Who do you think is the strongest and weakest potential Republican candidates? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:25:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who do you think is the strongest and weakest potential Republican candidates? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who do you think is the strongest and weakest potential Republican candidates?  (Read 9323 times)
milhouse24
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »

Strongest right now: Romney because no one else is out there raising money, followed by Palin
Weakest right now: Huckabee because he can't run while he is on tv

Strongest in the future: Thune, after he wins re-election, he will devote full-time to Iowa. 
Weakest in the future: Romney, voters will find someone they like better; Palin because she won't be able to raise money.
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:32:41 PM »

In order of strength:

Daniels, Pawlenty, Thune, Romney, Huckabee, Palin, Barbour, Paul.

I would have had Daniels as a potential front-runner, but I don't think he really wants to run.  I also think his ethnic background may hurt him, or voters may choose to ignore it.
milhouse24
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:31:01 PM »

In order of strength:

I would have had Daniels as a potential front-runner, but I don't think he really wants to run.  I also think his ethnic background may hurt him, or voters may choose to ignore it.

Dude ... we have a black President named Barack Hussein Obama who was raised as a Muslim and has referred to his mother's atheism as "healthy skepticism".  Mitch Daniels is not going to be hurt by the fact that his grandparents were Syrian Christians.

That may well be, but we are talking about the Republican Primary, and most guys who are Southern Christians or War Heroes get preferential treatment.  Daniels is a mild-mannered mid-westerner, will he be able to fight back in the primaries?
milhouse24
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »

In order of strength:

I would have had Daniels as a potential front-runner, but I don't think he really wants to run.  I also think his ethnic background may hurt him, or voters may choose to ignore it.

Dude ... we have a black President named Barack Hussein Obama who was raised as a Muslim and has referred to his mother's atheism as "healthy skepticism".  Mitch Daniels is not going to be hurt by the fact that his grandparents were Syrian Christians.

Hold on a second. Last I checked, Obama was raised by his mother, and later after that, by his grandparents, all of whom were Christian, I believe. And even his father did not exactly practice Islam. Therefore, he was not raised as a Muslim. Obama himself explains it in this quote:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Did Obama explore Islam during college?  I remember he said he used to fast on Sundays, which is a muslim tradition.  He said it cleansed his body and soul.  He has a resounding Muslim name, and I think he should explore his father's roots and culture.  He seems too intellectual to be religious, but I know he attends Church because he had a crazy pastor.
milhouse24
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »

Fasting on Sundays is not in any sense a Muslim tradition.

I'm not sure why he fasted, but I wouldn't begrudge him to explore his father's faith.  He was in college after all. 
milhouse24
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 08:38:38 PM »

Did Obama explore Islam during college?  I remember he said he used to fast on Sundays, which is a muslim tradition.  He said it cleansed his body and soul. 

Umm...when did he say this.

I think he started fasting and living a healthier lifestyle after he stopped doing drugs.  Its in his autobiography.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies