The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:31:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Author Topic: The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA  (Read 41463 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »

I suppose we use a definition that asks for some minimum posts in Atlasia and some somewhat higher minimum for posts on the Forum outside of Atlasia. Grin
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »

This list doesn't take into account recent efforts of activity encouragement by the Xahar/???campaign or the ARC as a party.

Excuse me? I am the VP candidate.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2009, 05:11:51 PM »

This list doesn't take into account recent efforts of activity encouragement by the Xahar/???campaign or the ARC as a party.

Hamilton is starting confusing his wishes with reality... Roll Eyes

BTW, someone should explain me what's up with Hamilton and Nik, because it seems that you're not friends anymore...
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2009, 05:17:42 PM »

BTW, someone should explain me what's up with Hamilton and Nik, because it seems that you're not friends anymore...

He would prefer to attack me publicly to gain popularty and then try to be friends behind closed doors, much in a similar way to the PMs that were posted exposing Devilman. I don't play those games. There is no reason to put on some kind of facade, be it public or private, simply to try to have someone on your side at all times.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2009, 05:20:48 PM »

He would prefer to attack me publicly to gain popularty and then try to be friends behind closed doors, much in a similar way to the PMs that were posted exposing Devilman. I don't play those games. There is no reason to put on some kind of facade, be it public or private, simply to try to have someone on your side at all times.

When has he attacked you ?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2009, 05:33:28 PM »

Occasional posts and to people in private, I just don't what to think right now. So yeah.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2009, 07:28:04 PM »

Occasional posts and to people in private, I just don't what to think right now. So yeah.

Why let that stop you, you never had much concern about it before. Tongue

NiK really stopped being his friend the day he decided to post the PM's exposing him for the lying rat that he is. 
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2009, 01:43:38 AM »

http://www.explosm.net/comics/1895/
COMIC!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2009, 03:53:21 AM »

COMIC
http://www.explosm.net/comics/1899/
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2010, 07:37:06 AM »

After a short break for comic relif, this newspaper is back.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2010, 08:13:37 AM »

After a short break for comic relif, this newspaper is back.

You really want to publish newspaper in the new Nazi Germany?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »

INTERVIEWING FRANCL

TPTTAA: So, you'r running for Senate?

Franzl: Indeed I am. I've been out of the Senate now for 6 months, and I've come to the realization that I miss working in the legislative process.

I needed a break when I declined to run for re-election....but I'm motivated and ready to get back into everyday political life

TPTTAA: This will mean you will need to Answer some tough questions. We here at TPTTAA plan to present those questions to you. First. Why do you think you are most qualified for the job?

Franzl: I have the experience to get the job done. I know how the federal government operates, having served not only in the Senate for 10 months but also in two seperate offices of the executive branch: Attorney General and Secretary of Forum Affairs/Secretary of Elections.

Through my multi-partisan work on a number of issues in the Senate, I feel that Atlasia is better off than before my time in the Senate.

I've had no trouble working with people of all political and economical ideologies. My favorite example for that was my work with DWTL on the Israel-Palestine conflict. We clearly had different views, but we recognized that through a strong compromise, we could both achieve some of the goals that we were aiming for.

Obviously, I also feel that my political positions, especially my relative fiscal conservatism, are a good addition to a left-leaning legislature...but I'll save that for further questions!

TPTTAA: If elected, what do you plan on changing your username to?

Franzl: Very simple....and perhaps uncreative.....but "Senator Franzl" of course Smiley

TPTTAA: What is your position on Healthcare?

Franzl: I support the status quo in Atlasia. A hybrid system with a strong and generous public option...but at the same time the possibility to purchase private health insurance or obtain it through his employer....or however else.

I was in the Senate when universal healthcare was passed. It is actually one of the pieces of legislation that I am most proud of, and President Lief is to be commended for taking the initiative (although we disagree on a good deal of other things, of course).

That said, I held the line in opposition to the single payer system that was originally proposed, and I made it clear that I would not vote for such a system if it were in the final bill. I believe quite strongly that nobody should ever have trouble finding access to healthcare, but it is equally unjust to force everyone into a government run system that often provides a lower quality of care. I am unwilling to subject our citizens to that type of dependency on the government.

TPTTAA: Have you ever drank paint? If so, how much, and of what colour? If not, why not?

Franzl: Can't say I have. I'd say that's due to health concerns, for the most part. And of course....ummm....why would you want to drink paint?

TPTTAA: Taxes are always a complicated subject. Do you plan on any tax reform, and if so, of what sort?

Franzl: I was also in the Senate when the new tax system was passed last year. Many people believed the fact that I voted for a system with a top marginal rate of over 50% was not in line with my fiscal conservative beliefs....but I'll tell you right now: I'd rather raise taxes, as painful as that is....than run massive deficits that only put our children and our grand chlildren further in debt that they already will be.

For the time being, I do not have any specific plans to reform the tax system further, but things can change.

I will consider tax decreases if spending is cut appropriately. I'd love to lower taxes actually, but only if we can afford to.

I do not anticipate any further tax hikes, but I will not make any nice sounding pledged like "read my lips: no new taxes".

I make my decisons in the Senate based on quickly changing situations and circumstances, and I do not want to be tied to any specific promise in this difficult area.

TPTTAA: This city was once one of the largest cities in Germany, capitol of a kingdom, and in the forefront of the industrilization of the country. Today however, it has only half a million people.

Franzl: I imagine the answer is either Duisburg or Essen....not sure about the kingdom part....

TPTTAA: No. We are looking for "What is Dresden". Do you have any pets, and if so, what are their names? If not, what would you name a pet?

Franzl: I do not have any pets. What I'd name a pet would depend on what type of animal and other things....impossible to say now.

TPTTAA: Are you a supporter of the so-called immigration points scheme? For example like that in Canada http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/editorial/story.html?id=1be2a6a8-4384-4c57-b7aa-acbf25afb251 ?

Franzl: That's not a bad way of determining which immigrants we should admit, I feel quite strongly that we should be rewarding potential immigrants on their merits more than anything else....and their contributions to our society will be appreciated.

More importantly for Atlasia, however, than determining which immigrants to admit legally, is stopping our huge problem with illegal immigration.

We need to remain sane and not give in to reactionary and populist sentiments....but at the same time, the border must be secured.

I'm personally not willing to consider a path to citizenship at this time, for what it's worth.

TPTTAA: Why does my femur hurt?

Franzl: Ask again later.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2010, 03:35:59 AM »

COMIC
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »

INTERVIEW WITH PIT

TPTTAA: So, why do you want to run for Governor of the Pacific on a JCP ticket?

PiT: I am neither a Governor nor live in the Pacific. I am the Speaker of the Southeastern Legislature.

TPTTAA: *flips though papers* riiiight. It says here you are... What exactly is this "Speaker" position you talk about, and what supposed "bills" have you shepherded though your "Legislature" as it's "Speaker"

PiT: The Speaker hasn't had any formal duties until we recently passed a bill charging me with maintaining a schedule of upcoming bills. With that said, I would like to think that I have set a good example for the Legislature with my activity.

With that said, the newness of the legislature & activity issues mean that not too many bills have been passed so far. Still, we passed an anti-HAEV bill that started a series of cases ultimately ending the HAEV, a bill that eased the standard for committing an unlawful abortion (from strict liability to requiring knowledge of the act), one that reduced overcrowding in prisons, & one that reduced the corporate taxation rate.

TPTTAA: Tell me about this so-called "South East" region. I've certainly never heard of any such place. What are some of its symbols, and what do its residents take pride in?

PiT:  I don't think anyone remembers what the symbols are for sure, but I suspect they are the same as Georgia's over in the United States since we took our entire statute from them.

Its residents take pride in their hospitality & many uses for okra. I imagine some of them also take pride in the region's willingness to take controverisal actions, which have frequently led to the region being sued. We are actually debating a bill in the Legislature currently that would create an office specifically to defend the region in court whenever it gets sued.

TPTTAA: Over your time in Atlasia, what is your most proud achievement?

PiT:   Probably building the RPP up into a significant power. When I first came to Atlasia, it was basically a struggle between economic centrists & economic leftists with socially conservative thought nowhere to be seen. I would like to think that by helping build a significant right-wing force in Atlasia, I helped bring some variety back to the table.

TPTTAA: finally, mr. "pit" if that IS you'r real name, do you have any plans for the so-called "future" that scientists are trying to tell us will come if we just wait for it?

PiT: I would like to remain in the Southeastern Legislature for the foreseeable future & help shape the future of the region.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2010, 10:47:52 PM »

Is this supposed to be funny?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2010, 10:53:37 PM »

THIS IS A SERIOUS NEWSPPAPER
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2010, 10:56:18 PM »

WHO SHOT JR? He doesn't know...

TPTTAA: Thank you for doing this interview. You say you are a Dallas fan. What do you think of the episode where JR gets shot?

Dallasfan65: I'm unfamiliar with the TV show in question.

My username was for a vocalist, not a TV show or football team. Tongue

TPTTAA: Football? Ah! So what do you think of the recent moves by Manchester United?

Dallasfan65: I'm unaware of them.

TPTTAA: Er wait, earlier you said this had something to do with a ventriloquist? Tell me about him.

Dallasfan65: If you're referring to the vocalist I mentioned...

He was basically just a vocalist for a Christian Metal band, then went off to make a "Southern Rock" band.

TPTTAA: So.... WaitWaitwait.... you are NOT a ventriloquist? Nor are you a paint manufacturer? Or a paint-eating tester??
So... Why are we interviewing you?!

Dallasfan65: I presumed it was because I was running for Senate. Tongue

TPTTAA: SENATE?! I'm not a political reporter, I'm the real estate reporter... Oh man, I'm going to get fired... er, uh, thanks for talking to us!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2010, 10:59:04 PM »

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2010, 11:05:46 PM »

CONGRATS

As the 93rd replier to this newspaper, you have won our "special prize".

You may submit a guest editorial (an opinion piece) on Security, Terrorism, and Civil Liberties. Feel free to post at your leisure.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2010, 12:08:30 AM »

COMIC
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 01:18:37 AM »

Interview with Marokai Blue

TPTTAA: You are running to be Vice President along side Purple State. Why have you chosen to run on his ticket, and what do you think he can bring to Atlasia that is unique among the candidates?

Marokai Blue: Quite simply, constant activity and a constant work ethic, and a completely brutally honest attitude. The current Administration has been dismal on it's campaign promises and MIA for the most part when it comes to actually participating, and Rosetta/Useful Idiot have accomplished absolutely nothing except provide a bug light for most Populares voters to flock too.

Just look at what we've done so far, really. Not only have I (and my running mate) written detailed policy planks and given them ridiculous amounts of careful consideration, but we have a willingness to take on the titan third-rail issues of Atlasia that the other tickets shy away from completely or adopt them as their own. In my entire time in Atlasia I live up to pretty much everything I promise, or go down trying.

TPTTAA: You yourself are running to be the Vice President. What are your feelings on the role of a Vice President; what do you think he or she should do, and where do you intend to take the office if elected?

Marokai Blue: The role of the VP right now is really barely a role at all. Sometimes you get a person in there, like BK, who takes a bit more active role than the position requires, but basically it's a position where the role is defined by the attitude of the person in the office, I would really really want to see that change.

I would like to see a more active role for the VP institutionalized by a Constitutional Amendment if necessary, something to make it more active. Giving both the President and Vice President the ability to introduce legislation, for instance. I myself will definitely take a more active role as VP by debating the Senators while they're going about their business. There are a few radical ideas for how you could expand the position of the VP, but I think, considering the fact that the VP is something of a "supervisor" for the Senate in between sessions and has the ability to cast tie-breaking votes, any expansion of the VP's role should probably by toward that area.

Especially since I think the choice of a VP is based off of political expediency more than anything else. I want the choice of the VP to actually have some sort of political consequences instead of trying to pretty up the ticket.

If any of the others become (or stay) Vice President, I hope they are at least semi-active in the Senate and go above and beyond their duties. Brainstorming for improving the Vice Presidency and the executive more broadly is one of my priorities for making the game more interesting. (And I believe PS shares this goal.)

Of course, the current Vice President is the perfect example of a totally inactive choice picked only to attract votes, as he's really done jack since he took office, but he's a really truly nice guy and from the right-wing, so he gets votes anyway. I really want that to change.

TPTTAA: Would you consider yourself a "Reformist" candidate?

Marokai Blue: If I'm not a reformist candidate, I don't think anyone could be. If you're a reformist first and foremost, I don't think there's any other choice but voting PS/MB. (I'm looking at you, Ilikeverin!)

TPTTAA: How do you plan to get reforms passed though the Senate?

Marokai Blue: The same way I got the vast majority of my agenda passed when I was a Senator: Constant pressure and debate, with a little consensus building on the side.

I think there's alot more consensus out there for game reform than people realize. Yankee for example is in favor of our plans for "refreshing" Atlasia, provided regional boundaries aren't reduced of course, and Libertas and other Populares have openly stated their support for rebooting the game and consolidating the Constitution. I believe a couple of JCP Senators are also in favor. There's half the votes needed for the Senate right there.

TPTTAA: What would be involved in "Refreshing" Atlasia?

Marokai Blue: Simple stuff, really. We detailed it in our "Purple State and Marokai's BIG IDEA" thread, but it mostly involves rewriting the current Constitution with some minor changes and consolidating all since-passed amendments (we did a draft of this ourselves to start the discussion) and rebooting our statute if possible.

There are some other smaller reforms we'll try to implement, but some of the things included in that draft Constitution include strongly scaling back the time limit for state moves within regions, making it a bit easier to impeach people (supermajority of the Senate and majority of the public instead of the other way around), mandating regional legislatures of some sort, the Presidential power to pardon, among other things.

There's a long list of other possible ideas of course that can be discussed at length once the ball gets rolling if we're lucky enough to be elected.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2010, 01:23:06 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2010, 01:41:00 AM by Teddy »

Sitting down with a Yankee

TPTTAA: Hello and thank you for talking to us. So, tell me, what party are you a member of and why?

Yankee: Thanks, great to be here.

Good question. I am a member of the Regional Protection Party and have been since I joined Atlasia in December 2008. I am not only a member of this party but the chairmen of this party because I believe it is important that regional power and perogatives not be usurped and trampled upon. I beleive that we need also need to maintain a strong conservative movement in Atlasia to provide a balance with the left. At the same time I beleive that there are certain ethical standards which should be upheld and that a certain level of quality in Atlasian politics that should be sought that go beyond just making sure your guy wins but instead that your guy wins for right reasons and can be expected to perform with a certain level of competance. Thats what the RPP stands for and that is why I am proud to be both a member and its leader.

TPTTAA: Tell me more about this "Regional Protection Party" and its policies.

Yankee: Well I basically answered it already in the first question. The RPP beleives at its core that Regional power should be maintained and strengthened if possible. It in general pursues a broad form of Conservatives but is open to decent on a number of issues. It has at least since I have taken over tried to also make ethics and quality important as well.

TPTTAA: What do you think the RPP's biggest accomplishment is during it's time as a viable party?

Yankee: I would say defeating a very strong push to abolish Regional Senate seats at a time when there were many distractions in the party and even divisions within the party over whether regional rights were even important anymore. At the same time many non RPPers who had been pro-region had flip fliopped on the issue. Looking back I would say that it was quite a feat for the party that we were able to hold back that push in such circumstances and firmly assert that the RPP was still the champion of regions and wasn't going to fold on it just to gain votes and win the next Presidential election for no other reason than to be able to say, "We won it".

TPTTAA: The RPP is currently third in terms of members, do you think the party has a solid future in Atlasia?

Yankee: I think that if the RPP wants to have a future, it will. If it doesn't then it won't. A party doesn't have to be number one to have a lot of influence, and the RPP has been able to influence a lot of the debate in Atlasia despite our low and for the most part falling numbers. And again it comes back to quality. We got some very good recruits after going through a dearth of recruiting and if I have to choose between ten zombies or one Fezzy, I will pick the Fezzy everytime, again going back to the quality issue. I find that the RPP has been very successfull, especially since I have taken over in putting us in a place where our candidates can get votes from many parties whereas before that would have been nearly impossible do to the actions of certain members of this party at the time. There were people who otherwise would have considered voting for our guys but said no "I am voting a straight anti-RPP ballot" because of what had happened. I would also point out that a member of our party, Smid, is Vice President, something which never occured even when we were number one or close to number one in numbers. Power and influence is relative depending on what you view as most important to being powerful and influential. Are we strong like we were last year? No, are we stronger in other ways then we were last year, yes most certainly.

TPTTAA: If you had to pick one, which other party would you say the RPP as a whole is closer to ideologically?

Yankee: Well because of how diverse our party is, it would be difficult to choose one that the RPP is closer to, there are members who would be closer to the Populares then the DA and members closer to the DA then the Populares. Then of course people who don't fit closely with either for a variety of reasons. In terms of the broad ideological goals, the Populares might have an advantage because we are both right of center parties in general.

TPTTAA: Thank you for your time

Yankee: Thanks for the interview.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2010, 01:24:34 AM »

Pairing my interview with Yankee's was a deliciously amusing move. Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2010, 01:25:50 AM »

I was interviewing the two of you at the same time Tongue

I had debated switching answers and questions for comedic value, but I wanted to make it clear we do both serious and comedic interviews, and you never know which one you'll get Cheesy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2010, 01:34:31 AM »

I prepared for just that sort of interview. I was prepared to say what Sean Connery said in the movie "The Untouchables", "Oh, please don't waste my time with that bullsh**t".

That would have been hilariously funny, even more so reading back through it after it was posted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies