Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:04:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)  (Read 72111 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2011, 08:27:10 PM »

First of all, I am not going to fall for your trap pushing me into attacking Marokai's work as GM. I think the GM position is a difficult one, and I thank Marokai for his work thus far.

Second, I think allowing the GM to go into region specific stories is a good idea. We are not one homogenous nation. The industries, politics and landscapes are vastly different from one region to another, and I would certainly approve of giving the GM a little leeway, if he sees fit, to do that. The GM would obviously need to be the one to create these regional stories for national discussion.

As for how to incorporate regions into the national discussion, simply look at past bills I and other have authored in the Senate. In the Fix Our Roads! Act, money was divvied through the SoIA to regions, and a spirited discussion ensued on how to handle that money. It was divided up based on need. The same thing is going on now, and many of these nation building plans that create jobs must be directed towards regional governments. Why else are they there except for that purpose? To control themselves.

And I know elections have nothing to do with anything really, but I can dream and tell myself people are actually reading this, can't I?

Next?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »

Will you appoint Snooki to your cabinet?

Absolutely. She will be my secretary of beauty and fashion.

Next?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »

TPP -  Senator, I think you misunderstand.  The GM's work is not being criticized here.  It is the reaction from the Senate, and Atlasia that is being questioned.  I think GM Marokai himself would agree with the idea that his reports lack significant reactions, and are probably generally ignored by regional legislatures.  I only ask how you feel about said fact.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »

Endorsed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #229 on: September 07, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel asks...

Senator Duke, if elected, are there any members of President Polnut's cabinet that you wouldn't retain?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #230 on: September 07, 2011, 09:46:03 PM »

TPP, I see what you're asking now. I wish I had a more adequate answer for how to get regional governments to actually pay attention to the news. I hope that if the federal government shows more interest in engaging the regions, we will see a halo effect of sorts. But I cannot predict the future, and I can't hold the hands of regional governments in actually doing this.

Sentinel, I'll obviously replace the GTO Wink

But seriously, there are people I would definitely like to keep on if they are willing to serve with me. I think his current cabinet is very competent. I expect there will be changes throughout my potential administration, but that is to be expected with anyone taking office. There is no one off the top of my head I would replace.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »

Endorsed
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »

TPP - "The People" would like to point out that the red doesn't blend well with the rest of the banner Wink 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »

TPP - "The People" would like to point out that the red doesn't blend well with the rest of the banner Wink 

Maybe it will be fixed with version 2.0. I make no guarantees though.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2011, 01:22:46 PM »

Senator,

it appears to me that the current President has had a somewhat troubled relationship with the Senate at times, even with Senators of his own party. I remember at least one comment directed at the President which I interpreted as downright rude. Aren't you afraid that you might face similar problems if you were elected?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2011, 01:38:21 PM »

Senator,

it appears to me that the current President has had a somewhat troubled relationship with the Senate at times, even with Senators of his own party. I remember at least one comment directed at the President which I interpreted as downright rude. Aren't you afraid that you might face similar problems if you were elected?

Hey, he was practically asking to be called a Negative Nancy.  Grin
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »

Senator,

Hey, he was practically asking to be called a Negative Nancy.  Grin

Who, the President?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »

Senator,

I fully expect to get negative comments in the Senate. Hell, I do now and I'm just a lowly senator. Tongue

President's need to have thick skin. I know our current President does, and I hope our next President will, whether it be me or someone else. All I would ask of the Senate is to be reasonable. They can be as rude as they want, but if they are rude and unreasonable, then I will have to crack the whip. The good news is, we have checks and balances. Usually those being unreasonable will be filtered out in the end product. I am not worried though. I can take it. Just watch me. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »

What do The People think now? My media team labored over this for hours.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »

Yes, Senator, I do accept your offer of being your running mate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2011, 05:15:51 PM »

So you received my check in the mail?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2011, 05:18:07 PM »

May just be the last thing he gets in the mail. Tongue
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2011, 05:20:13 PM »

Yeah, and it's about time. It's the 21st century dude, use PayPal next time or something.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »

TPP - The People approve
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2011, 05:43:23 PM »

TPP - The People approve

Then all their work was worth it! I'll pass the message along to them!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »

Since it is apparent The People are wanting answers and plans of action, and since I have let my running-mate plans slip off of the front page, I think it is time we gathered again to discuss that very topic.

When I sat down to think about who I would want to run with, a few names came to mind. Some of them were pipe dreams - yes, I can dream too. Some of them were hard workers that I knew I could count on for support throughout a grueling campaign. The criteria I employed during my search was simple: I wanted someone who was active, loyal, and an independent thinker. Someone who did not put their ideology beliefs first and foremost but the good of the country. The man I selected as my running mate is a fresh face on the scene; a startup that shows the hunger and perseverance we need more of in today's Atlasia. He has dedication, smarts and a little ambition. He even joined with a few Atlasians to form a new political party that elected an at-large senator in their first attempt. That, my friends, is pretty good. I have also admired his work in the Northeast Assembly from his early days of joining up to now.

I am confident my running mate and I will offer pragmatic, common sense solutions to continue Atlasia's move forward. He, like me, does not believe in simple platitudes to impress people, nor does  he believe in using bitter partisanship to influence people to support our ideas. Together, we will aim to be the most open, approachable administration in this country's history.

And now I would like to introduce my running mate, Cincinnatus!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »

Thank you Senator.  I understand there may be some reservations as to me being on this ticket.  I assure you, I understand.  The fact is, I'm not a long standing member of Atlasia.  I haven't been elected a Governor, or a Senator.  Nor have I been appointed to a prestigious cabinet position.  During my six months here, I've only been a member of the Northeast Assembly.  I personally feel, that my time working with Senator Napoleon, Governor Winfield, and several others, is a testimony to my commitment to the Northeast region, game reform, and this country. 

I'm not looking to be an empty suit.  Neither am I seeking some future nod for the RPP spot in the Presidential election.  None of these things appeal to me.  I originally sought to run for Northeast Governor, a position I felt I could greatly contribute in.  My mind was changed when I was asked to run on this ticket.  Why? First, Atlasia needs three or four tickets running for each Presidential election. For the sake of competition, and for the sake of meaningful proposals, we need more than two tickets drawn up by party lines, pitting the right against left.  Last,  I respect Senator Duke immensely.  He has shown he can compromise without compromising himself, rise above partisan bickering, and actively pursue smart solutions in the Senate.  Had anyone else in my party ran and asked me to be VP, I would have likely said no.  Regardless of whether Duke and I lose or not, I'm certain that this campaign will be about ideas, about meaningful and passable reform, and about civil, honest debate.

If anyone has any questions for me personally, feel free to ask.  Otherwise, my campaign staff is currently writing another poorly written speech.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »

Welcome Cincinnatus to the campaign. 

On a personal note, I must say it has been a pleasure for me as Governor of the Northeast to serve with you as a member of the Assembly and as Speaker.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2011, 07:48:58 PM »

In the next few hours, I will be posting a detailed platform outlining our plans for the future. Stay tuned.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2011, 08:36:13 PM »

Very good ticket.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to: