Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:23:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties?  (Read 2654 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 21, 2009, 10:24:27 PM »

With the exception of Kanjorski, you will probably not see a Democrat elected between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.  I'd expect Meehan to take Delco, even if the GOP there are morons.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:16:45 PM »

With the exception of Kanjorski, you will probably not see a Democrat elected between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.  I'd expect Meehan to take Delco, even if the GOP there are morons.

You would pick Kanjorski over Holden?  HAHAHHAHAHAHA.  Wow.  Really?  All seriousness why?

PA-7 has moved too much in the Democratic column for the GOP to have a shot unless the Dem had corruption issues.  With an even match like Lentz vs. Meehan, I'm gonna have to go Lentz by default.

PA-6 voted heavily for Obama.  It's arguably the 4th or 5th most socially liberal district in the state, possibly tied with the 13th.  Mind you Curt Schroder may have more name rec than Doug Pike, but it won't matter much.

Just like PA would only go Obama by 2 points.... right!  Funny, I even underestimated PA in 2008, but knew which areas would shift which way.  I just underestimated how much.  It seems the white ethnic Dem areas shifted right and west of Philadelphia, including Lancaster, Berks, and Chester Counties shifted drastically to the left over the past decade.  Look at Joe Pitts' district (PA-16) for crying out loud.  Obama was within 3 and he's a conservanut.  The Dems should eventually target him, but mind you the guy would have to be a Blue Dog/DLCer at least.

I've been looking at the numbers; there has been a shift, but away from the Democrats.  You don't really think health care is a winner in these areas?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:29:12 PM »

With J. J. it certainly has become interesting but this thread would be a world more interesting if a certain poster from Phill was here Smiley lol

It will be a national election, like 1994.  Murtha, who would normally be the strongest, is under investigation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies