Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 04:37:31 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
| | |-+  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
| | | |-+  Democrat propaganda is working
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Democrat propaganda is working  (Read 4433 times)
Passing Through a Screen Door
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2004, 11:32:14 am »
Ignore

Is this the University of Minnesota? The hotbed of a field of inquiry which employs Marxism, feminism, new historicism, revisionist history, etc., all under the umbrella of "critical theory." If so, he doesn't have a chance.

Minnesota State University, but almost as liberal. Your description fits here too. Plus my campus is involved in a "non-partisan" effort encouraging kids to vote by handing out "voter guides" which are put out by a pro-Communist organization, had a bunch of free showings of Fahrenheit 9/11, and lets the Kessel Peace Institute give weekly talks near the center of campus about how the war in Iraq is a corporate funded imperialism venture to benefit the military-industrial complex.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 11:34:22 am by BRTD »Logged

Victory over Inks dedicated in memory.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2004, 11:49:33 am »
Ignore

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.

You're full of sh**t and you know it.

Did electing Clinton result in an exodus from the military?

All you have to do is scroll up to see my post regarding this.  In fact, yes, there was an exodus of the military requiring selected stop losses to be put in place in key positions.

Happened after GHWB lost his re-election bid.  A stop loss had to be put in place since so many people that were close to retiring wanted out early just so Clinton's name wouldn't appear on their discharge paperwork.

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
CollectiveInterest
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 12:18:23 pm »
Ignore

http://personal.sdf.bellsouth.net/b/o/bondibox/Tim_Ryan_Redux.mp3

Visit http://collectiveinterest.net for interviews with Illinois US Senate candidates.
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2004, 02:09:56 pm »
Ignore

hehehe . . . possibly.

It just saddens me that the new generation voters haven't learned from our past, and bothered to do the research into the issues in this election, like the draft.  It was the Democrats who drafted the new draft resolution and brought it up for a vote, and then voted against it, and then accused the President of trying to reinstate the draft.  I think just hearing Kerry mention that word would push people away from him since it is such an obvious ploy.

It cuts both ways. How many Bush voters sincerely believe that Kerry will ban all guns if elected? Or that he supports tax increases for everyone? Or that he supports nationalizing the health care industry and banning all private hospitals? Or any other such. Both sides benefit from this and encourage it when it helps them, if only tacitly.
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2004, 02:18:08 pm »
Ignore

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.

You're full of <expletive indicating CollectiveInterest's lack of decorum deleated> and you know it.

Powell, and a few others did.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
CollectiveInterest
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2004, 02:24:01 pm »
Ignore

Once again a Bush supporter is wrong on the facts. Powell completed his tour as chairman of the JCS and retired like all past chairmen.

The choice:

Join the Bushies and vote for more faith-based policy.
Or vote for reality-based policy and vote for change.

Visit http://collectiveinterest.net for interviews with Illinois US Senate candidates.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2004, 02:34:25 pm »
Ignore

You're full of <expletive indicating CollectiveInterest's lack of decorum deleated> and you know it.

Well, we weren't at war then, were we?  This situation is a tad different now.

Shut you hole... Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.
Jake
dubya2004
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2004, 05:37:06 pm »
Ignore

There won't be a draft. The bill by Hagel was defeated 402-2 in the the House. That'll happen to any other bill on a draft that comes up.
Rangel not Hagel

Pretty bad when the dems have to spread a totally false rumor. 
CollectiveInterest
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2004, 07:38:03 pm »
Ignore

If a draft is completely out of the question, why hasn't Bush cut the Selective Service registration system? Save millions that is spend in Democratic Maryland.

Has Bush's foreign policy made a draft more likely?

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2004, 07:39:54 pm »
Ignore

Once again a Bush supporter is wrong on the facts. Powell completed his tour as chairman of the JCS and retired like all past chairmen.

The choice:

Join the Bushies and vote for more faith-based policy.
Or vote for reality-based policy and vote for change.

He didn't stay, and he could have.

J. J.

- Londo Molari

"Wa sala, wa lala."

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2004, 07:45:49 pm »
Ignore

If a draft is completely out of the question, why hasn't Bush cut the Selective Service registration system? Save millions that is spend in Democratic Maryland.

Has Bush's foreign policy made a draft more likely?

I guess it was the same reason Jimmy Carter started the system.  To provide a pool and that is why it has been maintained by Carter, Reagan, GHW Bush, and Clinton.  Are you suggesting that Jimmy Carter favored the draft, and all have favored a draft?  Or is it just defective interest?

J. J.

- Londo Molari

"Wa sala, wa lala."

AuH2O
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2004, 12:40:11 am »
Ignore

CI is a troll.

Anyone that claims W supports the draft because he hasn't gotten rid of the Selective Service simply is not a credible person. They are a liar misrepresenting themselves, in all likelihood, to be so ignorant of reality.

don't forget to remember, the devil's got pills in his eyes

look, laugh, but don't touch... cut you down to size
freedomburns
FreedomBurns
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2004, 02:35:35 am »
Ignore

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.  If anyone is going to start a draft it will be Kerry.  Why hasnt the media ran stories on all the military personnel who hate Kerry?  They only say stuff like the vast majority are Bush supporters.

Because nobody really cares just how much you and your kind hate Kerry.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2004, 07:26:22 am »
Ignore

I have heard that many in the military will refuse to have Kerry as their commander in chief.  If anyone is going to start a draft it will be Kerry.  Why hasnt the media ran stories on all the military personnel who hate Kerry?  They only say stuff like the vast majority are Bush supporters.

Because nobody really cares just how much you and your kind hate Kerry.

I wish he would answer my question.  Does he thind that all presidents since Carter favored restarting the draft.

J. J.

- Londo Molari

"Wa sala, wa lala."

shankbear

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2004, 08:23:10 am »
Ignore

troll of the day.....Kerry is a feckless crapweasel

Remember, we never lost a battle on the field in Vietnam, we lost the will to win the war.  Never repeat it!!!
angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.87, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2004, 03:06:10 pm »
Ignore

CI is a troll.

Anyone that claims W supports the draft because he hasn't gotten rid of the Selective Service simply is not a credible person. They are a liar misrepresenting themselves, in all likelihood, to be so ignorant of reality.

nah, he just wants to pick a fight.  I like to read his posts, generally.  Spunky.  And unorthodox.  But of course he's misinterpreting the draft rumors, as in, taking them too seriously.  As are many folks.  But then that was the whole point of the propaganda.   Propaganda need not be true, just effective, right?  As Ed Rollins, Republican spinmeister extraordinaire, said, "The object is simply to win."  Republicans play that game pretty well to, just like the Dems do.  Best not to get one's panties all knotted up over these things.   Anyway, it's hard to call a Navy man a coward.  I'd say the same thing about John Kerry.  Questioning US foreign policy is not unpatriotic.  CI is dead wrong, and doesn't take the terrorism threat seriously perhaps, and maybe even enjoys playing you just a bit more than is proper, but he's not a troll.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2004, 10:31:29 pm »
Ignore

Collective is da man.  He has consistently had the best predictions in Atlasia.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey

Dabeav
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2004, 11:50:04 am »
Ignore

Just be glad there are uneducated and easily indoctrinated kids. Which is what's next - he'll be assimilated easily by the professors and leftist academics who attempt to do so.

Having been there, it's amazing to watch this process work. I always applauded the ones who resisted it.

Is this the University of Minnesota? The hotbed of a field of inquiry which employs Marxism, feminism, new historicism, revisionist history, etc., all under the umbrella of "critical theory." If so, he doesn't have a chance.

Yes, I went to the U of M for a short time.  Everybody I knew who went there dropped out.  The teachers have a my-way-or-the-highway mentality about teaching and yes, every one is a leftist.  Especially those that teach politics, but even Wellstone was far too left for some students which gave me some hope.  Still, it was a horrible college and I was glad to leave.

A few of my friends ended up going to MSU-Mankato, which is not as left but through my talks with them over the years, the ones that vote vote Libertarian.  MSU-Mankato is the cheapest college in the state, heavily subsidized, but still when government tightened the belt on the fatcats in the MnSCU system and the University of Minnesota; that did not prevent those colleges passing the buck onto the student.   Then the fatcats could keep their coushy, worthless positions, and students would get screwed. 

Everything I have experienced with these colleges has just made me more libertarian.  Private institutions are the only safeguard because it puts the choices back in the hands of students and parents.   Think, when a college or school pays it's worthless board members too much and the cost is passed onto the student, you can choose one that doesn't do that.  Sure you can choose a different college now but you sacrifice quality.  Competition encourages more efficency, which gives you better quality for less.

"The sad thing is, our foreign policy WILL change eventually, as Rome's did, when all budgetary and monetary tricks to fund it are exhausted." - Ron Paul
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout