Has BushOklahoma gone off the deep end?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:00:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has BushOklahoma gone off the deep end?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has BushOklahoma gone off the deep end?  (Read 2191 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2009, 09:32:25 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:41:53 AM »

Do you really think he just came to those conclusions, Franzl?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:42:51 AM »

Do you really think he just came to those conclusions, Franzl?

No, not really, but those are the kind of things you don't actually say in "debate" if you want to be taken seriously Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 09:58:52 AM »

It is an appropriate post in my opinion reflecting a point of view, which while very rare here, is quite common out on the Fruited Plain. It reflects a deep anger and alienation. I suspect some of the j'accuse of the ACLU is exaggerated (does it really advocate making a hate crime what a minister says behind the pulpit about his theological beliefs regarding homosexuality?), but exaggerated or not, that opinion is no doubt quite common too in some circles.

What BushOK did not quite say, and it would be interesting to know, is that when he thinks some law is un-Biblical, would he disobey that law in favor of the higher law? If so, going down that road depending on what one thinks the Bible says, could be potentially ominous, at least with some folks. The Old Testament in particular has some pretty rough stuff in it is my vague impression, including some chatter someone once told me about stoning homosexuals to death. But I will leave that to others who actually know what the Bible say, as opposed to myself, who in large part does not.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 10:33:11 AM »

It is an appropriate post in my opinion reflecting a point of view, which while very rare here, is quite common out on the Fruited Plain. It reflects a deep anger and alienation. I suspect some of the j'accuse of the ACLU is exaggerated (does it really advocate making a hate crime what a minister says behind the pulpit about his theological beliefs regarding homosexuality?), but exaggerated or not, that opinion is no doubt quite common too in some circles.

What BushOK did not quite say, and it would be interesting to know, is that when he thinks some law is un-Biblical, would he disobey that law in favor of the higher law? If so, going down that road depending on what one thinks the Bible says, could be potentially ominous, at least with some folks. The Old Testament in particular has some pretty rough stuff in it is my vague impression, including some chatter someone once told me about stoning homosexuals to death. But I will leave that to others who actually know what the Bible say, as opposed to myself, who in large part does not.

Honestly, Torie, I doubt Bushie is an old testament literalist given into stoning homosexuals or the like.  He seems like the most milk-toast New Testament bible thumper I've known.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 10:58:32 AM »

Where was this posted?  Google is only showing a link to this thread.

As for the post itself, meh.  A bit paranoid perhaps.  We can calmly explain where he's wrong about the ACLU (of which I'm no fan) wherever it was originally posted, or we can start a thread making fun of him thus reinforcing his paranoia.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »

Hey the guy is claiming he fears he'll be dragged off to jail or the death chamber!
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:07:35 AM »

Damn! We've been found out, quick, to the Non Believer Chopper!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »

Oh boy guys, he's really shoving that belief down your throats hard. Better hang the bastard fast! Roll Eyes
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:17 AM »

Honey, hate speech isn't illegal or anything. It was illegal in Canada until recently, but the court ruled that the law violated the Charter of rights. And I went to catholic school all my life. No one paid attention to the prayer. And even they acknowledged other December holidays other than Christmas.

My home here is a northern city in the north. Even though it's a pretty big city for the rural part of the province, it's still pretty rural and Christians are a super majority there. But the place is pretty liberal. Respecting the Bible and Constitution can coexist.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:45 AM »

Oh boy guys, he's really shoving that belief down your throats hard. Better hang the bastard fast! Roll Eyes

I've always fantasized that we should feed them to the lions, just in tribute to the wonderful Romans who fought so valiantly against the insidiousness, alas only to fall in the end.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 11:32:50 AM »

I basically agree with Torie here and have little to add of importance at the moment.

Btw, the trait of a person reacting negatively and yelling "Y!" over and over again when someone tells you that X is correct, even if that person didn't think Y was correct in the first place or didn't care about said issue altogether is a distinctly American trait that I hope we never lose, regardless of which political side it falls on.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 11:39:19 AM »

We can calmly explain where he's wrong about the ACLU (of which I'm no fan)

Wow, that's quite un-libertarian.

And here's a link:

We are losing our religious rights. I started to pray at my school and I got sent to the office.

You are obviously being sarcastic, considering that it is your civil liberty to pray in school. Do not attempt to spew the ridiculous lies the churches have spread about the ACLU.

And, don't believe the ridiculous lies the ACLU have spread about us religious types.

ACLU reads the Constitution, Churches read bibles.

ACLU > Churches

The Bible is greater than the Constitution.  The Bible tells us to obey our Government as long as it doesn't interfere with the Word of God, therefore the Constitution is great, the Bible is greater.  Even the ACLU picks and chooses and interprets the constitution to suit them and their agenda.

I will always read my Bible before the Constitution and will teach my kids such.

Oh, and Duke is right that our rights are being taken away at lightning speed.  The biggest thing is the ACLU is trying to make it a hate crime to preach against homosexuality, even behind the pulpit.  They want nothing better than to stamp out every Christian and every Christian ideal.  They favor Parent Parenthood which hates babies.  They hate everything the Bible says.  They also succeeded in taking prayer out of schools.  You can even be arrested for praying on the steps of the US Capitol.  They detest us trying to live out and share our Christian faith with others.  If they can't stomp us out entirely, they will try everything they can to shut us up so we can't even say "Jesus Saves" or "God Loves You" in public.  They also try to take the Christ out of Christmas.  They replace Christ with X, which is abhorrent.  They shun businesses from wishing their customers Merry Christmas.  The term Happy Holidays could mean Easter or Fourth of July as easily as anything in the winter.  The ACLU is an evil, evil organization, and they will one day get their just reward.

The ACLU is not the American Civil Liberties Union, rather it is the Anti-Christian Litigation Unit.

One day, and this is a guaranteed fact, not the beliefs of Christians, that Jesus Christ will come again and will set up his Kingdom and will eradicate all evil and all ungodliness from this world and will destroy this earth and set up a new heaven and a new earth.  You can take that to the bank.

We Christians will NOT back down from our beliefs no matter what the evil ACLU tries to do.  We will even go to prison or to the death chamber if we have to for the cause of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'm afraid it will.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »

I wish him well with his weight/health issues, but DAMN.  This is extreme. 
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »

I wish him well with his weight/health issues, but DAMN.  This is extreme. 

Where I live he would be the average person, if not one of the rational ones......
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 02:03:58 PM »

Roll Eyes

People still think BO is real?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 03:59:53 PM »

On the diatribe regarding the ACLU, I've heard worse.  In fact, for somebody opposed to the ACLU, that kind of sentiment is almost moderate.

However, I do feel pity for this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 05:43:36 PM »

the scary part is that in oklahoma bushie is probably considered a liberal.

he did vote for a negro, after all...
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 06:46:07 PM »

Not everyone out of the box can be a rather jaded sophisticated secular cosmopolitan you know.  We all have different experiences.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »

Nah, I certainly don't think he's gone off the deep end. Extreme and disagreeable, perhaps, but he's a good guy with deeply rooted beliefs that he's more than welcome to have and express.

He's just plain wrong on the "Christmas vs. Xmas" thing, though. The letter X is the first letter in the Greek word Christos, which means Christ. The Romans used X (Chi) and P (Rho) together to symbolize Christ quite often, and X has been used as an English abbreviation for Christ since the 1500s. So pinning it on the ACLU or saying it's abhorrent to say "Xmas" is just flat-out ignorant and wrong. "Christmas," after all, is just a combination of "Christ's Mass," so "Xmas" is an acceptable way to write it.

Hope you read that, BushOK. Religious conviction is great, but get your facts straight before casting stones.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 01:19:32 AM »

Nah, I certainly don't think he's gone off the deep end. Extreme and disagreeable, perhaps, but he's a good guy with deeply rooted beliefs that he's more than welcome to have and express.

He's just plain wrong on the "Christmas vs. Xmas" thing, though. The letter X is the first letter in the Greek word Christos, which means Christ. The Romans used X (Chi) and P (Rho) together to symbolize Christ quite often, and X has been used as an English abbreviation for Christ since the 1500s. So pinning it on the ACLU or saying it's abhorrent to say "Xmas" is just flat-out ignorant and wrong. "Christmas," after all, is just a combination of "Christ's Mass," so "Xmas" is an acceptable way to write it.

Hope you read that, BushOK. Religious conviction is great, but get your facts straight before casting stones.

Come on, we all know there's a war on Christmas, because Henry Ford said so in his book:
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 08:19:53 AM »

the scary part is that in oklahoma bushie is probably considered a liberal.

he did vote for a negro, after all...

Obama is a negro?  Damn no one told me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 10:15:44 AM »

Have I ever been in the shallow end of the pool?  I'm not afraid to take jabs at myself Smiley

I was just getting frustrated, and I may have exaggerated on some of the points, but I have cooled down now!!

Don't worry, I'm still focused on Christmas for 6 1/2 more days before I start focusing on Easter 2010!  Just to let you know I haven't lost my touch Smiley
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »

You re-upped on your prescription?
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God