Is Obama finished?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:32:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Obama finished?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 229

Author Topic: Is Obama finished?  (Read 315604 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »

You know Obama is the clear favourite when Winfield says the race is winnable for Romney.

It's always a winnable win with Winfield on your team.

It's always winnable, but you never win.
Mister Twister

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2012, 02:01:56 AM »

How about now?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2012, 05:31:46 AM »

Yes, Obama will only win by 1-2 points now. Obviously he is finished.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2012, 07:48:34 AM »

Yes, he's finished now, wish I could change my vote in this poll.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2012, 08:00:36 AM by Former President Polnut »

It's funny, the GOP needs depressed Democratic enthusiasm and turnout... and people like you are contributing to what could ACTUALLY bring Obama down...

Yes, that means you are part of the problem
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2012, 08:04:18 AM »

It's funny, the GOP needs depressed Democratic enthusiasm and turnout... and people like you are contributing to what could ACTUALLY bring Obama down...

Of course we're all part of the problem, Polnut - like an Occupy protester buying a Starbuck's coffee - unless we're out literally getting ourselves killed.  In which case you're still grist for the mill, if not precisely part of the mill.

I don't worry much about my pessimism detering any voting.  I've been saying the same thing for years and years now, and I've hardly reached many voters.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »

That is true - your 2008 predictions were hilariously frought
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2012, 08:06:55 AM »

It's 1976 all over again!

Barack Obama is the new Gerald Ford, Mitt Romney the new Jimmy Carter!!!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2012, 08:08:00 AM »

That is true - your 2008 predictions were hilariously frought

I was proven wrong then by the extraordinary circumstances, but this particularly disgusting campaign is, I think, proving my overall analysis.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2012, 08:10:03 AM »

Actually, it could help increase the sense of hopelessness.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2012, 08:12:43 AM »

Actually, it could help increase the sense of hopelessness.

That's what he's saying, J.J.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2012, 08:57:47 AM »

I don't think he's finished but he's looking quite desperate....downright silly, in fact.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »

I don't think he's finished but he's looking quite desperate....downright silly, in fact.

I haven't even seen a single sign of him since the collapse.  Where've you seen him Grumps?

In fact only whites could possibly save him now, he can't save himself: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=161227.0

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27:30 AM »

I haven't even seen a single sign of him since the collapse.  Where've you seen him Grumps?

In fact only whites could possibly save him now, he can't save himself: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=161227.0

He's made public appearances and he's been lame, but his minions, opebo.....pathetic.  Then these stupid ads.  Keeping Biden in hiding (maybe not a bad idea)....these guys are cocky bastards at heart, but Obama is acting like a beaten down puppy left in the rain.  I'm sure the valium prescriptions shot way up in his  Chicago HQ since the debate.   He's not inspiring anyone at this moment.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »

He's made public appearances and he's been lame, but his minions, opebo.....pathetic.  Then these stupid ads.  Keeping Biden in hiding (maybe not a bad idea)....these guys are cocky bastards at heart, but Obama is acting like a beaten down puppy left in the rain.  I'm sure the valium prescriptions shot way up in his  Chicago HQ since the debate.   He's not inspiring anyone at this moment.

This has basically been Obama his entire term in office (weak, leading from behind, no plan, demagogic, in over his head, uninterested), but he wasn't as exposed as he is now.  Amazing what 90 minutes of sunshine can 'find'. 
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »

There are still three debates and a lot could change - Romney's RCP average is only 0.7% ahead.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »

most votes I've ever seen in a poll on this site.
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »

There's still roughly a month to go, three more debates, and more time for polls to shift.  To say Obama is finished already is silly.  Romney won a debate and tightened the race, but it's not over yet. 
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2012, 01:52:27 PM »

There's still roughly a month to go, three more debates, and more time for polls to shift.  To say Obama is finished already is silly.  Romney won a debate and tightened the race, but it's not over yet. 

Exactly. If Romney has a bad debate and/or Obama has a good one, this could easily swing again. A week ago, we were saying Romney was finished. Clearly that isn't the case anymore, but to say Obama is because he's been beat out by Romney for one week is overreacting.
milhouse24
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »

I don't think Americans want another white president.  We want a president who makes us feel good and can connect to us personally at an emotional level.  Obama may not be the best president ever, but he's pretty darn close.  Besides, Obama should get some bonus points because he is the First Black President, and its difficult for a Black man to understand the dominant white culture of the clubby DC government world.  As the saying in business goes, its about understanding and adapting to the company culture.  The white culture is difficult to understand and a Black Man will never get respect in a white culture no matter how he acts or behaves. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27:49 PM »

I don't think Americans want another white president.  We want a president who makes us feel good and can connect to us personally at an emotional level.  Obama may not be the best president ever, but he's pretty darn close.  Besides, Obama should get some bonus points because he is the First Black President, and its difficult for a Black man to understand the dominant white culture of the clubby DC government world.  As the saying in business goes, its about understanding and adapting to the company culture.  The white culture is difficult to understand and a Black Man will never get respect in a white culture no matter how he acts or behaves. 

What the hell is this?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »

I think Americans want a president who can solve the economic problems.  I doubt if they care about the amount of melanin in his/her skin.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »

Lol.  I highly doubt most people care about the race of the president, they care about who might be able to fix the economy more.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2012, 09:37:51 PM »

If President Obama doesn't turn things around in the second (townhall) debate, then yes he would likely be finished.  We would all be talking about the last great triumph of White America with the election of Mitt Romney -this being the last election in U.S. history in which a presidential candidate can be elected to the Presidency primarily on the backs of white voters.    
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2012, 09:51:58 PM »

The economy needs to be turned around, millions of unemployed Americans are looking for work, the middle east is a powder keg, innocent children and being tortured and murdered on almost a daily basis in Syria, and this President is running ads with Big Bird.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies