Is Obama finished? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:54:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Obama finished? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 229

Author Topic: Is Obama finished?  (Read 316124 times)
Poundingtherock
« on: December 20, 2009, 07:29:36 PM »

Even if you take Rasmussen out of the polling at RCP, Obama is at 49.5/44.2 (and include all the hilarious joke polls such as Bloomberg, AP, and NY Times/CBS), an approval rating that not too many predicted he would have at this stage through is presidency.

Question for the conservatives or Republicans on this board: which event would you rather attend in November 2012 if it happens...Sarah Palin's victory party or Obama's concession speech.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »

"This would negate the positive effects of this."

I want to see non-military government spending reduced dramatically.  Fund our troops and wars and nothing but the bare minimum for anythign else is essentially my motto. Palin would probably adopt that mindset as well.  I don't think she's losing too much sleep over the people who lack healthcare in this country.  Neither am I.

I think the assumption that Obama's approval ratings will improve once the economy improves is wrong because the people making this argument are already claiming that the economy is improving right now just as Obama's approval has continued to drop to a record-low for a President in his first year in office.  So if we accept the argument that the economy is improving right now, then you would have to accept the fact that the economy is not what is driving Obama's approval rating down.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:47:39 PM »

No cut to military spending.  I'd increase it.  Military spending boosts the economy while protecting us at the same time.  If you don't have healthcare, grab a tissue.

I'm a hawk.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 10:59:42 PM »

The defense industry has been great for our country's economy.  Jobs and safety.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 01:15:17 AM »

The military does leave people dead....terrorists and our enemies.

So Pbroker, since you are arguing that the economy has improved towards the end of this year, are you conceding that the economy is not what is driving Obama's approval down?

A stable economy might not be what Obama wants.  After all, socially conservative Hispanics may just vote on social issues, giving Republicans 40% of the Hispanic vote.

White people won't vote for Obama anyway given that he's under 40% in approval with whites in many polls.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 06:38:01 PM »

Pbrower,

Where's your math coming from regarding the 260 electoral college votes?

I recall that the census in 2010 will lead to a net of +10 in terms of electoral college votes for red states last election.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »

I usually won't ever cite the NY Times/CBS News poll because it is a joke (see its 2009 NJ governor polling) but when it shows a result favorable to conservatives, that makes my argument even stronger.

http://www.nationalcenter.org/2003/08/majority-of-hispanics-pro-life.html

"According to a July 13-27 New York Times/CBS poll (as reported on LifeNews.com), 44 percent of Hispanics now say abortion should not be permitted, while 33 percent say it should be permitted with strict limits."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies