Nelson and Reid Reach a Deal: Game Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:24:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nelson and Reid Reach a Deal: Game Over (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nelson and Reid Reach a Deal: Game Over  (Read 4337 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 19, 2009, 05:12:42 PM »

Did anyone else notice that Pat Toomey's primary challenge effectively negated the impact of Lamont's failed primary challenge as far as getting this bill across the finish line?

I, for one, am damn glad that Arlen Specter wasn't in line for his pound of flesh among the compromisers.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »

Somehow, I feel that while designing this whole thing, no one seriously looked at how miserable the Massachusetts plan is. Only Democrats think it's working (a majority of Republicans and Independents think it's not). That doesn't bode well for what the national opinion of the Massachusetts model would be.

What is miserable about the Massachusetts plan?

A majority of Republicans would oppose it on ideological grounds alone, and I'd guess that a very large majority of both Republicans and Independents in Massachusetts already have health insurance through their employers so didn't stand to be beneficiaries of the program anyway.

If it were seriously unpopular, wouldn't Cahill or Baker be running on its repeal?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies