Is Obama finished?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:49:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Obama finished?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 229

Author Topic: Is Obama finished?  (Read 314731 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2012, 11:47:59 PM »

I can see America re-electing a black President.

But I can't see America re-electing an incompetent President.

So you see Romney as being a one-term President if he ever reaches the White House?  I thought you had higher expectations of him than that.

Now now, we all know this thread is about Obama, not Romney.

But thank you for your great sense of humor.

Wow... you're so disciplined, just like the Romney message 'my past is only to be discussed on my terms'.

Oh my, what side of the bed did you get out on this morning?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2012, 12:12:03 AM »

So you see Romney as being a one-term President if he ever reaches the White House?  I thought you had higher expectations of him than that.

Now now, we all know this thread is about Obama, not Romney.

A thread about Obama being finished doesn't pertain to Romney?

Since when did you join the r3VO⅃ution?

Glad to oblige.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2012, 12:18:51 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You should have some faith in your man, Winfield.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2012, 11:42:09 PM »

So you're admitting that Mitt will win in 2012, and saying that I doubt he will win re-election in 2016.  Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »

So you're admitting that Mitt will win in 2012, and saying that I doubt he will win re-election in 2016.  Smiley

Romney will be young enough to try again in 2016 if he loses this time and then run for reelection in 2020 if he wins in 2016.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »

LOL NO
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2012, 02:12:49 PM »

Not yet, but another "The Private sector is doing fine" or fight with the Supreme Court and he could be getting close to it.

Fact is, a whole lot of factors are against him. If he wins re-election, it'll be because he was a much better candidate than Romney. And lately, he hasn't been.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2012, 02:48:34 PM »

Please, Romney only seems strong because he was the least incompetent in a historically weak and pathetic field of challengers.

Team Obama has already won a presidential election. Team Romney hasn't. Team Obama knows what it takes. Team Romney just hopes throwing enough money at the campaign will hide the fact that Romney is awkward, out of touch, disingenuous, and offers no bold solutions.

Obama is the better campaigner.
Purch
Rookie

« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2012, 04:23:16 PM by Purch »

Please, Romney only seems strong because he was the least incompetent in a historically weak and pathetic field of challengers.

Team Obama has already won a presidential election. Team Romney hasn't. Team Obama knows what it takes. Team Romney just hopes throwing enough money at the campaign will hide the fact that Romney is awkward, out of touch, disingenuous, and offers no bold solutions.

Obama is the better campaigner.

Two things, One, Romney doesn't seem strong, Romney has seemed weak from the very beginning similar to the current state of President Obama. Romney has never been and will never be a strong politican he's flawed in to many areas.

And in terms of being out of touch and offering no bold solutions I was just saying the same thing about the both campaigns.

Politicians must be out of touch with independents if they don't realize that independents don't enjoy being pounded by negative adds, If anything Independents are the most most fed up with what the two major political parties have degraded to. And also no ones offering any "real big solutions" including the Obama campaign, neither of them are campaigning on their vision for the future but rather trying to make the other candidate seem completely incapable of creating a better America the next 4 years. Negativity sells to the dem/rep base, Vision sells to independents.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »

Obama ran a great campaign as a challenger, maybe the best, when he could aspire to be all things to all voters.

But so far he seems to be floundering in an attempt to run a re-election campaign, where he must actually stand for something and defend a less than impressive record
Purch
Rookie

« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2012, 04:21:24 PM »

Obama's 2008 campaign was run on a clear cut vision for change and the future (What both candidates should be doing now)

Unfortunately both 2012 campaigns are run on purely negative adds.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2012, 04:31:20 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2012, 04:34:09 PM by Kalery »

So you're admitting that Mitt will win in 2012, and saying that I doubt he will win re-election in 2016.  Smiley

Romney will be young enough to try again in 2016 if he loses this time and then run for reelection in 2020 if he wins in 2016.

Romney will be 69 in 2016, younger than Reagan was while elected to is first term as well as younger than McCain in 2008. Not to mention Bob Dole, lol.

Yet if Romney loses in 2012, I have really hard time seeing him having a shot again in 2016. Remember that a lot of strong potential candidates decided to sit out this season.
Purch
Rookie

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2012, 04:38:22 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2012, 04:50:37 PM by Purch »

So you're admitting that Mitt will win in 2012, and saying that I doubt he will win re-election in 2016.  Smiley

Romney will be 69 in 2016, younger than Reagan was while elected to is first term as well as younger than McCain in 2008. Not to mention Bob Dole, lol.

Yet if Romney loses in 2012, I have really hard time seeing him having a shot again in 2016. Remember that a lot of strong potential candidates decided to sit out this season.

No one who ran this year should run in 2016 (Ron Paul's retiring) They're all pretty bad candidates. Newt should just retire from Public office since something about his arrogance gets to me.

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:32 PM »

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »

Amen
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »

If Romney loses in 2012, there is no way he runs in 2016.  His time to run will have passed.

2012 is do or die politically for Romney.

This election is winnable for Romney.  I say winnable, not a certainty.  It is far from a certainty, for either candidate I might add.

Romney is running against a candidate who has turned in a less than sterling performance during his term.  12.7 million unemployed, 5 million of them for more than six months.  (CNN)

According to this forecast, unemployment is expected to be 8.4% in October, not a good unemployment number just before the election for a President running for re-election.

http://www.forecasts.org/unemploy.htm

U.S. Civilian Unemployment Rate Forecast
Percent Unemployed, Seasonally Adjusted

1 May 2012 8.2
2 Jun 2012 8.1  
3 Jul 2012 8.1  
4 Aug 2012 8.2  
5 Sep 2012 8.3  
6 Oct 2012 8.4  
Updated Friday, May 18, 2012

So yes, this election is winnable for Romney.

But Romney has to quit shooting from the lip and stay on message.  He has to avoid making gaffes, and he has made plenty of them during this campaign.    

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »

Romney is weak candidate, and if Obama loses, he'll have no one but himself to blame and he should have probably paid some attention to the 2 1/2 year old cartoon in my signature.
Mister Twister

« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »

This thread is great. Especially this post.

Shut your hole. I'm tired of your posturing; I'm tired of you slick conservative ingrates lying through your wormy little teeth every time a Democrat is in the Presidency about how much you'll shrink the government. Not once since that moronic charlatan Reagan assumed the throne have you been honest, as an ideological wing prone to groupthink, with the American people.

But your days are numbered, my friend. Indeed, we can't fund any liberal social programs - which means we sure as Hell can't fund your favorite subsidies, like defense or the prison-industrial complex. I guarantee it. Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.
wan
United States

« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2012, 12:18:33 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2012, 12:21:19 AM by wan »

This thread is great. Especially this post.

Shut your hole. I'm tired of your posturing; I'm tired of you slick conservative ingrates lying through your wormy little teeth every time a Democrat is in the Presidency about how much you'll shrink the government. Not once since that moronic charlatan Reagan assumed the throne have you been honest, as an ideological wing prone to groupthink, with the American people.

But your days are numbered, my friend. Indeed, we can't fund any liberal social programs - which means we sure as Hell can't fund your favorite subsidies, like defense or the prison-industrial complex. I guarantee it. Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.

You must be bored because this thread is from June. You must of did a lot of searching for it mister twister
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »

Sure, but its still an overthetop post that people post.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2012, 04:55:12 AM »

You know Obama is the clear favourite when Winfield says the race is winnable for Romney.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2012, 06:36:33 AM »

This is beautiful.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »

You know Obama is the clear favourite when Winfield says the race is winnable for Romney.

It's always a winnable win with Winfield on your team.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »

Obama ran a great campaign as a challenger, maybe the best, when he could aspire to be all things to all voters.

But so far he seems to be floundering in an attempt to run a re-election campaign, where he must actually stand for something and defend a less than impressive record

He has a long list of legislative achievements -- in his first two years. He put a swift end to the most dangerous economic economic meltdown in nearly 80 years. The only constituency of 2008 that he lost was the financial sector who would have voted for the Islamic Brotherhood or the KKK if such would have saved their skins and, having had their needs met, now concern themselves with taxes on their income. Such people are small components of the electorate, and they are heavily concentrated in states that President Obama has no chance of losing.

He is consistent. He is not losing his core constituencies.   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »

He has a long list of legislative achievements -- in his first two years. He put a swift end to the most dangerous economic economic meltdown in nearly 80 years. The only constituency of 2008 that he lost was the financial sector who would have voted for the Islamic Brotherhood or the KKK if such would have saved their skins and, having had their needs met, now concern themselves with taxes on their income. Such people are small components of the electorate, and they are heavily concentrated in states that President Obama has no chance of losing.

He is consistent. He is not losing his core constituencies.   

"His" constituencies turnout will be lower than 2008 and his opponents turnout will be quite a bit higher.  Some will swing from voting Obama to voting against him.  Almost none will go the other way.  All that can be true and Obama could still win.   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies