Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:56:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties?  (Read 2607 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: December 22, 2009, 12:01:50 AM »
« edited: December 22, 2009, 12:15:35 AM by Mr.Phips »

With the exception of Kanjorski, you will probably not see a Democrat elected between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.  I'd expect Meehan to take Delco, even if the GOP there are morons.

Do you include Pat Murphy in PA-08 there?  

Speaking of PA-07, I hear through the grapevine that both national and state Democrats are begging Sestak to drop his primary challenge to Specter and run for reelection. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »

With J. J. it certainly has become interesting but this thread would be a world more interesting if a certain poster from Phill was here Smiley lol

It will be a national election, like 1994.  Murtha, who would normally be the strongest, is under investigation.

In 1994, all Democrats survived except for the one in PA-13.  At the same time Democrats picked up PA-18.  Holden and Pat Murphy are not going down. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:42:10 PM »

Murtha was cleared in his ethics inquiry:

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_354231438.html

I'd say Kanjo will probably lose, Republicans have a better than 50% chance of picking up PA-07, Democrats have a 50/50 shot at PA-06, Dahlkemper and Dent are slight favorites to be re-elected, and the others will be re-elected. 1-2 net Republican pickups.

I'm still not sold on PA-7 for the GOP.  The Democrats have a solid base there and a field of candidates.  I'd be far more afraid if Pat Murphy in PA-8 were to give up his seat.

I dunno. If Barletta could get a 48-52 result in 2008 with massive Obama coattails in the district, what is the likely result in 2010?

Barletta also lost by double digits in 2002, which was a very good Republican year. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:18:38 AM »

Charlie Dent- Possible upset with stronger challengers.  It's a lean Democratic district in a normal year.  I think Dent holds due to incumbency.

Charlie Dent's district is getting more and more Republican by the second.  With a perfect challenger and a perfect Democratic year, he might accidentally lose, but the guy is a veteran politico from a State Senate district including Allentown.

I mean, seriously.  Last year, his opponent spent about $1,000,000 to lose by seventeen points.  This isn't happening for Dems.  Period.

You mean the district is getting more Democratic by the second right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies