease, I would take every precaution to make sure I don't get it, and it would be wise for you to do this.  You should routinely have a blood test to make sure everything is in check.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2009, 12:41:34 AM »

A quick update:  As of Wednesday morning, I had lost 3.2 pounds.  Although, I just had my Christmas Dinner at work today, so that may have negated some of that, but I'm just trying to hold steady until I can get to the other side of Christmas.  I'll get started in earnest on January 1, although I'm trying now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2009, 03:06:41 AM »

It's a pain to lose weight during the holiday season. I plan on gaining some, but I'll work it off after new years.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2009, 03:58:13 PM »

I hadn't weighed myself since August and somehow I lost 20 pounds during my first semester at college. Weird.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies