Democrat propaganda is working
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:18:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Democrat propaganda is working
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Democrat propaganda is working  (Read 7216 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2004, 11:32:14 AM »
« edited: October 20, 2004, 11:34:22 AM by BRTD »

Is this the University of Minnesota? The hotbed of a field of inquiry which employs Marxism, feminism, new historicism, revisionist history, etc., all under the umbrella of "critical theory." If so, he doesn't have a chance.

Minnesota State University, but almost as liberal. Your description fits here too. Plus my campus is involved in a "non-partisan" effort encouraging kids to vote by handing out "voter guides" which are put out by a pro-Communist organization, had a bunch of free showings of Fahrenheit 9/11, and lets the Kessel Peace Institute give weekly talks near the center of campus about how the war in Iraq is a corporate funded imperialism venture to benefit the military-industrial complex.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2004, 11:49:33 AM »

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.

You're full of sh**t and you know it.

Did electing Clinton result in an exodus from the military?

All you have to do is scroll up to see my post regarding this.  In fact, yes, there was an exodus of the military requiring selected stop losses to be put in place in key positions.

Happened after GHWB lost his re-election bid.  A stop loss had to be put in place since so many people that were close to retiring wanted out early just so Clinton's name wouldn't appear on their discharge paperwork.
CollectiveInterest

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 12:18:23 PM »

http://personal.sdf.bellsouth.net/b/o/bondibox/Tim_Ryan_Redux.mp3
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2004, 02:09:56 PM »

hehehe . . . possibly.

It just saddens me that the new generation voters haven't learned from our past, and bothered to do the research into the issues in this election, like the draft.  It was the Democrats who drafted the new draft resolution and brought it up for a vote, and then voted against it, and then accused the President of trying to reinstate the draft.  I think just hearing Kerry mention that word would push people away from him since it is such an obvious ploy.

It cuts both ways. How many Bush voters sincerely believe that Kerry will ban all guns if elected? Or that he supports tax increases for everyone? Or that he supports nationalizing the health care industry and banning all private hospitals? Or any other such. Both sides benefit from this and encourage it when it helps them, if only tacitly.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2004, 02:18:08 PM »

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.

You're full of <expletive indicating CollectiveInterest's lack of decorum deleated> and you know it.

Powell, and a few others did.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2004, 02:24:01 PM »

Once again a Bush supporter is wrong on the facts. Powell completed his tour as chairman of the JCS and retired like all past chairmen.

The choice:

Join the Bushies and vote for more faith-based policy.
Or vote for reality-based policy and vote for change.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2004, 02:34:25 PM »

You're full of <expletive indicating CollectiveInterest's lack of decorum deleated> and you know it.

Well, we weren't at war then, were we?  This situation is a tad different now.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2004, 05:37:06 PM »

There won't be a draft. The bill by Hagel was defeated 402-2 in the the House. That'll happen to any other bill on a draft that comes up.
Rangel not Hagel

Pretty bad when the dems have to spread a totally false rumor. 
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2004, 07:38:03 PM »

If a draft is completely out of the question, why hasn't Bush cut the Selective Service registration system? Save millions that is spend in Democratic Maryland.

Has Bush's foreign policy made a draft more likely?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2004, 07:39:54 PM »

Once again a Bush supporter is wrong on the facts. Powell completed his tour as chairman of the JCS and retired like all past chairmen.

The choice:

Join the Bushies and vote for more faith-based policy.
Or vote for reality-based policy and vote for change.

He didn't stay, and he could have.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2004, 07:45:49 PM »

If a draft is completely out of the question, why hasn't Bush cut the Selective Service registration system? Save millions that is spend in Democratic Maryland.

Has Bush's foreign policy made a draft more likely?

I guess it was the same reason Jimmy Carter started the system.  To provide a pool and that is why it has been maintained by Carter, Reagan, GHW Bush, and Clinton.  Are you suggesting that Jimmy Carter favored the draft, and all have favored a draft?  Or is it just defective interest?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2004, 12:40:11 AM »

CI is a troll.

Anyone that claims W supports the draft because he hasn't gotten rid of the Selective Service simply is not a credible person. They are a liar misrepresenting themselves, in all likelihood, to be so ignorant of reality.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2004, 02:35:35 AM »

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.  If anyone is going to start a draft it will be Kerry.  Why hasnt the media ran stories on all the military personnel who hate Kerry?  They only say stuff like the vast majority are Bush supporters.

Because nobody really cares just how much you and your kind hate Kerry.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2004, 07:26:22 AM »

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.  If anyone is going to start a draft it will be Kerry.  Why hasnt the media ran stories on all the military personnel who hate Kerry?  They only say stuff like the vast majority are Bush supporters.

Because nobody really cares just how much you and your kind hate Kerry.

I wish he would answer my question.  Does he thind that all presidents since Carter favored restarting the draft.
shankbear

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2004, 08:23:10 AM »

troll of the day.....Kerry is a feckless crapweasel
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2004, 03:06:10 PM »

CI is a troll.

Anyone that claims W supports the draft because he hasn't gotten rid of the Selective Service simply is not a credible person. They are a liar misrepresenting themselves, in all likelihood, to be so ignorant of reality.

nah, he just wants to pick a fight.  I like to read his posts, generally.  Spunky.  And unorthodox.  But of course he's misinterpreting the draft rumors, as in, taking them too seriously.  As are many folks.  But then that was the whole point of the propaganda.   Propaganda need not be true, just effective, right?  As Ed Rollins, Republican spinmeister extraordinaire, said, "The object is simply to win."  Republicans play that game pretty well to, just like the Dems do.  Best not to get one's panties all knotted up over these things.   Anyway, it's hard to call a Navy man a coward.  I'd say the same thing about John Kerry.  Questioning US foreign policy is not unpatriotic.  CI is dead wrong, and doesn't take the terrorism threat seriously perhaps, and maybe even enjoys playing you just a bit more than is proper, but he's not a troll.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2004, 10:31:29 PM »

Collective is da man.  He has consistently had the best predictions in Atlasia.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2004, 11:50:04 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, I went to the U of M for a short time.  Everybody I knew who went there dropped out.  The teachers have a my-way-or-the-highway mentality about teaching and yes, every one is a leftist.  Especially those that teach politics, but even Wellstone was far too left for some students which gave me some hope.  Still, it was a horrible college and I was glad to leave.

A few of my friends ended up going to MSU-Mankato, which is not as left but through my talks with them over the years, the ones that vote vote Libertarian.  MSU-Mankato is the cheapest college in the state, heavily subsidized, but still when government tightened the belt on the fatcats in the MnSCU system and the University of Minnesota; that did not prevent those colleges passing the buck onto the student.   Then the fatcats could keep their coushy, worthless positions, and students would get screwed. 

Everything I have experienced with these colleges has just made me more libertarian.  Private institutions are the only safeguard because it puts the choices back in the hands of students and parents.   Think, when a college or school pays it's worthless board members too much and the cost is passed onto the student, you can choose one that doesn't do that.  Sure you can choose a different college now but you sacrifice quality.  Competition encourages more efficency, which gives you better quality for less.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies