Atlas Election 2012: Running Mates sign-up thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Election 2012: Running Mates sign-up thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atlas Election 2012: Running Mates sign-up thread  (Read 12897 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

Sure.  Remember to keep it short, please.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »

I am always interested in taking the War against He that Shall be Defeated to another level.
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 11:51:57 PM »

This is my bio:
Ulysses Robert Underwood was born on May 19th, 1939 in Humble, Texas. His father, Robert Underwood, had been one of the major investors in the Humble oil fields and had since the original strike in 1905, expanded “Lone Star Gold” to operate in many fields across the state. Though he had been brought up by his father to eventually take over the family business, Ulysses quickly took a interest in politics and law, spurred on by his volunteer work within the Kennedy campaign in Texas. Graduating from Cornwell University in 1963 he moved back to Humble to aide his father in running LSG. Despite being a newcomer with relatively little experience, the family name, along with his wit and wallet, allowed for Underwood to narrowly the incumbent Democratic representative in the 2nd district, in the primary. While serving as Representative, he was one of the few conservative democrats to voice support for Civil Rights legislation, and was key in ensuring Texan support within the House. However, his support had ebbed by the 1970’s when bussing was brought forward by then President Nixon, and soon became a critic. In 1973, Underwood changed his registration from Democrat to Republican, stating that the Democratic Party had left him, not he it. In 1978, he was asked by former Governor John Connally and the Texas Republican Party to run for the Governorship, which he narrowly won over John Luke Hill. Serving from 1979-1987, Underwood made himself ineligible to run for a third term, having passed an amendment to the Texan constitution that allowed only two terms in office. In 1988, wishing to reenter the world of Washington, Underwood ran against incumbent Lloyd Bentsen, winning by a comfortable margin. He has in that seat been a principle supporter conservative causes, though he controversially supports governmental universal healthcare, promoting the Taiwanese model. Underwood ran a short campaign for the Presidency in 2012, but dropped out after losing the South Carolina primary.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 03:33:58 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2009, 04:13:51 PM by A-Bob »

Larry Little's Bio:

Larry Little was born in Cheyenne, Wyoming on January 14th, 1951. Little was born into a lower middle class family, yet hard working. In 1969 volunteered to serve in Vietnam and was put in the infantry as a Corporal. Little received great respect from his men, earning a two Bronze Stars and a Silver Star as well as  the Purple Heart, being wounded in the leg saving a comrade.  Little was one of the last to leave, staying until 1975 with the rank of First Lieutenant. Little served in El Salvador, Egypt, Libya, Panama and had been stationed all around the world, while moving up in rank. In 1990, Little was eventually requested by President Bush to serve in as the Vice-Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, now at the rank of General. Little had a major role in Operation Desert Storm and then retired in early 1993 before the Clinton era. In 1994, Little ran for Congress to put common sense and military experience back in Washington and successfully won after beating Barbara Cubin in the primary for the seat open. Little was elected Governor in 1998 after Governor Geringer could not run for a second term due to health issues and served until 2006. During his two terms, Little cut taxes and regulations which dramatically grew the economy and population to 890,000 when he left office as well as reforming Health Care, allowing businesses to pool together, creating health incentivites and cut waste, cutting the uninsured number in half. Little then replaced Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld until the end of the Bush Presidency in 2009. Little had high credibility and was highly respected by the public in his role for turning around the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars into US favor and for successfully turning parts of the countries back over to their security forces which had been trained by the US and were able to maintain those regions from terrorists and extremists. Little was credited for capturing Osama bin Laden at the end of the Bush presidency in 2008, becoming a national hero. Many had hoped Little would run for Governor again in 2010 or President in 2012 but choose not to and instead endorsed Governor Helen Hudson late in the primaries despite close relations with Governor Pickering from Colorado. It is now no surprised Larry Little is on the short list for the Republican ticket.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 04:20:57 PM »

I just noticed that all of the characters have the same first and last initials. Why?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 04:24:15 PM »

I just noticed that all of the characters have the same first and last initials. Why?

I guessed so it was easier to remember their names
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 04:26:35 PM »

I guessed so it was easier to remember their names
It's sad that I have been so involved in this game and just now figured that out...
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »

I'm staying in as Rick Romano.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2009, 01:36:06 AM by Joe Republic »

It's sad that I have been so involved in this game and just now figured that out...

Seriously, you really just figured it out nowShocked

There wasn't much of a reason for it, I just thought that alliterative names for everybody would be a semi-amusing quirk.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »

If it wasn't clear, I'm still Pickering.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2009, 12:28:02 PM »

Now that I have 50 posts, I would like to be Fred Foster.

Bio up in a bit.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »

Fred Foster was born in an upper middle-class family in Indianapolis on July 14, 1939. He went to the local public schools, and then to Indiana-Purdue University in Indianapolis. Upon graduation in 1962, Foster led an unexciting career as the owner of several small businesses. In 1968, Foster was elected to the Indiana House of Representatives. Despite being a freshman, he immediately became the Minority Leader.

Foster was reelected to the Indiana House in 1970 and 1972.

In 1974, Foster retired to run for the Senate against incumbent Democrat Birch Bayh.
Originally considered a longshot, Foster slowly approached Bayh in the polls and narrowly defeated him on Election Day, aided by the popularity of incumbent President Victor Vanderbilt. Fairly little-known, the anti-Republican environment in 1980 led to Foster’s defeat, 52-47.

Seeking a political comeback, Fred Foster was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1982, and re-elected in 1984 and 1986. In 1988, Foster led a longshot bid for U.S. President. After receiving just 3% of the vote in the Iowa caucus, Foster dropped out, and ran for re-election. In 1988, he gained the position of Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee.

In 1994, Democrats regained the House of Representatives after a long exodus, even defeating Republican Speaker of the House Tom Tully. Foster spent the next six years (1995 – 2001) as Minority Leader. In 2000, Republicans gained back the majority, and Fred Foster became Speaker of the House. Foster, who had grown increasingly bored with his work, entertained the notion of retiring in 2002; he announced on December 21, 2001, that he would seek re-election, but instead of becoming Speaker, he would become Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, something which “provides me job satisfaction.” This all proved to be immaterial, as Democrats regained the House in 2002.

Republicans gained the House back in 2006, and Foster became Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, a position he holds to this day. Foster has enthusiastically endorsed Helen Hudson, and is considered a possibility for the vice-presidential nomination.

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »

Fred Foster was born in an upper middle-class family in Indianapolis on July 14, 1939. He went to the local public schools, and then to Indiana-Purdue University in Indianapolis. Upon graduation in 1962, Foster led an unexciting career as the owner of several small businesses. In 1968, Foster was elected to the Indiana House of Representatives. Despite being a freshman, he immediately became the Minority Leader.

Foster was reelected to the Indiana House in 1970 and 1972.

In 1974, Foster retired to run for the Senate against incumbent Democrat Birch Bayh.
Originally considered a longshot, Foster slowly approached Bayh in the polls and narrowly defeated him on Election Day, aided by the popularity of incumbent President Victor Vanderbilt. Fairly little-known, the anti-Republican environment in 1980 led to Foster’s defeat, 52-47.

Seeking a political comeback, Fred Foster was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1982, and re-elected in 1984 and 1986. In 1988, Foster led a longshot bid for U.S. President. After receiving just 3% of the vote in the Iowa caucus, Foster dropped out, and ran for re-election. In 1988, he gained the position of Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee.

In 1994, Democrats regained the House of Representatives after a long exodus, even defeating Republican Speaker of the House Tom Tully. Foster spent the next six years (1995 – 2001) as Minority Leader. In 2000, Republicans gained back the majority, and Fred Foster became Speaker of the House. Foster, who had grown increasingly bored with his work, entertained the notion of retiring in 2002; he announced on December 21, 2001, that he would seek re-election, but instead of becoming Speaker, he would become Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, something which “provides me job satisfaction.” This all proved to be immaterial, as Democrats regained the House in 2002.

Republicans gained the House back in 2006, and Foster became Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, a position he holds to this day. Foster has enthusiastically endorsed Helen Hudson, and is considered a possibility for the vice-presidential nomination.

nice way to completely and fully jack the entire US history
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »

This is a game between two fictional characters for President. We can assume that, somewhere, something changed, so the election is Hudson v. Xiao, not Romney v. Obama.

I simply filled in the blanks. Cheesy
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2009, 09:06:19 PM »

No Republican XX, I see.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »

There's like one other name I could come up with for those initials, and I'm saving it for the next game.

Welcome back, btw.  Are you still in Dhaka?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2010, 02:43:25 AM »

I'm in Hong Kong now. Flight takes off in 2 hours.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »

can I be Pete Price?
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »

Peter Allen Price was born on June 5, 1961 in Richmond, Virginia. He, from an early age, was very intelligent. He also stood out as being more liberal than almost all his classmates. However, he could easily relate to the common man, like Jim Folsom. (Or Jefferson Dent.) He was elected to the State House in 1984 and served for 4 years. He was then elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, and served 8 years until being elected U.S. Senator in 1997. He became Minority Leader in 2005, and Majority Leader in 2009 when the Democrats took back the Senate. He's been called "the next LBJ" for his work as Majority Leader, including getting a public option passed in 2011 (It's been very successful since.) and getting stricter gun control laws in 2010  (which nearly got him defeated that year.) Pete Price is thought of as a potential candidate in either 2016 or 2020.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 04:18:01 AM »

There are only two more stages before the nominees will announce their selections, so hurry and sign up if you want to be added to the short lists.  Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2010, 04:09:57 PM »

Oh, I'm still in!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »

OK, the running mates have been announced as Quentin Quinn and Pamela Pickering!

Therefore, this thread is now closed.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies