Atlas Election 2012: ELECTION DAY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:15:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Election 2012: ELECTION DAY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Election 2012: ELECTION DAY  (Read 37073 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: December 17, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »

I hope future elections won't necessarily be 50/50, just so that it is more real.

I don't really call this match 50/50 Tongue
Well, in my defense, I won my primary before Xahar did, and Al still hasn't endorsed anyone. If he choses to endorse Xahar, his numbers will go up slightly, and if endorses me, my numbers will go up slightly. So it's pretty normal that I'd be ahead in this situation.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 05:06:40 PM »

When are we going to have the whole forum over VP picks? Is that coming later?

Sorry, but I don't understand your first sentence.
I think he wants to know when Xiao and I will be choosing our Vice Presidential picks, and when a thread will be opened for candidates for VP.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »

Helen Hudson greets a crowd in Cleveland, Ohio to announce her Vice President choice...

Thank you, good people of Cleveland! Today, I will be announcing my choice for Vice President. This person has the leadership, integrity, and experience to serve with me for the next 4 years, and I am confident that this person will do an excellent job. Ladies and Gentleman, please join me in welcoming the next Vice President, Pamela Pickering, from the great state of Colorado!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »

I'm instituting a new policy to hopefully keep things on track here.  Candidates have 72 hours from when the new stage is posted to submit instructions to me.  If I receive instructions after the 72 hours are up, and haven't been given any kind of notification of an upcoming absence or other inability to submit instructions, that candidate will skip the turn.

Remember, your ticket mate can submit instructions on your behalf if you cannot for whatever reason.
Thank you. Hopefully this will be more of an incentive for some of the players to post quicker so we don't have to wait for over a week on them. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 12:50:07 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2010, 12:52:01 PM by Senator Tmthforu94 »

To close out the Republican Convention, Presidential nominee Helen Hudson takes the podium...

Thank you, thank you all! Friends, delegates, Americans, thank you all for being here tonight. Republicans across the nation have spoken, and I thank all of you for your confidence in my campaign. I am grateful to accept your nomination for President of the United States!

First, let me introduce y'all to my family. I first want to introduce you to my husband, Parker, who is considered by many to be the "First Dude" of Arkansas. We were high school sweethearts, and got married at a chapel at the University of Arkansas! Go Razorbacks! Throughout our marriage, we have given birth to 4 beautiful children. We have Adlai, who is 20, Parvati, who is 17, Kaylee, who is 11, and Preston, who is 4. Preston was a special gift from God, and we are blessed and extremely luck to have him in our family. Together, we hope to raise awareness for Cerebral Palsy. To the families with children with Cerebral Palsy, and others with special needs, if I am privileged to be your President, you will have a friend and an ally in the White House.

At just age 28, the people of Arkansas trusted me enough to lead them in Congres, and as one of America's youngest Congresswomen, I fought the big dogs, Washington elitists. I wasn't too popular around those parts, and I didn't mind it. Because we can't just have a government where everyone either goes one way or another. We need a government where both sides are ready to come together and create legislation that will make America a better nation. That's why the American people elect us, and it is our obligation to do that.

Shortly after, I ran for Governor of Arkansas, and as Governor, we fought the corruption that was ruining our government, and we were victorious! As Governor, I am most proud of how our schools have improved during my tenure. More money has been put into education, and our standards have raised. We now have the highest rated public education system in the South, and we hope to remain that way. We also worked on our jobless rates, and as Governor, I spent many sleepless nights personally working to find ways to bring companies to Arkansas. It seems to paid off, as we now have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country, and just under 5%. Arkansas has advanced a lot over the past few years, and I'm sure that whether I'm in command next year, or my Lt. Governor, we will continue to advance!

America is in trying times, with staggering unemployment numbers, higher taxes, and less and less families being able to send their children to college. My friends, decline can happen quickly, even to a great nation, and it's a sobering thought. In such a short time, we have watched how in a matter of months our debt can increase by 4 trillion! Liberty is the right to be free, in our conscience, in our mind, free in our decisions making. We have the pursuit of happiness. This was a radical concept: what I produce belongs to me, not the king, and not the government. These are the ideals that animated the founding fathers, and these are the same ideas that will be implemented under a Hudson/Pickering administration. However, I will be a sympathetic leader, and I realize that their our times when the government must intervene, for the sake of prosperity and well being. And when those times come, we will be ready.

In 2008, the Clinton campaign put eighteen million cracks in that ever so large glass ceiling. And Governor Palin nearly broke that ceiling, but came up just short. Well, my friends, we have put even more cracks in it during this election process, Pamela and I, and we are more than ready to break it in this election! Not only will America have it's first female President, but we will also have our first female Vice President! We are ready to have the experience of a lifetime, and quoting a Shania Twain hit, "The best part about being a woman, is the prerogative to have a little fun", and my friends, we are going to have some fun come January, when we begin to shake up, clean up, and fix Washington!

This is a great nation, and always will be a great nation. But now is the time for a great leader, and I stand before you, Americans, pleading my case. Americans will have lower taxes under a Hudson administration, with more money to buy the things you desperately need and want.

Americans, I thank you for tuning in tonight. I can make a promise to you that my opponent cannot. You will have lower taxes under a Hudson administration, and you will have more money to spend. We will not push Universal Health Care through. Not just because it's costly and that other nations have proven it won't work, but also because Americans have been speaking loud for the last few years that they do not want it, and we are supposed to be representing them, not lobbyists.

Join me, America, in our fight to make America a greater nation than it already is! Divided we may fall, but if we all unite, we shall succeed. Thank you, God Bless you all, and God Bless America!

Hudson with the employee of a new factory opened in Arkansas
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »

I'll endorse the Republican ticket, even though I am registered Democratic.
Thank you.

As to Joe's comments, personally, I'd be fine with skipping foward to election day. This election has so far been frustrating for me, and Vepres, as we have consistantly been working on this, turning in our instructions as soon as possible, and trying to get others involved (see RNC). When I signed up for this, I thought it would take a month or two. At the rate we're going, this will last through the summer.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 07:08:01 AM »

Helen Hudson celebrates with her family, then prepares to make  her victory rally.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies