Is Obama finished? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:12:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Obama finished? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 229

Author Topic: Is Obama finished?  (Read 316138 times)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« on: December 20, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »

Even if you take Rasmussen out of the polling at RCP, Obama is at 49.5/44.2 (and include all the hilarious joke polls such as Bloomberg, AP, and NY Times/CBS), an approval rating that not too many predicted he would have at this stage through is presidency.

Question for the conservatives or Republicans on this board: which event would you rather attend in November 2012 if it happens...Sarah Palin's victory party or Obama's concession speech.

This would negate the positive effects of this.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:11:54 PM »

"This would negate the positive effects of this."

I want to see non-military government spending reduced dramatically. 

Military Spending should be cut too. It is a large majority of American spending. If I was president, I would oppose any spending cuts into other priorities unless vast Military cuts are made.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:56:34 PM »

And sell ourselves out to the Military-Industrial Complex? Are you insane? That makes an all-too friendly relationship that develops between defense contractors and government forces. Government wants high military spending to keep constituents happy, and the defense industry wants to make a buck. Do you want this nation to be even more dominated by the Defense Industry?
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »

The amount of spending on the military is not justifiable by external threats, and it is burning through out pockets. Make major cuts everywhere, but do not leave Military spending unscathed by the red pen.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

The amount of spending on the military is not justifiable by external threats, and it is burning through out pockets. Make major cuts everywhere, but do not leave Military spending unscathed by the red pen.

We spend more on our military than the next fifty countries combined. That strikes me as more than a little off. I mean, it's not like we're likely to suffer an invasion en masse anytime soon.

Exactly. And making spending cuts would not necessarily hurt the economy as poundingtherock has said. Military spending after the Korean War declined nearly 70% and the 50's were a relatively prosperous decade.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies