The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:29:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Author Topic: The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA  (Read 41479 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »
« edited: January 27, 2012, 05:22:35 PM by Teddy (IDS Legislator) »

TPTTAA can be found here https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=106763.0
A-SPAN can be found here https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147870.0
My Office can be found here https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120384.0

BREAKING NEWS - NEW NEWSPAPER STARTS PRINTING IN ATLASIA TO FOCUS ON THE LIGHTER SIDE OF THE NEWS
ALSO WARNING - MOST OF OUR COMICS ARE OFFENSIVE / INAPPROPRIATE, AND/OR OTHERWISE REALLY FUNNY.

Owned by The Post Tribune Telegraph Mercury Herald Citizen Record Chronicle Courier Ledger of AAtlasia Corporation Corp Inc. TM (R) Company.

Code:
[glow=cyan,2,300]TPTTAA:[/glow]

[glow=yellow,2,300]INTERVIEWEE:[/glow]

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 06:52:28 PM »

Pictured: SoFA

SoFA VANISHES

To be temporarly replaced by CoUCH

Emperor Teddy I (His Awesomeness) will do the list on Thursday etc and so forth.

-30-
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 01:37:08 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2009, 01:51:12 AM by Teddy »

DAILY COMIC

http://www.explosm.net/comics/493/

(WARNING - may be graphic and/or offensive to some. Thats how you know its good!)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 08:22:27 AM »

Just to know, what is AAtlasia ? Grin
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »

IT IS THE NAME OF OUR NEWSPPAPER
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »

You're able to edit the title of your threads, FYI.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:40:02 AM »

I am.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 08:30:57 PM »

Stay tuned to this newspaper for our upcoming special on...
ZOMBIES

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 12:50:31 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2009, 12:56:25 AM by Teddy »

OFFICIAL ZOMBIE LIST

We here at TPTToAA have decided that the definition of "Zombie" is someone who has not posted, in Atlasia, 5 times between the two most recent general elections, not counting votes, or posts shorter than 25 words.

Put another way, you need to post, not vote, more than 5 times, and those posts must be meaningful, not "LOL" and the like.

Note, we consider the "election" to have begun on December 1st - the 10 day registration limit. Note that I do not count those who registered after the last election, that would not be fair.

**NOTE** I found that many people also voted in the middle of November for something. If I find 0 posts between then and the last election, I am also qualifying them as "Zombies" and putting them on the list.

Below we've listed the following.
Name of the Zombie - Person he voted for in the most recent election

Mart - Badger (JCP)
Sensei - Badger (JCP)
Smash255 - Badger (JCP)
CultureKing - Badger (JCP)
Rob - Badger (JCP)
Cosmo Kramer - Badger (JCP)
Ogre Mage - Badger (JCP)
KyleGordon2016 - Badger (JCP)

FallenMorgan - Mint (ARC)
Lahbas - Mint (ARC)
rebel_libertarian - Mint (ARC)
phknrocket1k - Mint (ARC)
ajc0918 - Mint (ARC)
Elvis Republican - Mint (ARC)
azmagic - Mint (ARC)
Earth - Mint (ARC)

liberalrepublican - Duke (RPP)
Torie - Duke (RPP)
dead0man - Duke (RPP)
A-Bob - Vepres - #2=Duke (RPP)
Ronnie - Duke (RPP)
MagneticFree - self - Vepres - #2=Duke (RPP)

BRTD - Fritz (JCP)
xavier110 - Fritz (JCP)
Boris - Fritz (JCP)
Eraserhead - Fritz (JCP)

Deldm - Afleitch (DA)
Frodo - afleitch (DA)
Gustaf - afleitch (DA)

titaniumtux - Prodigy - #2 Sewer (LNF)
jfern - Sewer (LNF)

Daniel Adams - DWTL (RPP)

Senator Conor Flynn - Jas (LNF)

Many of the above had NO posts in Atlasia between votes, and yet some of these people somehow knew about candidates requesting write-ins.

Dallasfan65, despite being accused by others, is NOT a zombie, he is new, and yet has contributed to the game in a productive manner, if limited; something that separates him from those listed above.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 12:53:49 AM »

According to our list, a full ONE THIRD of all voters are zombies!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 12:55:05 AM »

Unfortunately I take issue with a great deal of your list.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 12:57:04 AM »

Many of the above had NO posts in Atlasia between votes, and yet some of these people somehow knew about candidates requesting write-ins.

You mean people campaign? The outrage! Cheesy
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 12:57:24 AM »

The facts are the facts. These people contribute nothing yet have the same vote as you and I.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 12:58:34 AM »

You hurl false charges at others, and now 'take issue' when your own party's hypocrisy is exposed?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 12:59:25 AM »

Part of the problem (and as you can see ALL parties have zombies) is that people are only accused of being zombies if they vote against you. If they vote for you, they are just part of a successful campaign.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 12:59:29 AM »

I still don't understand how "zombie" voters are at all unrealistic for an election simulation...
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 01:02:04 AM »

I still don't understand how "zombie" voters are at all unrealistic for an election simulation...

I think you're confusing me with other people. Tongue
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 01:02:45 AM »

How is that? I was responding to the post I quoted, which was yours...
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »

Look, you certainly seem like a nice guy Teddy but posting such lists will only worsen the problem.

Anyway, I knew enough about Atlasia to cast my ballot for Jas this December, not to mention Xahar wanted people to vote the man, whom, in my opinion is one of Atlasia's finest public officials, and not only the old guard but those who were around during the Wixted era will certainly agree.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 01:08:28 AM »

Well then I'm not sure how your post was relevant to what I said. I agree with your reply and that has been my opinion for a long time.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 01:11:30 AM »

I take issue with your definition of a zombie, as I've made clear before. BRTD, Eraserhead, Torie, Connor, and others you listed, even if they don't post in the Atlasia forum a lot, they still contribute plenty to the forum as a whole. Their sole existence, on the Dave Leip's Atlas Forum, is not to vote for whoever Hamilton/whoever else tells them to, so they are not zombies.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 01:13:24 AM »

I take issue with your definition of a zombie, as I've made clear before. BRTD, Eraserhead, Torie, Connor, and others you listed, even if they don't post in the Atlasia forum a lot, they still contribute plenty to the forum as a whole. Their sole existence, on the Dave Leip's Atlas Forum, is not to vote for whoever Hamilton/whoever else tells them to, so they are not zombies.

The list is more meant to generate discussion than it is to be definitive. I also respectfully disagree with the highlighted portion. Those in Atlasia should contribute to Atlasia.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 01:13:56 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2009, 01:17:21 AM by ZombieLibertas »

Well then I'm not sure how your post was relevant to what I said. I agree with your reply and that has been my opinion for a long time.

Uh, I was concurring with your post about campaigning, and then following that up with the statement that I do not understand how other people don't think like you and I do...
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 01:16:09 AM »

Look, you certainly seem like a nice guy Teddy but posting such lists will only worsen the problem.

Anyway, I knew enough about Atlasia to cast my ballot for Jas this December, not to mention Xahar wanted people to vote the man, whom, in my opinion is one of Atlasia's finest public officials, and not only the old guard but those who were around during the Wixted era will certainly agree.
I had to set limits, and many old timers ended up on the list. Earl was 1 most away, and Gustaf made it despite being very active in the past.

Nothing personal about any of this. When you make a list, you need a cut off point, and people near it always end up on one side or the other, and it may not be "fair".

I'll post a funny comic later to cheer everyone up Cheesy
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 01:17:30 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2009, 01:19:23 AM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

The facts are the facts. These people contribute nothing yet have the same vote as you and I.

Okay I didn't really want to do this because there's the possibility something concerning zombies could come before the court because of HAEV and all that nonsense, but taking a liberal interpretation of that basically means I can't comment on anything, so let me just explain why I think alot of this list is ridiculous.

In our statute, we deal with activity requirements for voting in elections with this language:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now, it's actually 25 now because of a bill from Hashemite that I supported, but stay with me. When it says "who have posted at least 15 times" it is referring to the Atlas forum at-large. These are the sort of activity requirements that we deal with. The same is upheld in various office-holding rules (I believe it's like 200 or something to be a Senator now?) for post counts, the posts in the at-large forum.

Here are the three criteria for how I judge (personally, not officially) a "zombie" with some exceptions.

Someone who doesn't post on the forum at-large or exclusively posts in Atlasia (or it seems like they were recruited for the sole purpose of participating in Atlasia).

Someone who is not an established member of Atlasia (meaning, someone you can point out in a crowd of Atlas members).

Someone who doesn't post intelligently, causes trouble, etc.

People like BRTD, Smash, phknrocket1k, Boris, CultureKing, Eraser, Gustaf, Torie (Seriously? Torie is a zombie to you?), Ronnie, Dead0man, etc, do not qualify in my humble opinion. They have a long history in Atlasia, the Atlas forum in general for the most part, are well established members, post often on the Atlas forum at large, and many of the people on your list are former office-holders for heaven's sake.

Not longer than earlier this year, CultureKing was my Governor! Torie was once my Senator for two terms! Obviously these are not exemptions on their own, but they are, in combination with other factors, evidence that they are not zombies. They don't not post (grammar attack) on the forum at large, they don't cause trouble or get in trouble alot, they weren't recruited to Atlas simply for the purpose of participating in this silly little game, they have a long history and have established themselves on this site.

People like azmagic, dallasfan, Elvis Republican, etc, well, they're kind of stupid honestly, to be a little harsh about it. They post on the forum at large to maintain the bare minimum, they have extremely low total post counts, almost no one knows who the hell they are, they seem like the type of person who was recruited simply to be used in Atlasia, the list goes on. Those are classic zombie qualifiers.

We could get into arguments too over more complicated shades. People who cause trouble and obsessively participate in Atlasia. But that's an argument for another day. For now, this is about the inactive type of zombie/tool. If anyone wanted my philosophy on zombies, I supposed that's as detailed as I can think to be on the topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies