Death of the Religious Right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:26:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Death of the Religious Right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death of the Religious Right?  (Read 8896 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: December 15, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »

If only.....
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »

Thankfully, the Religious Right will never go away.  It may seem like they are losing right now, but ultimately their cause will win the war.
You consider yourself to be part of the 'Religious Right'?

No, but I used to be one and I still have a great many friends on that side and I agree with most of their theology, I just don't like the way they try to shove it down people's throats.  The ideology will never die, but the way they go about it is wrong and unbiblical.  A prime example of someone who I am great friends with and agree with her theology, but disagree of how she's trying to get it across is Rep. Sally Kern.  I know her really well and her eldest son used to be my music minister back in the middle 1990s.  I went with her church to church camp during the summer of 1996.  Her husband is the pastor of that church.  I am really good friends with her and we agree on a lot of points, but not on delivery of those points.

You agree with Sally Kern?
Yuck mate.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 12:54:14 AM »

Thankfully, the Religious Right will never go away.  It may seem like they are losing right now, but ultimately their cause will win the war.
You consider yourself to be part of the 'Religious Right'?

No, but I used to be one and I still have a great many friends on that side and I agree with most of their theology, I just don't like the way they try to shove it down people's throats.  The ideology will never die, but the way they go about it is wrong and unbiblical.  A prime example of someone who I am great friends with and agree with her theology, but disagree of how she's trying to get it across is Rep. Sally Kern.  I know her really well and her eldest son used to be my music minister back in the middle 1990s.  I went with her church to church camp during the summer of 1996.  Her husband is the pastor of that church.  I am really good friends with her and we agree on a lot of points, but not on delivery of those points.

You agree with Sally Kern?
Yuck mate.

On some things, certainly not all things.

Well thank god..............
I have no problems that you actually know her (on the contrary I think it's hilarious), just kind of freaked out about you agreeing with her.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 01:21:54 PM »

To subject the people of the United States to the rules of an invisible God?
Not if I have anything to say about it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do most people in Oklahoma believe that?

Sadly yes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies