Which will be elected POTUS first? Muslim or Homosexual?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:18:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which will be elected POTUS first? Muslim or Homosexual?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Which will be elected POTUS first? Muslim or Homosexual?
Muslim

Homosexual

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Which will be elected POTUS first? Muslim or Homosexual?  (Read 12104 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:50:35 AM »
« edited: December 28, 2009, 10:55:52 AM by Badger »

I know these both have separate threads, but I thought "Why not put them head to head"?

I vote 'homosexual'. The same sort of folks will be revulsed at both, but outside the black community (which I don't think would vote dramatically different becasue of this), there's more gruding acceptance of gays over Muslims. Neither will happen soon, but I could see a lesbian active in the UCC or Episcopal Church being elected sooner than any Muslim.

Side note: I will put odds on a candidate having admitted to a brief homosexual trist in their youth--particularly a woman who had a girlfriend in college or the like--will be elected well before an "active" homosexual.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:31:12 AM »

Haven't we already had both, and homosexual was first?

j/k Tongue
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »

Openly gay, as we have already had a homosexual president.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »

Agree. BTW, do you mean Buchanan?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 01:02:19 PM »

Agree. BTW, do you mean Buchanan?

Not specifically, but yes.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 06:45:16 PM »

If neither are elected before 2060, then Muslim. If either are before 2060, then gay.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 05:27:23 AM »

Homo. No doubt.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 12:20:13 PM »

I would say homosexuality.  Although, some staunch conservatives say that we already have a Muslim in Office right now, which I vehemently disagree with.  The muslim religion is, for better or for worse, linked to terrorism and unlike the views of my good friend Sally Kern, homosexuality is not a worse threat than terrorism.  Terrorists can kill, homosexuals probably will just vehemently disagree, they won't kill.  At least, the GLBT's I've known aren't violent people, terrorists do.

I haven't read too much about President Buchanan, other than that he was arguably the worst president, if not of history, then definitely the 19th century.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »

I would say homosexuality.  Although, some staunch conservatives idiots say that we already have a Muslim in Office right now, which I vehemently disagree with.  The muslim religion is, for better or for worse, linked to terrorism and unlike the views of my good friend Sally Kern, homosexuality is not a worse threat than terrorism.  Terrorists can kill, homosexuals probably will just vehemently disagree, they won't kill.  At least, the GLBT's I've known aren't violent people, terrorists do.

I haven't read too much about President Buchanan, other than that he was arguably the worst president, if not of history, then definitely the 19th century.

Corrected.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 04:55:49 PM »

I would say homosexuality.  Although, some staunch conservatives idiots say that we already have a Muslim in Office right now, which I vehemently disagree with.  The muslim religion is, for better or for worse, linked to terrorism and unlike the views of my good friend Sally Kern, homosexuality is not a worse threat than terrorism.  Terrorists can kill, homosexuals probably will just vehemently disagree, they won't kill.  At least, the GLBT's I've known aren't violent people, terrorists do.

Corrected.

Thank you!!
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 08:23:40 PM »

Openly gay, and its going to be a republican.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »

Charlie Crist?

Phil Innomarato?
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »

Some unknown, whos conservative on everything else and maybe libertarian on the gay marriage issue (pulling the state out of marriage all together and ending all state subsidies on marriage).
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 09:36:59 PM »

At least, the GLBT's I've known aren't violent people, terrorists do.

How many terrorists do you know?
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »

I would say homosexuality.  Although, some staunch conservatives say that we already have a Muslim in Office right now, which I vehemently disagree with.  The muslim religion is, for better or for worse, linked to terrorism and unlike the views of my good friend Sally Kern, homosexuality is not a worse threat than terrorism.  Terrorists can kill, homosexuals probably will just vehemently disagree, they won't kill.  At least, the GLBT's I've known aren't violent people, terrorists do.

No, he isnt muslim, but he sympathizes with their cause and gives aid and comfort to the enemy.  He apologizes for our country constantly and includes them as if they are part of the main American makeup along with Judaism and Christianity.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 11:45:42 PM »

America will cease to exist before any of these things happen.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 12:36:25 AM »

lol
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 01:20:43 AM »

Some unknown, whos conservative on everything else and maybe libertarian on the gay marriage issue (pulling the state out of marriage all together and ending all state subsidies on marriage).

I bet he is from PA. Tongue
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 01:33:14 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 01:42:45 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised.

Are you talking about Keystone Phil? lol.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »

No, he isnt muslim, but he sympathizes with their cause and gives aid and comfort to the enemy.  He apologizes for our country constantly and includes them as if they are part of the main American makeup along with Judaism and Christianity.

There are a couple million Muslims living in America, who are proud American citizens.  They are part of the American makeup along with Christians and Jews, as well as people of other religions.

And he (I assume you mean Obama) does not sympathize with terrorists and provide them with aid and comfort.  He is going around "apologizing" for our country because Bush has spent the last eight years sullying our image to the world.  That's not to say Obama's foreign policy is any different.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 05:33:59 PM »

Gay, elected in 1856.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 08:04:01 PM »

So, then, do you believe that Muslims are the enemy?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 12:30:20 AM »

Gay Republican. I still think that's an oxymoron. Kinda like being black and liking the KKK or being Jewish and voting for Hitler.

Unless the Republican Party becomes more libertarian and drops the Religious Right, then an openly gay individual would be elected over a Muslim as a Democrat. All of the openly gay politicians I can think of right now are Democrats: Barney Frank, Jared Polis, Tammy Baldwin, Steve Pougnet (the Mayor of Palm Springs who's challenging Mary Bono Mack in CA-45) and Linda Ketner (the lesbian who almost defeated Henry Brown in SC-01 in 2008). And, due to the sexist double standard, it would probably be a lesbian over a gay man because it seems as though lesbians are much more tolerated, probably because of the girl-on-girl fantasy that most heterosexual men have, whereas society seems to be repulsed seeing two guys going at it and straight women, most of whom love gay men, aren't really turned on by seeing two guys getting it on. Sad, but true. But, take it from me, I kissed a boy and I liked it... A LOT. Wink 
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 08:04:36 PM »

Probably a homosexual. Keep in mind that the Muslim could face discrimination from both the left and the right while the homosexual would face discrimination just from the right.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies