Who do you think is the strongest and weakest potential Republican candidates? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:22:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who do you think is the strongest and weakest potential Republican candidates? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who do you think is the strongest and weakest potential Republican candidates?  (Read 9332 times)
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« on: February 23, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »

Strongest candidates:
Huckabee (I know many people on this forum will disagree with this, but from what I've seen, he is leading in many polls for the primaries, and polls also show that he is the strongest candidate to go against Obama.)
Romney (has the potential to appeal to moderates and independents, unlike certain other Republican candidates.)
Pawlenty (same reasons as Romney.)
Barbour (is a very skilled politician, and has the potential to appeal to the GOP's southern base.)

Weakest:
Palin (polls show she is the weakest of the most likely presidential candidates to go against Obama. Not to mention that it is likely that she would once again have to deal with Saturday Night Live poking fun at her each week during the campaign.)
Santorum (another candidate who would likely be a weak candidate to go against Obama, and he also lost reelection to the Senate, which isn't a good thing to have while you're running for president.)
Bachmann (same reasons as Santorum, except the part about losing reelection.)
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:11:12 PM »

In order of strength:

Daniels, Pawlenty, Thune, Romney, Huckabee, Palin, Barbour, Paul.

I would have had Daniels as a potential front-runner, but I don't think he really wants to run.  I also think his ethnic background may hurt him, or voters may choose to ignore it.

Dude ... we have a black President named Barack Hussein Obama who was raised as a Muslim and has referred to his mother's atheism as "healthy skepticism".  Mitch Daniels is not going to be hurt by the fact that his grandparents were Syrian Christians.

Hold on a second. Last I checked, Obama was raised by his mother, and later after that, by his grandparents, all of whom were Christian, I believe. And even his father did not exactly practice Islam. Therefore, he was not raised as a Muslim. Obama himself explains it in this quote:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:05:37 PM »

Did Obama explore Islam during college?  I remember he said he used to fast on Sundays, which is a muslim tradition.  He said it cleansed his body and soul. 

Umm...when did he say this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies