Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:30:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will these PA Candidates lose their seats/flip parties?  (Read 2653 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« on: December 22, 2009, 08:05:46 AM »

Murtha was cleared in his ethics inquiry:

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_354231438.html

I'd say Kanjo will probably lose, Republicans have a better than 50% chance of picking up PA-07, Democrats have a 50/50 shot at PA-06, Dahlkemper and Dent are slight favorites to be re-elected, and the others will be re-elected. 1-2 net Republican pickups.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 08:05:53 AM »

Charlie Dent- Possible upset with stronger challengers.  It's a lean Democratic district in a normal year.  I think Dent holds due to incumbency.

Charlie Dent's district is getting more and more Republican by the second.  With a perfect challenger and a perfect Democratic year, he might accidentally lose, but the guy is a veteran politico from a State Senate district including Allentown.

I mean, seriously.  Last year, his opponent spent about $1,000,000 to lose by seventeen points.  This isn't happening for Dems.  Period.

Yes, because you know, going from a 50-50 district in 2004 to a 56-43 district in 2008 certainly spells doom for the Democrats.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »

Yes, because you know, going from a 50-50 district in 2004 to a 56-43 district in 2008 certainly spells doom for the Democrats.

This is a D+2 district. The DCCC put some money here in 2008. The Democratic candidate spent a million dollars. Obama won the district in a "break Democratic" year.

And Charlie Dent still won by 17.

That's what spells doom for Democrats.

Though I'll be very interested in hearing where you think those 18 points of Democratic performance are going to come from!

Sam Bennett was a bad candidate, from what I remember. I never considered PA-15 to be vulnerable in 2008. You can pour as much money as you want into a race, but if your candidate sucks, you won't win regardless.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies