The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:47:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA  (Read 41543 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: December 17, 2009, 12:55:05 AM »

Unfortunately I take issue with a great deal of your list.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 01:17:30 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2009, 01:19:23 AM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

The facts are the facts. These people contribute nothing yet have the same vote as you and I.

Okay I didn't really want to do this because there's the possibility something concerning zombies could come before the court because of HAEV and all that nonsense, but taking a liberal interpretation of that basically means I can't comment on anything, so let me just explain why I think alot of this list is ridiculous.

In our statute, we deal with activity requirements for voting in elections with this language:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now, it's actually 25 now because of a bill from Hashemite that I supported, but stay with me. When it says "who have posted at least 15 times" it is referring to the Atlas forum at-large. These are the sort of activity requirements that we deal with. The same is upheld in various office-holding rules (I believe it's like 200 or something to be a Senator now?) for post counts, the posts in the at-large forum.

Here are the three criteria for how I judge (personally, not officially) a "zombie" with some exceptions.

Someone who doesn't post on the forum at-large or exclusively posts in Atlasia (or it seems like they were recruited for the sole purpose of participating in Atlasia).

Someone who is not an established member of Atlasia (meaning, someone you can point out in a crowd of Atlas members).

Someone who doesn't post intelligently, causes trouble, etc.

People like BRTD, Smash, phknrocket1k, Boris, CultureKing, Eraser, Gustaf, Torie (Seriously? Torie is a zombie to you?), Ronnie, Dead0man, etc, do not qualify in my humble opinion. They have a long history in Atlasia, the Atlas forum in general for the most part, are well established members, post often on the Atlas forum at large, and many of the people on your list are former office-holders for heaven's sake.

Not longer than earlier this year, CultureKing was my Governor! Torie was once my Senator for two terms! Obviously these are not exemptions on their own, but they are, in combination with other factors, evidence that they are not zombies. They don't not post (grammar attack) on the forum at large, they don't cause trouble or get in trouble alot, they weren't recruited to Atlas simply for the purpose of participating in this silly little game, they have a long history and have established themselves on this site.

People like azmagic, dallasfan, Elvis Republican, etc, well, they're kind of stupid honestly, to be a little harsh about it. They post on the forum at large to maintain the bare minimum, they have extremely low total post counts, almost no one knows who the hell they are, they seem like the type of person who was recruited simply to be used in Atlasia, the list goes on. Those are classic zombie qualifiers.

We could get into arguments too over more complicated shades. People who cause trouble and obsessively participate in Atlasia. But that's an argument for another day. For now, this is about the inactive type of zombie/tool. If anyone wanted my philosophy on zombies, I supposed that's as detailed as I can think to be on the topic.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 01:23:43 AM »

People like azmagic, dallasfan, Elvis Republican, etc, well, they're kind of stupid honestly, to be a little harsh about it. They post on the forum at large to maintain the bare minimum, they have extremely low total post counts, almost no one knows who the hell they are, they seem like the type of person who was recruited simply to be used in Atlasia, the list goes on. Those are classic zombie qualifiers.
Wow, now you're calling other members stupid?

Of everything I posted there on my philosophy of what a zombie is, that's what you decide to single out? Sheesh.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 06:26:20 PM »

The facts are the facts. These people contribute nothing yet have the same vote as you and I.

Okay I didn't really want to do this because there's the possibility something concerning zombies could come before the court because of HAEV and all that nonsense, but taking a liberal interpretation of that basically means I can't comment on anything, so let me just explain why I think alot of this list is ridiculous.

In our statute, we deal with activity requirements for voting in elections with this language:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now, it's actually 25 now because of a bill from Hashemite that I supported, but stay with me. When it says "who have posted at least 15 times" it is referring to the Atlas forum at-large. These are the sort of activity requirements that we deal with. The same is upheld in various office-holding rules (I believe it's like 200 or something to be a Senator now?) for post counts, the posts in the at-large forum.

Here are the three criteria for how I judge (personally, not officially) a "zombie" with some exceptions.

Someone who doesn't post on the forum at-large or exclusively posts in Atlasia (or it seems like they were recruited for the sole purpose of participating in Atlasia).

Someone who is not an established member of Atlasia (meaning, someone you can point out in a crowd of Atlas members).

Someone who doesn't post intelligently, causes trouble, etc.

People like BRTD, Smash, phknrocket1k, Boris, CultureKing, Eraser, Gustaf, Torie (Seriously? Torie is a zombie to you?), Ronnie, Dead0man, etc, do not qualify in my humble opinion. They have a long history in Atlasia, the Atlas forum in general for the most part, are well established members, post often on the Atlas forum at large, and many of the people on your list are former office-holders for heaven's sake.

Not longer than earlier this year, CultureKing was my Governor! Torie was once my Senator for two terms! Obviously these are not exemptions on their own, but they are, in combination with other factors, evidence that they are not zombies. They don't not post (grammar attack) on the forum at large, they don't cause trouble or get in trouble alot, they weren't recruited to Atlas simply for the purpose of participating in this silly little game, they have a long history and have established themselves on this site.

We could get into arguments too over more complicated shades. People who cause trouble and obsessively participate in Atlasia. But that's an argument for another day. For now, this is about the inactive type of zombie/tool. If anyone wanted my philosophy on zombies, I supposed that's as detailed as I can think to be on the topic.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 06:29:54 PM »

I adore these new strange bedfellows.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 01:24:34 AM »

Pairing my interview with Yankee's was a deliciously amusing move. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:33:50 AM »

Freedom Paper.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:39:28 AM »

Bring it! Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:30:02 AM »

Teddy, just relax. Everything isn't as bad or frustrating as you really think it is. Alot of people do like you here in Atlasia.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 02:48:15 AM »

Pacific region down to a single legislator.
With Mr. Fuzzleton's resignation, the Pacific council now only has a single member. There is as of yet no news on how that will effect the operation of that chamber.

What a wonderful idea that clearly turned out to be.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:30:21 AM »

I realize it's rather confusing now, but I use universalism to refer to a two-house system consisting of one elected house & one universal house, as the term was coined to refer to the system proposed during the Third Constitutional Convention in the Spring of 2009.

I don't know how much you know about the Third ConCon since that was pretty soon after you joined, but Atlasia very nearly ended up organizing its federal legislative branch in nearly the same manner. The opposition to the proposal was led by Marokai, but I know that Lief, Purple State, & myself were also opposed to it.

Oh I feel old. That feels like ages ago.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 06:30:53 PM »

Pacific region down to a single legislator.
With Mr. Fuzzleton's resignation, the Pacific council now only has a single member. There is as of yet no news on how that will effect the operation of that chamber.

What a wonderful idea that clearly turned out to be.

I'm still convinced it was a good idea to try.

Not hugely relevant that it didn't eventually work out... tinkering is a good thing, IMO, espeically on a regional level.

Tinkering with broken systems, yes. But the Pacific's system before the addition of an elected legislature was something I was hoping everyone else would copy. The Pacific did not and does not have an active enough citizenry to sustain an elected legislature. There have been times where the universal legislature didn't get comments for weeks. Activity in that region for legislating just comes and goes, and that was the beauty of the old system, it let us come and go without any problem.

Though, I suppose, I shouldn't have to worry about it anymore, since I moved. Tongue The Northeast is certainly far worse.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »

Come on over! Invite all the left-wingers you can. We can make it better. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »

The Northeast can't possibly get any worse, though. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 01:15:49 AM »

I think if I was actually serious about influencing the Northeast I wouldn't be screaming my plans in public. I'm just a spitball thrower these days. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 06:01:53 AM »

Chrono Trigger.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 01:13:35 AM »

Aside from a couple of bad apples I think people by and large appreciate you being in the job. It's a job I actually think needs a quirky individual such as yourself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies