Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 03:03:45 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Howard Dean Won't "Vigorously" Support Obama's Re-Election Bid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Howard Dean Won't "Vigorously" Support Obama's Re-Election Bid  (Read 2921 times)
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2009, 06:09:03 am »
Ignore

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/12/17/howard_dean_wont_vigorously_support_obamas_re-election_bid.html

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:11:31 am »
Ignore

neither will I, but Dean needs to STFU right now.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:38:29 am »
Ignore

neither will I, but Dean needs to STFU right now.

Why?  For ONCE he's being totally honest and non-partisan and most importantly Franzl, he's not waffling in his beliefs......like everyone else is, including Obama.

updaters remind me of scumbags.

Tomorrow, I will probably have Chick-fil-a for lunch and try to eat light when I go to the McDonald's on the turnpike for dinner.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 09:41:51 am »
Ignore

I don't fault his principles...I have a lot respect for him and his ideas, but I consider the healthcare compromise to be a HELL of a lot better than nothing.

I think he's just being unrealistic and irresponsible.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 09:45:26 am »
Ignore

I don't fault his principles...I have a lot respect for him and his ideas, but I consider the healthcare compromise to be a HELL of a lot better than nothing.

For once I agree with him.........you can call it Health Care Reform til you're blue in the face.  That doesn't make it so.

Tomorrow, I will probably have Chick-fil-a for lunch and try to eat light when I go to the McDonald's on the turnpike for dinner.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 09:47:21 am »
Ignore

For once I agree with him.........you can call it Health Care Reform til you're blue in the face.  That doesn't make it so.

What's wrong with it?

I think it's a pretty good market friendly bill actually.
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:51:42 am »
Ignore

Over the past few days, i've started to wonder if Dean is firing warning shots of a 3rd party run.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 10:26:32 am »
Ignore

What's wrong with it?

The insurance companies aren't trying to kill it in its present form like they were.......

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 01:11:51 pm »
Ignore

What's wrong with it?

The insurance companies aren't trying to kill it in its present form like they were.......

I agree with you GG in disappointment in the bill. However it's still markedly better than the status quo, and it's shortcomings have much more to do with Sens. Lincoln, Nelson and (especially) Lieberman than Obama.

Dean does need to chill, IMHO. Criticize the bill for what it doesn't accomplish, yes, but abandoning Obama for Mitt, T-Paw or the Huckster??!? Chill Deanie babe, chill.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 01:18:19 pm »
Ignore

Byahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 01:20:18 pm »
Ignore

Byahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 01:45:41 pm »
Ignore

So if Howard Dean ran as a left-wing alternative and Palin ran as a right-wing alternative to Tim Huckaromney... that would get interesting.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 02:00:56 pm »
Ignore

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/17/howard-dean-i-wont-suppor_n_395599.html

Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean told the Huffington Post that he was misinterpreted and, subsequently misquoted when discussing his support for President Barack Obama on a morning cable show Thursday. Dean said that despite his call to defeat the health-care bill Obama is championing, he is prepared to campaign for Obama vigorously come 2012.

Oops.

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 08:41:21 pm »
Ignore

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/17/howard-dean-i-wont-suppor_n_395599.html

Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean told the Huffington Post that he was misinterpreted and, subsequently misquoted when discussing his support for President Barack Obama on a morning cable show Thursday. Dean said that despite his call to defeat the health-care bill Obama is championing, he is prepared to campaign for Obama vigorously come 2012.

Oops.

Looks like someone had a trip to the woodshed....

useful idiot
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 09:50:44 pm »
Ignore

For once I agree with him.........you can call it Health Care Reform til you're blue in the face.  That doesn't make it so.

What's wrong with it?

I agree with you GG in disappointment in the bill. However it's still markedly better than the status quo, and it's shortcomings have much more to do with Sens. Lincoln, Nelson and (especially) Lieberman than Obama.

Obama could have put them in line if he wanted to, but instead he chose to attack the left of the party. The guy hasn't even hinted at consequences for opposing the original bill. Bush was able to pass almost his entire agenda(save SS privatization) with 50 to 55 senators, and he did it by putting pressure on them. Can you imagine LBJ just backing down on Medicare or the Civil Rights Act without putting up any effort whatsoever? This is how the healthcare debate has gone:

Obama: I want healthcare reform passed

Conservative Dems: Not unless you make it a complete waste of the paper it's written on and a huge handout to insurance companies

Obama: Ok

Real Dems: This bill needs to be more progressive

Obama: You're irrelevant and should go away, you're blocking my chances of getting something done, even though it's pointless, so I can go on being the celebrity that I am and tout myself as the guy that finally solved the healthcare crisis.

He never wanted a public option and has been nothing but a disingenuous liar. This "reform" is something I could easily see coming out of the Bush administration, just like nearly everything else Obama has done in office. As long as he's in office he's making the Democratic Party look bad and squandering opportunities. I would happily vote for Dean if he was a third party candidate, because frankly...I can't see Romney being any worse and Palin wouldn't win anyway; I'd rather have a clear conscience than be a party to the massive fraud being perpetrated by Obama.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 09:55:42 pm »
Ignore

If Dean runs he has my vote.
President Mitt
Giovanni
YaBB God
Samoa

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 09:58:44 pm »
Ignore

It would be pretty funny to see a former DNC Chairman running on a third party.

[This space is available for purchase]
Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 06:30:57 pm »
Ignore

If Dean runs he has my vote.

Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 06:48:52 pm »
Ignore

Although a Zionist hack, Dean still would have made a better president than Obama or Kerry.
Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 06:49:27 pm »
Ignore

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 06:51:30 pm »
Ignore

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Scam of God
Einzige
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 06:55:40 pm »
Ignore

Life is change --
How it differs from the rocks
I've seen their ways
Too often for my liking

New worlds to gain
My life is to survive
And be alive
For you

- Jefferson Airplane, "Crown of Creation"

The right to die in Iraq was a right not previously possessed by Americans for twelve long years.  Bush rectified that.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 07:02:27 pm »
Ignore

Although a Zionist hack, Dean still would have made a better president than Obama or Kerry or Gore or W. Bush or H.W. Bush or Clinton or Reagan or Nixon or Johnson or Truman.
DariusNJ

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 11:55:27 am »
Ignore

For me it's too early to say right now. I don't like what he's been doing right now, but hopefully he smartens up and doesn't take the left for granted, otherwise Nader (or another liberal) could scoop up some votes in 2012. He still has to tackle issues such as gay rights, illegal immigration, the Iraq war, etc.
xavier110
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -7.83

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 01:10:07 pm »
Ignore

LMAO, I love how quickly Rahm and his team contacted Dean and told him to shut it down.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout