Scott Brown for president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:01:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Scott Brown for president?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Scott Brown for president?  (Read 8302 times)
milhouse24
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »

He won't run, he is pro-choice
ScottM

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: 4.35

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 07:53:42 PM »

I don't really think he'll run, but as we don't know a whole lot about him at this point, I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on it. I think he'd have to be fairly arrogant and conceited to run so soon, but, who knows?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »

He can flip-flop on the issue, like Reagan and Romney.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »

Surely the nude centerfold would hurt him a lot more nationally than in MA. Just sayin'.

Probably helps him or anything, he is SMOKIN' in that picture.

Even though I'm straight, I totally agree.

He'd win women.

Didn't JFK win in 1960 because many women thought he was hot and sexy and thus voted for him, allowing him to win several large swing states by narrow margins and thus the election.
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 08:26:25 PM »

Not in 2012. Maybe in 2016 if he can win reelection to the Senate.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »

Not in 2012. Maybe in 2016 if he can win reelection to the Senate.

He could also run in 2016 if he loses in 2012 and then wins the MA Governorship in 2014. Of course, that would make it more likely for him tor un in 2020 or 2024, since he will have to start campaigning almost immediately if he wanted to run in 2016 in this case.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 05:16:22 PM »

If Brown continues to show he works for his people, not for the party, I think he'll win reelection. 

Personally, I see Brown winning reelection in 2012, then running for Governor in 2014.  In 2016, he runs for President and (most likely) wins.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »

Surely the nude centerfold would hurt him a lot more nationally than in MA. Just sayin'.

He'd win women.

Didn't JFK win in 1960 because many women thought he was hot and sexy and thus voted for him, allowing him to win several large swing states by narrow margins and thus the election.

Yes.
My grandmother, a lifelong Republican, voted for JFK because I quote "he was a looker". And she really REALLY disliked Nixon.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 08:49:14 PM »

He'd win women.

Yes.
My grandmother, a lifelong Republican, voted for JFK because I quote "he was a looker". And she really REALLY disliked Nixon.

Was your grandma a Goldwater Republican? Also, how come she disliked Nixon so much? Back then no one knew that he was a crook. Was it his lack of charisma? His close association with Alger Hiss? Or something else?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »

He'd win women.

Yes.

Was your grandma a Goldwater Republican? Also, how come she disliked Nixon so much? Back then no one knew that he was a crook. Was it his lack of charisma? His close association with Alger Hiss? Or something else?

Maybe she just doesn't like him.

Maybe people can have opinions on other people without publishing a dissertation.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 09:58:36 PM »

He'd win women.

Yes.

Maybe she just doesn't like him.

Maybe people can have opinions on other people without publishing a dissertation.

I wasn't asking you.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 10:26:34 PM »

He'd win women.

Yes.

Yes, she was a Taft/Goldwater Republican, in West Texas. She held her nose and voted for Eisenhower only because Stevenson scared the hell out of her (she thought he was extremely liberal). As for Nixon though, she said that a) She felt like that Kennedy was actually more conservative than Nixon on some areas, b) he looked good, c) she smelled something corrupt about Nixon, and d) she was enthusiastic about Kennedy's approach to civil rights. Kennedy was the only Democrat she ever voted for, she considered him a "great president" but she absolutely hated Johnson's administration. She thinks the man was like Satan Incarnate. She was a very avid supporter of Barry Goldwater during the 1964 presidential campaign. She has alot of problems with the current Republican Party, namely that they have abandoned their "conservative roots" with their big government spending and the social interventionist policies of the Religious Right.
For her time, she was a very unique woman in her environment.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 01:32:04 PM »

No he would be beat up too badly in the primary to win there. Republicans don't vote based only looks. Only democrats do that.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 10:08:12 PM »

No he would be beat up too badly in the primary to win there. Republicans don't vote based only looks. Only democrats do that.

Huh
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »

Huh

So, he'd be ahead of Sarah Palin.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »

Huh

How come Reagan and Bush Jr. won the GOP nominations then?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 12:05:39 AM »

As much as I would love for Scott Brown to run and split the neocon vote, it isn't going to happen so long as Mitt Romney is running.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 12:53:59 AM »

As much as I would love for Scott Brown to run and split the neocon vote

Don't you like Chuck DeVore? Rather funny that you're going on about neocons.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies