The 2012 Austrian Election Interlude: The rise of Frank Stronach and more ... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:31:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The 2012 Austrian Election Interlude: The rise of Frank Stronach and more ... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Austrian Presidential Election ?
Heinz Fischer (Incumbent-SPÖ/IND)

Barbara Rosenkranz (FPÖ)

Other candidate (please post)

Invalid

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: The 2012 Austrian Election Interlude: The rise of Frank Stronach and more ...  (Read 274623 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: September 01, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »

I'm sorry but are you completely out of your mind ?

Can't you really see how much of a problem it is for someone seeking supreme office to be declaring his income in other countries, especially in a fiscal paradise like neighboring Switzerland, when he will ask his citizens to increase their fiscal effort because of "the crisis", whichever this may be ?

Can't you really see how outrageous it would be ? Would you have Romney living in Luxembourg six months a year and financing Luxembourg universities more than US ones while being US President ?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:43:23 AM »

I love how all three right-wing candidates are men, two of them dull suit-tied stereotypes, whereas all three left-wingers (though we could argue that SPÖ is still left-wing...) are women, with SPÖ candidate kinda hot with that dress... Cheesy

You cannot make up stuff like that !
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 02:17:20 AM »

I find it very characteristic that his party would have a name in Denglish, having spent all his life in Canada...
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »

Yeah I hadn't realized that Team was so rooted in German nowadays. The German language is not the best resistant against the English language invasion...
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 04:05:18 AM »

I like where the Greens' figures are going...
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 04:29:23 AM »

Well that's a shame, since Cordoba in España lost its Communist mayor last year, that would have probably be the largest European city with a Communist mayor !

Anyway that's pretty comforting to see that voters are still capable sometimes of switching away of a centre-left party that compromises too much with the right to go for a more left-wing party not willing to do so. SPÖ must ask themselves questions now...

Oh and another thing : those councils with even numbers of seats are just ridiculous. You just don't do that.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 05:31:38 AM »

Well, until Dec 2011 you still also had Nicosia in Cyprus, but it turned conservative also. Now I only find Saint-Denis in Paris' suburb which has 105,000 inhabitants.

You could argue that Pisapia, Milan's mayor in Italia, is the largest city's communist mayor, but I think he's now much more of a social-democrat.

In Germany, Die Linke's got Schwerin with 95,000. Maybe fellow Atlas members could help us in that quest ? Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies