Democrat propaganda is working
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:50:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Democrat propaganda is working
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democrat propaganda is working  (Read 7153 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2004, 09:35:57 PM »

I had Chemistry today, just got back. My lab partner noticed my Kerry/Edwards button on my backpack. He said "so you're voting Kerry too huh?"

I replied yes of course and he said "yeah, I am, I just registered, I normally don't care about voting but I heard rumors about Bush wanting to reinstate the draft, so I'm not taking any chances."

I smiled.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 09:37:55 PM »

Goebbels would be proud.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 09:38:11 PM »

Both sides pick up votes by lying. The GOP, a few. The Dems, most.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 09:38:39 PM »

I had Chemistry today, just got back. My lab partner noticed my Kerry/Edwards button on my backpack. He said "so you're voting Kerry too huh?"

I replied yes of course and he said "yeah, I am, I just registered, I normally don't care about voting but I heard rumors about Bush wanting to reinstate the draft, so I'm not taking any chances."

I smiled.

The moral of the story?  WHen stupid people vote democrats win.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 09:40:43 PM »

If we win, we should actually do all this stuff they say we're going to
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 09:41:37 PM »

you want to be drafted Philip?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 09:42:37 PM »

My eye sight sucks too much to be drafted
shankbear

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 10:09:41 PM »

GIGO.  Same crap, different smell.  You Demwits think that the more you tell the lie, the more it becomes the truth.  Keep it up...it sounds so pitiful.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 10:13:01 PM »

Doesn't always work. Ask Tom Daschle come the morning of November 3rd.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 10:26:50 PM »

I am quite well aware that John Kerry would be more likely to start a draft than GWB, because there are certain amounts of the military that won't work under him.

Unless he doesn't want a military, of course.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 11:45:39 PM »

GIGO.  Same crap, different smell.  You Demwits think that the more you tell the lie, the more it becomes the truth.  Keep it up...it sounds so pitiful.

Shankbear, keep up the good work with the generalizations. After all, being from Texas, you must be a gun-toting hick with no brain much like I am a fool for being a Democrat. Please.

This is dumb. There are 1,000 better reasons to dump Bush than this. And for the record, my eyesight sucks, too.
danwxman

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 11:47:13 PM »

Last I checked, most college educated voters were polling towards Kerry
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 12:02:43 AM »

Shankbear, keep up the good work with the generalizations. After all, being from Texas, you must be a gun-toting hick with no brain much like I am a fool for being a Democrat. Please.

I wouldn't even bother.  I don't use the word lightly, but I can confidently say that shankbear is a troll; approximately 90% of his posts are nothing but inflammatory posts talking about either the evil "LIBS" or how horrible "sKerry" is, and at least a third to half of them are only one line long.  I checked, just to make sure I wasn't overestimating things.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 12:15:27 AM »

Last I checked, most college educated voters were polling towards Kerry

And most are educated beyond their intelligence.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 02:16:58 AM »

Lets see how this works. You're in the army, serving the people of your nation. Those people elect Kerry. You leave the army.

Que?
raggage

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 05:00:38 AM »

Why would you even think of making that comparison?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 05:08:12 AM »

There won't be a draft. The bill by Hagel was defeated 402-2 in the the House. That'll happen to any other bill on a draft that comes up.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 07:15:48 AM »

Lets see how this works. You're in the army, serving the people of your nation. Those people elect Kerry. You leave the army.

Que?

Happened after GHWB lost his re-election bid.  A stop loss had to be put in place since so many people that were close to retiring wanted out early just so Clinton's name wouldn't appear on their discharge paperwork.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2004, 08:29:45 AM »

Just be glad there are uneducated and easily indoctrinated kids. Which is what's next - he'll be assimilated easily by the professors and leftist academics who attempt to do so.

Having been there, it's amazing to watch this process work. I always applauded the ones who resisted it.

Is this the University of Minnesota? The hotbed of a field of inquiry which employs Marxism, feminism, new historicism, revisionist history, etc., all under the umbrella of "critical theory." If so, he doesn't have a chance.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2004, 08:33:13 AM »

hehehe . . . possibly.

It just saddens me that the new generation voters haven't learned from our past, and bothered to do the research into the issues in this election, like the draft.  It was the Democrats who drafted the new draft resolution and brought it up for a vote, and then voted against it, and then accused the President of trying to reinstate the draft.  I think just hearing Kerry mention that word would push people away from him since it is such an obvious ploy.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2004, 08:45:21 AM »

hehehe . . . possibly.

It just saddens me that the new generation voters haven't learned from our past, and bothered to do the research into the issues in this election, like the draft.  It was the Democrats who drafted the new draft resolution and brought it up for a vote, and then voted against it, and then accused the President of trying to reinstate the draft.  I think just hearing Kerry mention that word would push people away from him since it is such an obvious ploy.

I agree. They're impressionable at an early college age too, so it's too bad. Rangel started talking about a draft as early as late 2002, if I recall. All a person had to have been doing was paying attention.

I think, though, higher ed is changing a bit in that it's becoming more business and task oriented and less about the arts - it's unfortunate to lose that or any facets of education, but if Marx and so forth go with it it's not all bad.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2004, 10:45:07 AM »

Why would you even think of making that comparison?

Goebbels created the big lie theory of propaganda.  Tell a lie, make it huge.  Then keep telling it over and over despite all evidence to the contrary.  People will start believing the lie because it does not go away. 

It works because, as Hitler put it, "How fortunate for those in power that people do not think."
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2004, 10:51:30 AM »

My eye sight sucks too much to be drafted

Did you get beat-up on the playground, Philip?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 10:55:12 AM »

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.

You're full of sh**t and you know it.

Did electing Clinton result in an exodus from the military?

If replacing a WWII vet who had successfully commanded the Gulf War with Clinton wasn't a problem, replacing an incompetent draft dodger with a war hero with significant Senate experience isn't going to be a problem.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 11:13:52 AM »

I smiled.

Ironic, ain't it?  Democrats gaining advantage from false draft paranoia, that is.

After all, it was U.S. congressman Chuck Rangel (democrat) who called for congress to reinstate the draft.  And when he did so, it was not only the republicans in congress, but also their minions on FOX, CNN, and other news outlets that were so dead set against it.  Rangel called it "shared sacrifice" and pushed it hard.  Luckily it was voted down, by over 400 congressman.  Over 400!  Does your buddy seriously think a draft is likely?  Would you prefer to let him?

Why should anyone think for himself anyway?  What advantage could there possibly be in that, when to do so would only force one into the awkward situation of the unprejudiced little boy in the tale of the emperor's new clothes? 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies