Is Obama finished? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:47:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Obama finished? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 229

Author Topic: Is Obama finished?  (Read 315870 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 23, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »

It is too early, but Obama looks like he is running below the first term numbers of every president since Nixon.

That isn't a good sign.

The better news is that Reagan was the second lowest.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2009, 11:13:27 AM by J. J. »

It is too early, but Obama looks like he is running below the first term numbers of every president since Nixon.

That isn't a good sign.

The better news is that Reagan was the second lowest.

It's not really worth replying since no one takes you seriously anyway, but this statement is blatantly false:

He is at worse tied with Reagan and clearly above Clinton.

Actually, I used the November/December numbers for each President's first year of a first term from Gallup linked a few posts ago.  Obviously, I didn't include Ford or Johnson, who didn't win an election.  http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/presidential-approval-tracker.htm.  Double checking, Reagan tied Obama in December, but Clinton was several points higher (and he had an earlier dramatic drop).

It is too early to tell, but the numbers are not great.  Incidentally, both Clinton and Reagan had dramatic drops in the second year and both recovered.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 08:46:45 PM »

Not even close to the 60's and Nixon probably benefited from it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »

Not even close to the 60's and Nixon probably benefited from it.

... and who would benefit from disgust at the teabag rhetoric and symbols?

This little, the Republicans.  This is more of the "construction workers riot" situation.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »

No, not yet.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 08:10:03 AM »

Yes, he's finished now, wish I could change my vote in this poll.

It's funny, the GOP needs depressed Democratic enthusiasm and turnout... and people like you are contributing to what could ACTUALLY bring Obama down...

Yes, that means you are part of the problem

Actually, it could help increase the sense of hopelessness.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »

I think Americans want a president who can solve the economic problems.  I doubt if they care about the amount of melanin in his/her skin.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 04:51:54 PM »

I don't really know much about the guy so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but isn't Marco Rubio white?
He is Cuban American.

Yeah, I know. I'm also aware that in the US Hispanic is considered a race instead of just people from spanish speaking countries. But since there can be white Hispanics like him I wondered if he would still be considered a Non-White president if elected or the "hispanic" part is the one that takes precedence when determining your race.
Sorry, but I'm not really well versed in this area Tongue
Yes Rubio is white rather than Amerindian. But the media describes him as Hispanic, and it would be politically incorrect to describe him as anything else.

First, there were a lot of Amerindians in Cuba, so he might be. 

Second, while not a "race," Hispanics are definitely a minority group.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 10:51:24 PM »

I thought that all Amerindians died on most islands after the spanish made a visit, so you only had black slaves and the Spanish.

No, they were enslaved (including ones brought in from Central America), though small pox killed a lot.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 06:24:01 PM »

In all seriousness, with two weeks to go, things are looking pretty damn bad for Obama right now

But not over.  If we start seeing good polls for Romney in OH and in some of NV, CO, IA, WI and NH, it is over. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »

I thought that all Amerindians died on most islands after the spanish made a visit, so you only had black slaves and the Spanish.

No, they were enslaved (including ones brought in from Central America), though small pox killed a lot.

The numbers in Hispaniola dropped from the hundreds of thousands to a few hundred within about 50 years. They left no trace in the population. I don't expect Cuba would be any different.

Some of that was intermarriage (of which I am proof of a few hundred miles to the north). 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:16 PM »

In all seriousness, with two weeks to go, things are looking pretty damn bad for Obama right now

But not over.  If we start seeing good polls for Romney in OH and in some of NV, CO, IA, WI and NH, it is over. 
I think Romney just sealed the deal.  Obama needs some major shake up now. 

He wasn't hurt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies