Death of the Religious Right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:40:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Death of the Religious Right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death of the Religious Right?  (Read 8898 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 15, 2009, 08:19:29 AM »

Actually, it is unfortunately correct that the ultimate goal of the RR would be theocratic rule, which would make anyone who does not follow the Bible an infedel. This would almost certainly result in some executions.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »

Actually, it is unfortunately correct that the ultimate goal of the RR would be theocratic rule, which would make anyone who does not follow the Bible an infedel. This would almost certainly result in some executions.

Uh-huh.

Anyhow, saying that the Religious Right will no longer be part of the Republican party is about as realistic as saying that minorities will no longer be part of the Democratic party.

Do you know anything about the masses that make up the movement? My family is full of them.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »

Thankfully, the Religious Right will never go away.  It may seem like they are losing right now, but ultimately their cause will win the war.

Thankfully, the growing number of non-religious Americans are going to finally save this country from the clutches of theocracy.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »

Thankfully, the Religious Right will never go away.  It may seem like they are losing right now, but ultimately their cause will win the war.

Thankfully, the growing number of non-religious Americans are going to finally save this country from the clutches of theocracy.

The clutches of theocracy?  America has never been anything close to a theocracy.

I shouldn't have worded my post that way, it came off as meaning something else. Right now there is a very large portion of the electorate that supports theocracy, or at least their meaning of it.

Taking the law straight from the Bible, or having Biblical values dictate the law, is the very backbone of the religious right. Once decisions start being made with 'god's word' being counseled, we are in a form of theocracy.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 09:55:53 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2009, 10:01:07 AM by ShadowOfTheWave »

Thankfully, the Religious Right will never go away.  It may seem like they are losing right now, but ultimately their cause will win the war.

The clutches of theocracy?  America has never been anything close to a theocracy.

I shouldn't have worded my post that way, it came off as meaning something else. Right now there is a very large portion of the electorate that supports theocracy, or at least their meaning of it.

Taking the law straight from the Bible, or having Biblical values dictate the law, is the very backbone of the religious right. Once decisions start being made with 'god's word' being counseled, we are in a form of theocracy.

Basing laws off of moral/religious standards and values is not theocracy.

Yes, yes it is. If the laws and standards are taken from the Bible, which is 'god's word', we are essentially being run by the Christian god.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 10:11:02 AM »

We are losing our religious rights. I started to pray at my school and I got sent to the office.

You are obviously being sarcastic, considering that it is your civil liberty to pray in school. Do not attempt to spew the ridiculous lies the churches have spread about the ACLU.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 11:07:13 AM »

The clutches of theocracy?  America has never been anything close to a theocracy.

Basing laws off of moral/religious standards and values is not theocracy.

Yes, yes it is. If the laws and standards are taken from the Bible, which is 'god's word', we are essentially being run by the Christian god.

You're lacking a basic understanding of the definition of the word "Theocracy".

Would the end result be any different?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies