Atlas Election 2012: Running Mates sign-up thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:24:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Election 2012: Running Mates sign-up thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Election 2012: Running Mates sign-up thread  (Read 13009 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: December 21, 2009, 05:19:34 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2010, 10:15:28 PM by pretentious partial sentence for a username »

Welcome to the 2012 running mate enrolment thread!  Here you can declare your interest in being selected as the official vice presidential nominee, and support either Xander Xiao (D) or Helen Hudson (R) in their efforts to win the presidency.

Below are the names and pictures of several politicians that each campaign has decided to enter into consideration.  Of those, several are considered potential, meaning that they are of interest to the campaign, but they have not yet expressed interest in the role themselves.  Those that have done so have been short listed.  Some of them, primarily the nominee's former rivals during the primaries, may have been ruled out for various reasons.

If you would like to join the game and enter the short list, please select an unoccupied candidate (i.e. one that doesn't already have a forum member's name above the profile picture) from the 'Potential' list.  If you like, you can write a brief biography for your candidate, which for your own sake should probably emphasize why you would be a beneficial addition to the ticket.

You don't actually need to be a supporter of either major party, and even if you are, you don't particularly need to be in the same party as your chosen candidate.

DEMOCRATS

SHORT LIST

Click on the images for biographies of the candidates, if available.

POTENTIAL

RULED OUT

REPUBLICANS

SHORT LIST

Click on the images for biographies of the candidates, if available.

POTENTIAL

RULED OUT

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:39:36 PM »

I'll play as Trent, if no one objects.

I OBJECT.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Furthermore, welcome to the game.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:24:50 AM »

And where on earth did you get these photos from. Ahaha.  Like a bad high school yearbook.
Ohio legislature, I think.

For the presidential candidates, that's right.  Although Xiao's picture was taken from the Washington legislature, IIRC.  These veep pictures were instead taken from the Arkansas legislature.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 02:28:12 AM »

Would it be possible to jump back into the game as a potential Democratic VP while forgetting my old persona?

Sorry, but both of you must remain with your original characters for the duration of the 2012 election.

Ben, do you want to be shortlisted as Goldsmith?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 02:30:49 AM »

If I can't endorse I probably can't do this, but if I can, I'll be Fred Foster.

Yeah, I'm afraid I can't really allow that just yet either.  But just to reiterate, you're welcome to come back and sign up once you've made 50 posts on the forum.  And there's certainly no restrictions on following and commenting on the race. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 02:32:45 AM »

Yep, exactly the same principle as the presidential candidates, but the overall effect is halved for Veeps.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

Sure.  Remember to keep it short, please.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2009, 01:36:06 AM by Joe Republic »

I just noticed that all of the characters have the same first and last initials. Why?
It's sad that I have been so involved in this game and just now figured that out...

Seriously, you really just figured it out nowShocked

There wasn't much of a reason for it, I just thought that alliterative names for everybody would be a semi-amusing quirk.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »

There's like one other name I could come up with for those initials, and I'm saving it for the next game.

Welcome back, btw.  Are you still in Dhaka?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 04:18:01 AM »

There are only two more stages before the nominees will announce their selections, so hurry and sign up if you want to be added to the short lists.  Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »

OK, the running mates have been announced as Quentin Quinn and Pamela Pickering!

Therefore, this thread is now closed.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies