Libertas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:56:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Libertas
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Libertas  (Read 1538 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:16:43 PM »

Tax cannabis and prohibit it to those under 21?

Thanks, but no thanks.

posts like this, with the italicization of the words you chose to italicize, illustrate why this shtick that you're trying to pull off is a joke.  everyone knows it, including you, if you were to do some reflection for ~11.5 seconds.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »

Give him a break.  He's young, and teenagers usually pinball around the political spectrum, never really staying fully consistent as they go.  Look at you, for example.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 08:07:52 PM »

Give him a break.  He's young, and teenagers usually pinball around the political spectrum, never really staying fully consistent as they go.  Look at you, for example.

Ouch. Seriously though, he should become a Maoist again.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:09:49 PM »

Thanks, but no thanks.

posts like this, with the italicization of the words you chose to italicize, illustrate why this shtick that you're trying to pull off is a joke.  everyone knows it, including you, if you were to do some reflection for ~11.5 seconds.

Oh, and what "shtick" is that?

If you disagreed with me, there was nothing stopping you from replying in that thread.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 08:10:53 PM »

Give him a break.  He's young, and teenagers usually pinball around the political spectrum, never really staying fully consistent as they go.  Look at you, for example.

I thought Rocket was the Maoist?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 08:13:05 PM »

I thought Rocket was the Maoist?

He was one too. Perhaps Tweed wasn't a Maoist, just a communist. Anyway, whatever.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 08:24:37 PM »

Tweed was a Marxist-Leninist, rocket was the Maoist.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »

Give him a break.  He's young, and teenagers usually pinball around the political spectrum, never really staying fully consistent as they go.  Look at you, for example.

Thankfully I've stayed pretty consistent over the years. Not all teens pinball around, of course, but I expect people like Libertas, Winston Disraeli, SPC, etc, all will shift at some point or another.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 12:47:25 AM »

Thankfully I've stayed pretty consistent over the years. Not all teens pinball around, of course, but I expect people like Libertas, Winston Disraeli, SPC, etc, all will shift at some point or another.

Winston has already done so at least once in the last year, by his own admission.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 12:48:48 AM »

Yes.
When I was their age I shifted between a neoconservative to a super liberal. Interesting note though, when I was a neocon I was super pro gun control but when I turned very liberal I became super anti gun control (has that happened to anyone on the board?) And then in about 12th grade I became a libertarian of the Libertas type (especially on abortion). After a semester in college I gradually shifted into the realm of Left Libertarianism. For the past couple of years I have graviated between the realm of anarcho capitalism and anarcho communism.
I've found that as time goes by my politics become more complex.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 12:59:31 AM »

Thanks, but no thanks.

Oh, and what "shtick" is that?

If you disagreed with me, there was nothing stopping you from replying in that thread.
Some people have crushes, he has one on you.  Take it as a compliment.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 01:10:41 AM »

I don't 'pinball' around. I've never claimed to be a slave to any ideology in the first place.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 01:25:42 AM »

Tweed was a Marxist-Leninist, rocket was the Maoist.

I felt the need to answer here.  if Joe Republic's comment had been the only one I would not have retorted. 

I probably would never have self-described as a Marxist-Leninist.  I went from US liberal in 03-04 to DLC prick whore in 05-06 to communist sympathising New Left-romantic in 06-07 to disillusioned cynic in 07-08.  it probably makes more sense to call me a Marxist here in 09 than it ever did in 06, though this truth has not translated itself to my posts very easily.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »

Actually I saw you more as DLC prick whore in 03-04 to US liberal after 05.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 01:33:51 AM »

I guess it was roughly parabolic, peaking in summer of 2005, when I endorsed Bayh and Warner and absolutely pitiful horrendous garbage like that.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 05:01:43 AM »

I never pinballed around, I just got better and better.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies